Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tiger Stance Udyr theorycrafting

Creator: NicknameMy April 30, 2013 8:44am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 11:19am | Report
But Frozen Heart would with Spirit Visage overcap my CDR and Iceborn Gauntlet has useless AP and the defense value of other items is higher. If I already got Black Cleaver+ Blade of the Ruined King+ Last Whisper, I need as much tankyness as possible. And why get aegis if your support gets it?
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 12:59pm | Report
You get Aegis because it gives you amazing stats for the cost. Not to mention the stats your team will be getting for free. Spirit Stone solves most of Udyr's mana problems. I usually build very tanky and might consider only building cleaver in certain situations. BotRK is nice, but not a high priority when it comes to my Udyr.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 1:08pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

And why get aegis if your support gets it?

Largely because you can finish significantly faster than your support usually can. Jungle farm isn't great, but it's still a lot better than what supports usually get. Plus, the support is going to rush Sightstone and probably get boots and Philo before working on it, which is more gold than Spirit Stone and boots in addition to their lower income. Also, it frees up your support do, like, do other stuff with that item slot.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 1:12pm | Report
With Frozen Heart+ Runic Bulwark I would have enough tankyness to combine this with Black Cleaver, Last Whisper and Blade of the Ruined King (What is acutally better, Blade of the Ruined King or even Bloodthirster? Udyr has really high AD-ratios now.)
He is gonna kill you!!!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 1:16pm | Report
Supports generally spend most of their income on wards anyway (3 slots already taken up by sightstone and the 2 ward types). Then there's boots, GP5, and health potions. I don't have the inventory slot to spare on a locket/aegis unless I'm Janna and usually I just ask my jungler to build it with great success. Despite popular belief, your teammates will work as a team if you ask them to.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Rivet
<Member>
Rivet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 2:58am | Report
Udyr decimates on Twisted treeline, I've been playing him there with a lot of success before and after his rework you have to build him tanky though.

I've been rushing Grez's Spectral Lantern and using it to power through farming the whole game and helps a lot with staying at full hp, then trying to fit in The Brutalizer and Sheen as soon as among defensive boots and other defensive things like Runic Bulwark. later on I might get the Last Whisper and build my smaller items into the better ones, the damage stays relatively high.

Early on I find you have to be careful, you're not tanky enough to survive very long until you get some items,
Mana is a problem early but even with the small max mana boost from Sheen I find there comes a point fairly early when it seems like you don't have to think about mana anymore it just lasts, there's the mid heal buff as well.

Ive been going 21/9/0 and attack damage marks and quints with armour and magic res seals and glyphs.
from early mid game you can spike in power and stay there all game, as long as you're constantly flying around farming everywhere you can
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 5:51am | Report
I go 9/21/0 because kiting is a ***** to handle sometimes and i'm always in the midst of things.

@NicknameMy: As people have said, going for Aegis before your support just helps your team in many ways. IMO, having the Frozen Heart+ Runic Bulwark combo is tankyness enough on Udyr. 125 armor, 55 MR, 400 mana, 10 health regen... enough mana to keep switching back to Turtle and dish out damage like a boss.

Also, I would rather have Blade of the Ruined King over Bloodthirster for the AS and the active. I guess to round out your build all that's left is deciding on boots, which is easy: tabi, treads or swiftness, depending on enemy team comp.

I've been testing out that new tiger stance and it is GODLY for splitpushing. Udyr was already a force on this subject, but this just makes things so much easier. Clear wave, Bear to the tower, Turtle -> Tiger for passive proc and bye bye tower.

The only issue I'm having right now with him is the order in which to build. If I start tanky I don't die but I have a hard time killing. If I start damage-heavy things can go wrong fast and I get behind. Been thinking of rushing Aegis of the Legion, then going The Brutalizer, Glacial Shroud, Bilgewater Cutlass. And then deciding on what is needed most. Downside is I take a long time to finish a major item.
Rivet
<Member>
Rivet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 6:23am | Report
I'd say staying alive is a much more advantageous option, as long as you get something tanky as soon as, you can get a couple of damage items in there before going for some more serious tank items.

I love the lantern for whichever map and Mercury's Treads to start as it gives Armour, magic res a little extra damage, and the tenacity makes up somewhat for my 21/9/0.

Locket of the Iron Solari would be awesome if you don't want the lantern, but the maim/butcher really does help get the gold flying up, and Id have to rush The Brutalizer next, although I usually would anyway.

I'd personally prioritize AD over AS since he's got his own 70% AS boost and with AD ratios of 160% its really worth it.

I think Trinity Force or Frozen Mallet both work really well on him too, I like to get one or the other.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 7:20am | Report
Yes, staying alive gets you strong mid-late game, but on the other hand the opposition can also be on the same level. If you manage to score some kills, you're ahead. Against higher skilled players, this is crucial.

Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's Battlesong are very situational. Both every useful as well. Although I think better on champs like Olaf.

And yeah, Trinity Force is great on him, especially when you have other AD items to make your spellblade ridiculously good. For a more tanky build I don't think it's that effective and would rather have other pure damage or mitigation item.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 9:27am | Report
Do not buy Frozen Mallet on Udyr, If you want a slow buy Trinity Force. Trinity into LW is very strong on Udyr right now. BotRK is a decent purchase, but I'm not finding it as strong as I would like.

Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Boots of Swiftness
Runic Bulwark
Trinity Force
Randuin's Omen
Last Whisper

This is what my Udyr looks like in a perfect scenario. You don't really engage with Udyr, hes more of a follow up bruiser. I personally play him as a mid line champion, fighting back enemy bruisers while our team engages. Frozen Heart is a great item, but Omen is a much better buy for Udyr. If I were to change anything I might consider Spirit Visage over bulwark.
+Rep me if i'm useful!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide