Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bulky Tristana

Creator: Trojan995 December 28, 2010 10:44pm
1 2
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 10:44pm | Report
So i've been trying out tristana as an AD carry (until caitlyn comes out), and I seem to be awful at her. Not only that, I'm squishy as all unholy hell. I can barely sustain myself while buying pure DPS items, but my question is how should I go about bulking up on armor/magic resist without sacrificing too much DPS?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 10:48pm | Report
You really need to have good positioning, that's basically it. Also try to limit yourself to one survivability item, Veil or Frozen Mallet. Try to engage in short bursts instead of trying to keep sustained damage, it makes you more vulnerable. Better wait on someone who plays Ranged DPS more then me though. Hope I helped.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2010 11:11pm | Report
Wait for tanks to engage always. Don't give a **** if people call you a kser, feed yourself (unless they're also carries). Frozen Mallet, Veil, and Guardian Angel Really help. If you find yourself having trouble against Exhaust and want a defensive item, get a Quicksilver Sash. If you don't want to sacrifice any DPS and can keep yourself alive while being squishy, get a Sword of the Divine.

5loth
<Member>
5loth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 12:36am | Report
I got a lot better with tristana when I started clicking three times as much. Right click on target to shoot, right click behind you to run, right click on target again for next shot. Also good to use rocket jump if you're feeling a little to close to the action, even if they haven't targeted you yet. Remember, she has more attack range than most other champs. Get red buff to help keep people from getting to close. If Akali is not accounted for, get back to the tower because she's about to kill you.

Also, careful with explosive shot harrassment, as it's range is much less than your attack. Finally, ult them off of you all the time. It's probably one of the best get off my face buttons in the game.

As a side note, I like to ult someone every time I go back, even if it doesn't kill them. Very satisfying.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2011 7:07pm | Report
I don't think I made my question clear. AP champs have a plethora of items that make them bulky and powerful at the same time. Abyssal Mask, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Rod of Ages, Soul Shroud, and soon to be Zhonya's Hourglass. In this way a mage can have armor, MR, and health without ever giving up an item slot that doesn't give AP as well. All I can find for AD carries in this realm is Frozen Mallet, and that's fairly expensive for only 20 AD. Are there any other items in this category, that can really make an AD carry strong with an added bonus of health/armor/MR?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2011 7:09pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

I don't think I made my question clear. AP champs have a plethora of items that make them bulky and powerful at the same time. Abyssal Mask, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Rod of Ages, Soul Shroud, and soon to be Zhonya's Hourglass. In this way a mage can have armor, MR, and health without ever giving up an item slot that doesn't give AP as well. All I can find for AD carries in this realm is Frozen Mallet, and that's fairly expensive for only 20 AD. Are there any other items in this category, that can really make an AD carry strong with an added bonus of health/armor/MR?

I don't think so. If you're asking for defenses and offenses on one item mages have life made for them while carries have to resort to Guardian Angels and Banshee's Veils.

PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2011 7:47pm | Report
The reason AP items are like that (unlike AD items) is because when you are buying AP you are focusing on nuking all your spells out at once then your done until CD's refresh. AD items give you continuous damage output.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 2:28am | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

Are there any other items in this category, that can really make an AD carry strong with an added bonus of health/armor/MR?

There's always Madred's Bloodrazor. It only gives 25armor though, but I do bet it's a great item on Tristana. And let's not forget Hexdrinker.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 3:46am | Report
The defensive AD items you should consider are;

Against other Physicals; and.... LIFESTEAL items are a defensive option (they get worse late-game sometimes).
Against Mages; and Kiting+her Ultimate
Against True Damage;
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2011 12:14pm | Report
I just picked up playing her since Ashe bans have been frequent, and may make a guide after more testing but as of right now this is how I'm building her, once I get used to her I'll be using her in Ranked. Positioning is important with Tristana and knowing how to play ranged carries in general. Learning how to farm properly with her takes time, but it will really change your gameplay once you do. I tend to rely on my teammates for CC to focus on maxing my pure DPS, but if you have really bad teammates then investing in a Frozen Mallet is a must.

Skilling Order: Get 1 point in each ability to start, then max explosive shot (farming/harass), then rapid fire, then rocket jump.

I like to get consistent DPS, while also providing survivability and not as much focus on AS items that since you already have Rapid Fire.

ArP Marks + Quints, along with Mana Regen Seals, and MR Glyphs work well. Your building order can also change how much damage you are getting out.

Here's one example of my standard building order to focus enemy carries and casters first.

Here's another example for a 'bulkier' Tristana in case you wish to rely purely on yourself.

Don't forget about these.. they can change your output drastically (I like to keep them on after I purchase my first 3 complete items)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide