Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Graves Theorycrafting

Creator: Mrs Warboys October 11, 2011 7:41pm
1 2 3
Mrs Warboys
<Member>
Mrs Warboys's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 7:41pm | Report
Here he is...

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-champion-approaches-%E2%80%93-graves-outlaw

Abilities:

Q - Buckshot: Graves fires three bullets in a cone damaging all enemies in the projectiles path. Enemies at close range can be hit by multiple projectiles, but each one beyond the first will deal reduced damage.

W - Smokescreen: Graves fires a smoke canister at the target area that deals damage and creates a cloud of smoke. Enemies inside the smoke cloud have reduced sight range and movement speed.

E - Quickdraw: Graves dashes forward gaining an attack speed boost for several seconds. Attacking enemies lowers the cooldown of this skill.

R - Collateral Damage (Ultimate): Graves fires an explosive shell dealing heavy damage to the first t it hits. After hitting a champion or reaching the end of its range the shell explodes dealing damage in a cone behind the target.

True Grit (Passive): Graves gains increasing armor and magic resistance the longer he remains in combat.

3 AoE attacks, AS steroid which could have a crazy low cooldown if he keeps attacking, and a defensive passive.

The first Tanky Ranged DPS? I suppose a well played Graves won't need AS (because of his E), so he'll be building AD and HP/Resistances. Atmogs on a ranged champ could be pretty funny... and OP as hell. I suppose it depends on the strength of his passive and whether it's worth building defensive or if it's negligible.

3 AoE attacks, a dash and a slow+sight reduction means a highly skilled/risky player could build pure damage to rip apart teams and hope that they don't get caught by dashing in and out of range.

Really exciting champion from a first look!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 8:01pm | Report
Build like MF.

/thread

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 8:06pm | Report

The first Tanky Ranged DPS?

Just gonna put this out there. Urgot. That is all.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 8:36pm | Report
Oooooh, might be a bit like that, although I doubt riot will make a champion like that ever again.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 9:14pm | Report
i dont really think urgot is that tanky outside of his ultimate, and his shield does have an offensive use (the slow)
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 12:59am | Report
Urgot is very tanky because you have to itemize like a melee-caster and his shield does make him tanky too.

Graves is certainly no ranged tanky dps. The passive is only to let you focus more on damage, and have the advantage when you're in sustained battles.

Buckshot will most definitely scale with AD, so you're still going to want to build like a Ranged AD carry to do well. No different from other ranged carries.

Infinity Edge is your standard core. I can see Bloodthirster being very popular on him.
And whether players go with Last Whisper or Black Cleaver will be decided by whether Collateral Damage is a magic damage or physical damage ability.

Phantom Dancer may be preferred over an Armor Pen item if his auto-attack range is short.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Mrs Warboys
<Member>
Mrs Warboys's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 1:20am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Graves is certainly no ranged tanky dps. The passive is only to let you focus more on damage, and have the advantage when you're in sustained battles.

Buckshot will most definitely scale with AD, so you're still going to want to build like a Ranged AD carry to do well. No different from other ranged carries.

Infinity Edge is your standard core. I can see Bloodthirster being very popular on him.

You're certain, eh? How come? You got insider info you wanna share? ;)

I think I'm gonna first try Bloodthirster, Warmog's Armor and Atma's Impaler. He'll be tanky enough to stay in the fight long enough for his passive and E to be effective (both reward you for constantly attacking). I guess The Brutalizer would be cool for some ArPen but Ghostblade doesn't work for ranged, right?. Lame!

Hexdrinker might be interesting. It synergizes with his passive pretty well, since it will probably activate when it's maxed
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 1:21pm | Report
Since you should be able to go mano a mano with some of your opponents, i guess urgot build seems more like it.
But i will just let it rest until i got my hands on some proper numbers.

JunSupport wrote:

Seeing Riots intentions behind this one (up until now...) you should either go tanky or Quickdraw will have one hell of a small CD additionally to that autohit payback.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 1:28pm | Report
I need to know how much armor and MR you'll get before I can comment, but if it's a high enough amount, Atmogg's should work nicely.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:36am | Report
I definitely agree that Atmogg's might be a solid way to build him. If he scales off AD why not? Gap close on target enemy and blow them into oblivion with your aoe cone? I'm pretty excited for this champion, I like the concept of Graves.

Tanky Graves:
Thoughts?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide