Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riven's choice

Creator: animorte August 27, 2013 6:24am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 12:33pm | Report
The best champ for Sword of the Divine is still Garen, because he can absolutely make the most damage out of it. No other champ can crit 6 or 7 times with it. If that isn't enough, Judgment scales unlike a normal AA with 1.1 AD, not 1.0, which makes it even better.

BTW: I still think the items needs some sort of buff. Like, if it is on cooldown, you should only loose 1/2 AS, because an item without any stats while on cooldown just sucks.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 12:37pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

BTW: I still think the items needs some sort of buff. Like, if it is on cooldown, you should only loose 1/2 AS, because an item without any stats while on cooldown just sucks.

That's why it sucks on Garen but is great on any champion who can assassinate a squishy target outside of a team-fight, e.g. Rengar. Lane-gank ADC while they're farming bot lane, insta-gib, go mid, SotD already back up by the time you're in a team-fight.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 12:38pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

The best champ for Sword of the Divine is still Garen, because he can absolutely make the most damage out of it. No other champ can crit 6 or 7 times with it. If that isn't enough, Judgment scales unlike a normal AA with 1.1 AD, not 1.0, which makes it even better.

Yeah cuz Twitch totally doesn't utilize it better.... or most other champs for that matter. I don't think I have ever see so much bs before.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 12:39pm | Report
SirAeros wrote:

So people realizing Vaporas Build is OP on all champs HUE

ahue
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 12:51pm | Report

Yeah cuz Twitch totally doesn't utilize it better.... or most other champs for that matter. I don't think I have ever see so much bs before.

As you could compare a champ which builds nearly full tank with Sword of the Divine as only full offense item with someone which just builds full offense.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 12:54pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

As you could compare a champ which builds nearly full tank with Sword of the Divine as only full offense item with someone which just builds full offense.

SotD provides both Crit and AS, useless stats without a good chunk of AD. If you consider SotD on tank Garen; then it's even more stupid than I originally thought.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 8:01pm | Report
I've always been a fan of Crit chance and a bit of AS of AD caster champions even though almost everyone is against it so I'm for the idea of testing an Infinity Edge on her but Sword of the Divine is really pushing it too far. I'm fairly sure simply going full AD or even CDR like Satella just pointed out would give you already more than enough damage to take out squishies AND would also give you more mobility/stuns/shields WHILE being cheaper. lol.

I saw BoxBox go Youmuu's Ghostblade on Riven and it made me very happy.

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2013 9:43pm | Report
i just played a game with a riven that had youmuu's, i just thought it was the new normal thing for riven due to how good it was

then again we did play against a lucian that only got AS and then a randuins
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2013 6:45am | Report
Ok, now I get to respond. (Been at work)
I will be responding to many statements.

The only purpose for Infinity Edge was for the 250% crit damage. I wanted to try it for a game and it was great. I always rush The Brutalizer on her in serious games anyway. Any champion can be a crit champion; there a just a few that literally have it within their skill-set: Pantheon, Tryndamere, Ashe. Yes, so many different items work better on her for damage. I agree that Sword of the Divine losing it's stats while on cooldown is about remedial, almost a complete waste of gold.

The main thing I need to respond to is about auto-attacking on a caster dps champion. If you aren't auto-attacking on Riven, don't EVER play her, seriously. Runic Blade is a free Sheen with no cooldown. You have lost up to 40% of your potential damage if you do not know how to use this passive.

My usual build is generally something like Mercury's Treads, Black Cleaver, Maw of Malmortius, Last Whisper, something needed.

Wait until you see my next test.

P.S. CDR is also seriously my favourite thing about this entire game. I almost always have Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2013 7:28am | Report
I remember that Riot concipated Riven purposely with low base AD to avoid people using Trinity Force, but what did the latest change to it do with that? 207 bonus damage is nothing bad. And the crit could be in combination with another item very usefull, not to even mention the MS bonus.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide