Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How much AP should you get before buying...

Creator: evolvedpikachu June 18, 2015 7:11am
1 2 3 4
evolvedpikachu
<Member>
evolvedpikachu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2015 7:11am | Report
So, quick generic question here. I usually get Rabadon's after my first AP item (which is usually 80 AP), but I was wondering if I should actually get another item before buying it. Assuming that I use mages like Annie and Veigar, when is it a good time to get Rabadon's?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2015 7:48am | Report
I'm not a mid lane main but I think rabadon's is good enough as 2nd or 3rd ap item, depending on your needs.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2015 8:17am | Report
It is of course champion dependant, on some champs I'll even get it as first while others benefit more from other items first.

About your examples... I'd say Annie likes Rod of Ages first while Veigar prefers to build an Athene's Unholy Grail as first item. For both champs I'd buy Rabadon's Deathcap second!

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
windmills
<Member>
windmills's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2015 4:09pm | Report
Every game get mejai's soulstealer then get 4 rabadons for tons of AP. Assuming you get kills like me, you can dominate everyone. That's what I do and win every time. I get enough gold to do this by not buying wards or health pots.

If you want you can check out my Mordekaiser Guide Once a month I update it daily.

evolvedpikachu
<Member>
evolvedpikachu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2015 12:00pm | Report
@windmills do u also git 5 mana pots evry bak? i also git sword of the occult cuz my aa's do so much.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2015 11:11am | Report
windmills wrote:
Every game get mejai's soulstealer then get 4 rabadons for tons of AP. Assuming you get kills like me, you can dominate everyone. That's what I do and win every time. I get enough gold to do this by not buying wards or health pots.

Err... Hmmm... Err?...
4 Rabadon's Deathcap? Seriosuly man? First of all, the 30% Passive doesn't stack.

Second, if you want more Ability Power, how about a Luden's Tempest + Zhonya's Hourglass? Those items alone, in addition to the Cap give you 468 AP. On the other hand, if you were to build 3 Rabadon's Deathcaps you'd have the same amount of AP, but the passives would be completely wasted! You can get far more useful items instead of stacking Rabadon's...

Third, Mejai's Soulstealer is a very high-risk high-reward item where you have to be, literally, fed as *** to make anything useful out of it, because stacks don't fall from the sky, not to mention you lose half your stacks on death (meaning that if you're not able to stack, your enemy will get ahead of you in both kills and items).

I know some people won't take your post seriously (^looks up^), but consider what I just said and you might have a pleasant surprise next game.
ThePreserver
<Member>
ThePreserver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2015 11:22am | Report
@Re4XN, don't mind windmills, he has a tendency to post this 4 Rabadon's Deathcap mess everywhere, along with his constant posts about Mordekaiser and not buying wards and jungle items because it costs gold.
The Giratina
<Member>
The Giratina's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2015 4:18pm | Report
I would generally say when you hit the 200-300 ap mark (Not including the 120 ap from RabCap). When you reach 200 to 250 ap (Rounding down), you get anywhere from 416 to 481 ap which is a huge powerspike. It increases even more at 300 ap.

Ask about my dank memes
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2015 9:46am | Report
Rabadon's is almost always inefficient until your 4th item. It is sometimes useful 3rd, but not before that.
ThePreserver
<Member>
ThePreserver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2015 12:11pm | Report
Rabadon's is almost always inefficient until your 4th item. It is sometimes useful 3rd, but not before that.

Not necessarily. If you're someone that could benefit greatly from movement speed and AP, there are several occassions where getting this early as a second item could prove worthwhile. On more than a few instances, I've done Aether Wisp + Needlessly Large Rod on a Vladimir to build into a Luden's Tempest, but after basic boots and winning in lane, I go straight into Rabadon's Deathcap and delay Luden's Tempest until I've finished my Spirit Visage + Thornmail combo. Really makes you hard to deal with for the latter half of the game as every item you buy thereafter gives you a +30% AP boost.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide