Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

How much AP should you get before buying...

Creator: evolvedpikachu June 18, 2015 7:11am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2015 12:14pm | Report
All of this discussion is wasted next patch anyway, so guys, please wait. Then Rabadon's Deathcap will have absolutely no enemy, but will also have the absolutely highest price.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2015 11:48pm | Report

Not necessarily. If you're someone that could benefit greatly from movement speed and AP, there are several occassions where getting this early as a second item could prove worthwhile. On more than a few instances, I've done Aether Wisp + Needlessly Large Rod on a Vladimir to build into a Luden's Tempest, but after basic boots and winning in lane, I go straight into Rabadon's Deathcap and delay Luden's Tempest until I've finished my Spirit Visage + Thornmail combo. Really makes you hard to deal with for the latter half of the game as every item you buy thereafter gives you a +30% AP boost.

why are you building thornmail on vladimir... why would you ever delay ludens for a FIRST ITEM deathcap???? wtf
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2015 2:06am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
All of this discussion is wasted next patch anyway, so guys, please wait. Then Rabadon's Deathcap will have absolutely no enemy, but will also have the absolutely highest price.

Nop sorry, it'll not change that before your 3rd or 4th item, Rab is not efficient enough.

They lowered the ap on these items, but their price too making it faster to achieve. I don't think it'll change Rabadon's place that much.

But it'll definitely change builds/rush on AP.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2015 5:08am | Report
Whenever I play Ziggs I get my Rabadon's Deathcap as a 3rd item. I usually go with Athene's Unholy Grail or Morellonomicon, Luden's Tempest and then build my Rabadon's Deathcap. I deal absurd amounts of damage after that.
ThePreserver
<Member>
ThePreserver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2015 8:20am | Report

why are you building thornmail on vladimir... why would you ever delay ludens for a FIRST ITEM deathcap???? wtf

Thornmail is a ****ton of armor and I usually go up against physical bruisers. Plus, mid-late I'm going after adcs which do a lot of poke.

Circumstances, man. I don't always do it but in some cases getting 244 Ability Power with just Rabadon's Deathcap and an Aether Wisp is vastly more powerful than finishing Luden's Tempest for some purple snot damage.

I'm sorry, what?

EDIT: I just realized that the Ahri in that game -also- rushed Rabadon's Deathcap for six giggies and only one death. Granted this was only a normal game but this happens for me in ranked just as often.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2015 11:54am | Report
wouldn't hourglass be a better armor item for Vlad or am I just insane?
ThePreserver
<Member>
ThePreserver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2015 3:56pm | Report
I wouldn't use the word "better", rather I would use the word "situational". Hourglass is good if you're constantly needing to go toes with Zed or Fizz or Karthus etc. But if you are in a -situation- that involves lots of pokes like I am with Vladimir, then you get a Thornmail. I bot gank with Teleport so much that Thornmail is basically core for me.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2015 10:21pm | Report
hourglass is literally always better than thornmail unless you are facing 3-4 auto attack based champions. just because thornmail works well for you in silver elo normal games doesn't make it a better item on vlad lOl. i can link games where i go cinderhulk rengar at challenger elo and win but it doesn't make cinderhulk rengar good.
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2015 1:41am | Report
If you knew the number of people not understanding the power of Hourglass on Vladimir ._.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2015 1:45am | Report
Derp :D It's funny though. He has probably one of the best synergies with zhonyas

It's alright though, people will be in disbelief until a medium-farmed vlad comes into their midgame and singlehandedly carries the teamfight cause he can use up to 3 full rotations without taking damage hue
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide