Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why you should vote for Obama

Creator: Searz October 6, 2012 3:04pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 12:44pm | Report
only like 60% of americans vote so it's not a perfect representation of "for the people" or whatever you say.

but no, states wouldn't be relevant. Wyoming has 500,000 people living in the entire state, cities like Atlanta and St. Louis have more people living in them then the entire state of wyoming. Why on earth would Obama or Romney visit Wyoming if they couldn't get more votes than your middle of the road american city. the electoral college makes states relevant
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 1:21pm | Report
"for the people" is whatever i say? do you even know thats in the constitution? probably not cuz its what i say and you quoted it

and either way its THE PEOPLES CHOICE to vote or not so it is still by the people for the people

im sure that they would still visit all the states to inform people of their views and such, and either way all of the speeches they make are on the internet and on the tv so you can just watch the speeches there from other states

but then again its still my opinion, you cant really prove my opinion of not liking the electoral college as wrong no matter how hard you try
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 1:30pm | Report
i swear the day a liberal lectures anyone on the constitution

I'm not trying to prove your opinion wrong, I'm trying to explain why we have the electoral college in place.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 1:39pm | Report
i know that there is a reason why the electoral college is there, it wouldnt be there if there wasnt a point to it

im just stating that i dont like the electoral college and it goes against what i believe is written in the constitution and that if people from other countries want to say something in the government is flawed they should look at that
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 1:43pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

only like 60% of americans vote so it's not a perfect representation of "for the people" or whatever you say.

but no, states wouldn't be relevant. Wyoming has 500,000 people living in the entire state, cities like Atlanta and St. Louis have more people living in them then the entire state of wyoming. Why on earth would Obama or Romney visit Wyoming if they couldn't get more votes than your middle of the road american city. the electoral college makes states relevant

I think a lot less than 60% of american vote. if we're talking about for the presidency, it's less, but all other elections, probably less than 15%.

I believe that the electoral college assigns a # of votes to a state based on its population, but I may be mistaken. Also, why would Obama visit a SUPER-RED state like Texas? Why would Romney visit a state that will vote Dem no matter what, like California?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 1:47pm | Report
Why would Romney visit a state that will vote Dem no matter what, like California?

Because he loves me? :(
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 2:04pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

i know that there is a reason why the electoral college is there, it wouldnt be there if there wasnt a point to it

im just stating that i dont like the electoral college and it goes against what i believe is written in the constitution and that if people from other countries want to say something in the government is flawed they should look at that

of all the things flawed in this country's government you think the electoral college is the pin-up of this country's failures. I seriously hope you can't or choose not to vote

Quoted:

I think a lot less than 60% of american vote. if we're talking about for the presidency, it's less, but all other elections, probably less than 15%.

"in the United States 2008 presidential election turnout was 63%"

http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/2008turnout-report_final11.pdf

damn that was just a guesstimate, I am ****ing good

also in regards to your second part, that is absolutely correct it is based on population, but it still gives a state more transit worth than if it was based solely on population. For example Wyoming with 3 electoral votes is probably worth alot more to an election than wyoming with '1/4 of atlanta's population'

DillButt64 wrote:

"for the people" is whatever i say? do you even know thats in the constitution? probably not cuz its what i say and you quoted it

it's not in the constitution, get educated
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 2:14pm | Report
Declaration of Independence* still this doesnt take away from the point being that the country is meant to be for the people by the people

its nice you can assume things :D i can assume things to! assumptions are cool and cuz i can assume things it means im right and youre stupid!

no i never once said it was the "pin-up of this countries failure" did i? please tell me where i did? in my opinion i dont think the electoral college is a good thing but now you just want to assume i said its "THE BIGGEST FAILURE OF AMERICA" which i never said and then told me i shouldnt be allowed to vote because of it, guess what :D im registered to vote does it make you angry?

i said that if people from other countries want to say something bad about the US government they can look at the electoral college because I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE IT

if you want to call me stupid and say im wrong for having an opinion about the electoral college be my guest but dont assume i think "THIS IS THE PIN-UP OF THE FAILURE THAT IS AMERICA" and say im stupid because of the assumptions you made
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 2:16pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

about searz saying there is only 2 choices

say there were 10+ parties (there are countries that have this and these countries are the ones with constant civil wars) well say there are 10 parties and votes are like this

8 parties get 10% of the votes
1 party gets 9%
1 party gets 11%

11% of the country gets what they wanted and now 89% of the country didnt because one party got the most votes even if its only by a little

now 89% of the country is against the government, civil wars break out, now there are 10 parties again and a new election, lather rinse and repeat

now while 51% and 49% seems like a large part of the country isnt getting what they want but in reality there are very few times when the elections were ever that close

on a side note i do wanna say i hate the idea of the electoral college and how someone can win the election because they get more electoral college votes even thought the other guy got the popular vote

for those that dont know what the electoral college is and the popular vote is i highly suggest looking it up because thats a true problem with american politics imo

EDIT: by very few times it was that close i mean by 1%-2% not something like 56% to 44%

The amount of misinformation in this post is hurting my brain.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 2:19pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:
atleast we have elections in America, your boy Jose Manuel Barroso wouldn't know anything about that. But then again perhaps thats because he, like you, comes from portugal, which is pretty much a non-country these days

Lol? I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. Though I doubt you know either..
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide