Ezreal Build Guide by misterfirstblood
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Pulsfire Ezreal Build Guide
+20% Attack Speed
Hello guys, I'm MisterFirstBlood from EUW and today I'm gonna show you how to play Ezreal in Season 8.
Since less people have lifesteal ( Fleet Footwork nerf) poke is stronger again. Ezreals Winrate will increase in patch 8.5
I published a new version with tons of design changes at march 7th 2018.
Hope you enjoy it!
Normally I would recommend you to go in the Precision tree with almost every adc.
But Kleptomancy is way to strong on Ezreal, so it would be a mistake not to recommend this.
Kleptomancy allows you to drop items like elexirs, wards or gold while laning and hitting Q Mystic Shot at your enemies. This rune is literally a gold generator for Ezreal because of his low cooldowns and the fact that Mystic Shot counts as an auto attack and triggers it. You will be fullbuild very early and get your powerspikes way faster then with any other rune you could possibly use.
The only sad thing about klepo ezreal is that you have to go through the Inspiration tree and miss a bit damage from your keystone rune compared to Precision, Domination or even Sorcery. But in fact it's not that much damage you miss, because the dropped elexirs from Kleptomancy grant you combat stats too.
Take Biscuit Delivery and Magical Footwear to get even more gold lead out of the inspiration tree and get a little extra damage and attack speed by taking Coup de Grace and Legend: Alacrity in Precision secondary.
It's still really powerful and to be honest the nerf in 7.24 just allows us to play him more often because his banrate isn't constantly at 50-70% anymore.
If there is a possibility to play him successfully in other ways then inspiration I will let you know
Your must have item in laning phase is Tear of the Goddess. You should try to get this one as soon as possible. After u got Tear you can choose between finishing Manamune first or buy Sheen before finishing Manamune.
If the enemies teamcomp is full ad you could think about Iceborn Gauntlet but for normal use take Trinity Force. If you really wanna improve id recommend you to buy Muramana > Boots > Triforce.
Some players also go for Ninjas or CDR Boots, i personally like Berserker's Greaves most.
Now you have some options again. Blade of the Ruined King is the best overall choice in my opinion. You get sustain, damage, your Q applies the blades passive so you can shred tanks and your 1vs1s will be better. Maw of Malmortius is good against AP burst like from Syndra LeBlanc or Annie. If they have a lot of cc like Nautilus Leona or Braum go for Quicksilver Sash/ Mercurial Scimitar and if they have a lot of tanks go for Last Whisper after Blade.
Many players who play Ezreal on midlane tried out to build a Hextech Gunblade on him and this isnt really bad to be honest. Nearly all of [[Ezreal]s Abilities scale with AP and AD so Gunblade increases the outcomming Damage more than BT or IE for example. The active effect isnt bad either.
Try it out ;)
Tipps & Tricks
Q: Mystic Shot
- When your ult is on cooldown use Mystic Shot as often as possible to reduce its cooldown. You can also hit jungle monsters.
- After recalling and buying a tear use your Mystic Shot to stack it while moving to botlane again.
W: Essence Flux
- Don't learn W for the first levels. W doesn't scale with Items and needs alot of mana. So better skill Mystic Shot, Arcane Shift, Mystic Shot, Arcane Shift, Mystic Shot, R until Mystic Shotand Arcane Shift are maxed.
- You can buff yourself with your Essence Flux spell while jumping in the skillshots direction with Arcane Shift or Flash. Combined with your passive you get a lot of attackspeed.
- You can nearly permanently buff your teammates with Essence Flux while hitting Mystic Shot as often as possible when your Essence Flux is on Cooldown. This is an important mechanic for drake/baron fights or pushing towers and works better if you already have 30-40% cdr.
E: Arcane Shift
- Don't use Arcane Shift only to escape. Feel free to dodge some skillshots or reposition yourself to land a better Mystic Shot. If there are no minions near to your enemy the damage of Arcane Shift isn't that bad too.
- You can dodge many Spells with your Arcane Shift because you move instantely after using it.
R: Trueshot Barrage
- You can just snipe your enemies with Trueshot Barrage when you know where they are. So upgrade your trinket into a blue one at level 9. Also avoid to hit Jungle monsters on the way to your target because the damageget reduced foreach hit.
- Dont use your ult for waveclear. Because the damage gets reduced when you hit multiple targets so it's mostly not enough to kill a lot minions. So better use it to poke or execute enemies.
- If a squishy Target doesn't have any vision and is running straight in your direction when hiding in a brush, you can do a fast combination with Trueshot Barrage, Arcane Shift, Mystic Shot, Essence Flux, Auto attack to completely delete your enemy.
- You can kite very well with Iceborn Gauntlet. Because your Mystic Shot triggers hit effects you can increase iceborn's slow with red buff. If an enemy is near to you anyway escape over walls with Arcane Shift.
- Auto attack before and after hit a Mystic Shot. Even if you miss your Mystic Shot you can trigger the iceborn passive by auto attacking the enemy.
Pros / Cons
++ High Range
+ Low Cooldowns
+ Utility (Iceborn)
+ Cheap Itembuild (Tear, Gauntlet)
+ Strong mid/lategame
+ Snowball when ahead
- Not a 'all in' champ
- Bad Early / Needs Items
- 3 out of your 4 spells are skillshots. If you have a bad day you won't deal a lot of damage.
- Bad against healers like sona
- Not as useful as other ad carries when behind
Ezreal is good against
- Everything squishy
- Champions without mobility like Kogmaw Vel Koz
- Tanks without Gapclosers and low ranged champs because of his kiting potential. For example Garen/Nasus
- Junglers in early game. If botlane is warded its hard to gank an ezreal. Champs like leesin or Kha Zix have to focus other lanes.
Ezreal is bad against
- Healers like sona because they just outsustain your poke
- Hypercarry Lategame champs because Ezreal isnt really a 1v1 champ later in the game
- Hard CC like Vi/ Malphite ult which goes throw Ezreal's Arcane Shift
- Point and click spells which delete ezreal ( Syndra Veigar ult, Pantheon w)
- Kai'Sa seems strong against him too since both don't have waveclear and her damage is a bit higher than Ezreals.
Ezreal is good with
Atleast ezreal is a very strong but safe to play ad carry. You can win teamfights before they even start when you're able to poke your enemies enough. If youre behind ezreal can't really take influence to the game but if you're ahead you can carry other lanes too.
You can avoid a lot of deaths with iceborn slow and E. You can improve your aiming when playing ezreal cause you have to land a hundred of skillshots every game. For beginners it's also easy to farm with Q.
In my opinion it's one of the most fun to play champs in league especially cause i got a pulsfire ezreal skin shard :D
Please let me know your experience with my Guide and check out my Youtube channel for more guides
If you wanna Support me check out my latest Video and leave if like if you enjoy it