Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Frozen Mallet

Creator: oFrostio January 7, 2014 3:57am
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 11:32am | Report
I shall make my own Frozen Mallet... with blackjack and hookers!

Sig made by Tamy
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 12:04pm | Report
He is gonna kill you!!!
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2014 11:52pm | Report
Oh boy, I can already see the Irelias with Frozen Mallet and Blade of the Ruined King diving ranged ADCs doing 105 true damage per hit and reducing their movespeed to a snail's.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2014 9:11am | Report
Embracing wrote:

Tanky Riven isn't and has never been a thing in SR.

FMal sucks on EVERYONE now. It's not because it's a niche item but because its stats are horrible for its price.

That, and the recipe sucks now.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 6:29am | Report

Oh boy, I can already see the Irelias with Frozen Mallet and Blade of the Ruined King diving ranged ADCs doing 105 true damage per hit and reducing their movespeed to a snail's.

The days with Entropy on non-SR maps...
Lamkaspire
<Member>
Lamkaspire's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2014 2:57pm | Report
To reiterate what everyone else has been saying: I don't find the item to be worth the cost and effort. There are much better buys for better stats. The slow simply isn't worth the gold and the recipe is god awful.

The fact that Phage doesn't build into Frozen Mallet anymore also doesn't make much logical sense... Phage is a mallet, no? Whoever changed it should be fired for lack of common sense. :3
~ Those who only read the first page never truly know the story...~
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 12:29am | Report
wait mallet is still an item
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2014 12:43am | Report
What is Frozen Mallet?
KillaCamTron
<Member>
KillaCamTron's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 1:37pm | Report
I know this thread is pretty dead at this point but i just wanted to add something about all the comments about the new recipe for FMal. I personally think the biggest problem isn't necessarily the items required to build the items as much as it is what ELSE those particular items can be built into.

I believe that, more often than not, FMal is an item that would be built on bruisers and when considering what items are typically built on bruisers you can see why FMal isn't built that often. The two main items of the three required to build FMal are Pickaxe and Giant's Belt. Let's say I'm a bruiser and i decide to buy a Pickaxe because i want to deal more damage(duh) i could then spend less money and turn it into a Last Whisper or Tiamat both of which give me more damage then my finished Frozen Mallet. On the other hand if i build a Giant's Belt because i want more surviability(duh) i could alternatively turn that into a Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Aegis, or Warmog's Armor which give me more survivability then FMal. To put a cherry on top you could spend an extra 500 gold and just build a Randuin's Omen with a Pickaxe and have a much higher damage output with basically the same utility. Ulitmately what im getting at is that from a cost efficiency standpoint it just doesn't make sense to me to purchase this item WITH it's current build path. There, i said it.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 12:31pm | Report
I would still say that Frozen Mallet should slow AS aswell, this way, it can compete with Randuin's Omen. And give it a different version of Phage.

Egahp
Long Sword + Ruby Crystal + 515 gold
Cost: 1350 gold
Stats: 20 AD, 200 HP
UNIQUE Passive - Icy: Your basic attacks slow your target's Movement Speed by 20% and attack speed by 10% (10% and 5% for ranged attacks) for 1 second.

Frozen Mallet
Egahp + Giant's Belt + 450 gold
Cost: 2800 gold
Stats: 30 AD, 700 HP
UNIQUE Passive - Icy: Your basic attacks slow your target's Movement Speed by 40% and attack speed by 20% (30% and 15% for ranged attacks) for 2 seconds.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide