Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The problem with Rammus

Creator: Searz August 5, 2011 5:44am
1 2 3 4 5
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 5:44am | Report
After playing him a little I've noticed that his abilities are just fine, there's no real problem in the abilities themselves.

But what is it that makes Rammus bad/not very viable?

I've come to the conclusion that his base stats and mana costs are the troublemakers here.

His base stats are imo:
HP is kinda normal, but could maybe use a small nudge.
Armor is strong.
MR is normal.
AD is pretty normal, but strong with his armor added in.
AS is pretty normal.
Mana is kinda normal.
HP5 is LOW. (most tanks are at 7-8 base HP5, he's at 5..)
MP5 is LOW.

Now let's look at his abilities:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Rammus

He has 2 spells at 120 mana, one at 90 and one at 50. That's a little on the heavy side, especially with his ****ty mana-reg.

To make Rammus good again I'd change:
  • Base stats:
    • HP increased to 420(+90) from 420(+86).
    • Mana increased to 260(+35) from 255(+33).
    • HP5 increased to 7.5 (+0.8) from 5(+0.55).
    • MP5 increased to 5.5(+0.5) from 4.5(+0.3).

• Defensive Ball Curl:
    • Mana cost reduced to 40 from 50.
    • Damage on attack changed to 20/28/36/44/50 from 22/26/32/38/46.
    • Now deals double damage to monsters and minions.

• Powerball:
    • Mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 80/90/100/110/120.
    • Damage reduced to 90/135/180/225/270 (+0.8 per ability power) from 100/150/200/250/300 (+1.0 per ability power).

• Soaring Slam:
    • Damage increased to 70/135/200 (+0.5 per ability power) from 65/130/195 (+0.3 per ability power)

This would solve a lot of mana problems and sustainability problems he has in the jungle and make a little him better in lategame.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 7:10am | Report
Do you think HP5 Quints could make him alot more stronger, and since hes a jungler the blue buff will solve most of his mana issues. That is if you are able to pick it up and maintain it.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 8:07am | Report
He's reliant on blue AND can't sustain himself in the jungle (unlike Amumu who has higher HP5).

He's also not very fast. He doesn't really bring anything special.. He should at least have some good part to him :/
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 8:13am | Report
Thats true, but how do HP5 Quints look on him? I think it would just amazing on rammus (tbh the best quints to get on rammus)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 8:15am | Report
Noooo... Armor quints.. By FAR the best choice.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 9:43am | Report
It's funny that you point this out considering Rammus used to be first a first ban in low-mid ELO (purely because of his 3 second taunt). I don't think he's been nerfed since then, the meta has just changed to cycle him out of usefulness (that or he's just not popular anymore). While your changes are nice, if they did buff him they would have to do something about his taunt. If he becomes FotM again, you know people will QQ so hard.
Instead of nerfing the damage on powerball, you should adjust the taunt. More sustainability in lane means he gets to use it more often, so that should be taken into account.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:09pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

It's funny that you point this out considering Rammus used to be first a first ban in low-mid ELO (purely because of his 3 second taunt)

Pfft, haha. Sorry, but you got no idea of why he was banned.

His Powerball used to be 30% faster. If he would charge it up a little in a bush or so he had ****ING INSANE ganks. His ganks were GODMODE. Then they nerfed that. Now he's just good at ganking and bad at everything else.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:11pm | Report
Agreed. The taunt was just annoying. Now with tenacity, it's not even a threat.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:15pm | Report
His taunt is short range. It's not that bad.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:37pm | Report
The guy can't do anything in lane, and is obsolete in the jungle.

-Rammus in a nutshell
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide