Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tiger Stance Udyr theorycrafting

Creator: NicknameMy April 30, 2013 8:44am
Rivet
<Member>
Rivet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 5:29am | Report
I do agree 9 times out of 10 you're better off going Trinity Force over Frozen Mallet

But i also think Wit's End would be a better choice instead of Blade of the Ruined King as a standard setup, Id swap it out for Botrk only if there are a couple or more enemys with lotsss of health, this is with me taking either Grez's Spectral Lantern or Wriggle's Lantern early game though for the lifesteal.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 8:36am | Report
Problem of your build, you got 0 CDR. As Udyr, you need to proc your Wilding Claw and have your Iron Mantle very often. This is why 40% CDR is like a must have. And I got Frozen Heart to fix 3 things at once.
1. 2. highest armor in the game.
2. 20% CDR
3. Mana Probelms
The Aura is also a bonus. Also Udyr doesn't need that much HP, as he has Iron Mantle.

And Spellblade just focuses onto base dmg, not any bonus damage.
He is gonna kill you!!!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 10:06am | Report
Udyr doesn't have mana problems, you do Nickname.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2013 8:54am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Largely because you can finish significantly faster than your support usually can. Jungle farm isn't great, but it's still a lot better than what supports usually get. Plus, the support is going to rush Sightstone and probably get boots and Philo before working on it, which is more gold than Spirit Stone and boots in addition to their lower income. Also, it frees up your support do, like, do other stuff with that item slot.

And depending on what type of jungler you are playing, sometimes you and your support won't be in the same area in a teamfight, making your entire team benefit from Runic Bulwark instead of only half of it
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2013 8:57am | Report
Btw, I'm confused. Udyr keeps getting his mana costs lowered and he finally gets a Physical damage source with an incredibly stupid AD ratio and you guys are all talking about Spirit Visage, Muramana and Iceborn Gauntlet. lol?

I thought the discussion would be over how ******ed a fed Bloodthirster Udyr's damage would be ;p.

Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster, maybe Blade of the Ruined King instead if you terribly need da movement speedz. Everything else tanky items probably. ( Randuin's Omen and stuff)

Udyr's mana is very easy to manage ._.
Rivet
<Member>
Rivet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2013 11:32am | Report
His mana is fine, can disappear quickly early game but I find when it's getting low im ready to go back for another item and I blow the rest on farming before returning, by level 10 it seems infinate as long as you're not bear stancing everywhere.

attack speed seems to have been working really well on him damage wise, Im always wanting to put more attack damage items on him but I find if you go tanky you can stay alive much longer, get multiple tigers off on them and the damage is usually suffice with the attack speed and damage from a Wit's End and later build your Phage into Trinity Force, if you're dominating with these items which is often the case I might go more offensive still with Black Cleaver which will benefit from the AS as well.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2013 1:33pm | Report
Oh god, the bonus damage from Q (+% of AD on each autoattack) can crit... and his turtle shield can also now crit... and his Q gives alot of free AS...

Youmuu's Ghostblade (or any crit chance item you like) core on Udyr I called it first

EDIT: nvm it doesn't. Forget it.
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2013 9:14pm | Report
Am I the only one who likes Pheonix form Udyr better? >o<

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Rivet
<Member>
Rivet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2013 12:40am | Report
Ahaha, He's only not being discussed here since this is specifically Tiger Udyr discussion, from my experience most other people I've seen play him like to go phoenix, I think phoenix is exclusively for Jungle Udyr though, even then I personally go Tiger..
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2013 11:36am | Report
Well, it is no secret that Phoenix Udyr was some time ago a counterpick to Yorick.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide