Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Two Junglers

Creator: tehAsian February 1, 2012 5:00pm
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 6:49pm | Report
@Jhoi

then becomes pretty useless late game :(

example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 6:49pm | Report
And yeah, in the long run 2v1 lanes sometimes favor the team with the 1, assuming the 1 is a "good" 2v1 champ, and the 2 are bad 2v1 champs (and bad players), because it allows one team to get underleveled and makes for super-easy ganks, since on any gank the jungle/solo guys will have 1-2 levels each on both the opposing champs. My first ranked match ever was an easy stomp with me top as Olaf vs. 2 people because any time our jungler stopped by it was basically free kills.

But any decent team will turn a 2v1 to their advantage by: completely zoning the solo and denying all CS, and: knocking the tower down super quick because the solo can't defend it properly. It's not even all about dives, it's about winning the lane, and barring enemy stupidity, a solo vs. 2 people won't win lane. They'll either get dived and feed, or they'll get their tower knocked down. The only reason a 2v1 lane works at all in favor of the 1 is because it leaves the other two lanes free to push and bully their lanes with impunity, since there's no threat of gank. If you have a solo top and a solo bot against a solo top and duo bot, that still leaves one enemy free to gank lanes, and even if they're getting counterjungled ridiculously hard you still can't guarantee that they won't get successful ganks and snowball their lane, and the duo jungle game has to go perfectly early, because once laning phase is over, the only advantage remaining is an extra smite.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 7:18pm | Report
I think in TSM vs Team Liquid they did that (with roaming Evelynn on Liquid and roaming Alistar from TSM). Not really double jungle, but all solo lanes =P was pretty funny because Evelynn got smoked by the op Oracle's Elixir huehue

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 7:36pm | Report
I think everyone is missing the point of this...

Making the enemy jungles useless and turning the game into 4v5.

And a decent amount of champions, played with enough skill and caution, can 2v1 fine, and still manage to last hit.

You're also forgetting about having noc as a jungler. He can assist bot from halfway down the river, so with the right comp this might work. Don't go talking about certain comps either, because from what I know about champion synergy, a right comp is one where all champions can help another perfectly.

Also, what are you're opponents going to do about double jungling in ranked? Ban every jungler? Alright, they just wasted their bans and I'm pretty sure there are more than 3 strong counter-junglers in the game. And while we're on the subject of bans, ban champions so that you can 1v2 with the least difficulty.

GP can get assists from everywhere. Lee sin and skarner has stupid strong ganks, and even an amumu gank can take down duo lanes.

Not to mention with 2 junglers mid can turn into a 3v1 at any time, even worse than bot lane...
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 7:47pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Malz, Morg, Cass, Nasus.

Oh so these don't fall under the category of every champion I suppose.

I reinstate, there is no champion that can "Solidly" 1v2, it doesn't matter how well they clear waves.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 7:56pm | Report
Night: Cass would never be useless late game. Her ult is incredible and she deals a lot of damage. Malz is a bit iffy due to an interruptable ult. Nasus (unless farmed) can be pretty useless late game, though if all else fails he could be used as a damage soak.

Double jungle is fun, but not really viable unless you and your team has practised it and your 2v1 lane is experienced being under pressure.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 8:04pm | Report
The only way a 1v2 can be successful is if your opponents don't know how to play the game.

AD carry and support is the standard bot lane, and AD carry support includes champions like Ezreal, Corki, Caitlyn, etc, champions who will poke the one champion out of lane long before that champion can buy spellvamp.

You cannot build enough regen.

You cannot build enough resistances.

You cannot get the vamp fast enough.

It's entirely reliant on your opponent's inability to play League of Legends. This is recipe for failure.

Just clearing waves of minions is not the answer to 1v2. You have to also manage to not get poked out of lane, and when the 1v3 gank comes (Because trust me, any team with half a brain is going to punish this whole one player against two players thing) trust me, you will die 1v3, and your tower will not save you.

Three solo lanes fails unless your enemy has three solo lanes as well or if your team has a massive lead already, but you don't do it right from the start.

It's just asking to lose if your opponents are semi competent. There's plenty of tournament evidence for this as well, even if you don't believe me for some reason.
example1013
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 8:21pm | Report
Lol. Duff, I think most people are under the illusion that the "solo bot" would last past level 4.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 8:28pm | Report
Unless you get early ganks and snowball your 1v2 lane far enough. Probably not gonna work though :/
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
example1013
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 8:33pm | Report
Like I said. If the enemy team is incompetent, it can work. I'm not arguing that bads won't get caught off-guard and lose to this. I'm saying it's total bs and completely useless against any team who knows what they're doing, and thus isn't a "tactic", "comp" or "meta" so much as a troll.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide