Fizz Build Guide by Briefcase Bunny
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Oh, many wonder what is appealing about our little fish friend. For some the aspect of being able to dodge skills like Requiem or Trueshot Barrage is enough, while for others the sheer Sexyness of this champion reels them in. Fizz is the cutest, funniest, and smallest thing that will ever kill you on the Fields of Justice. Well, maybe behind the beloved Teemo. Now, if you are reading this guide, you have come to the right place to learn the ways of my favorite Underwater Monk (Yes, Yes, I know he is not a monk). I shall help you master his dodges, conquer any lane, and, for lack for better words, FEED YOUR ENEMIES TO A GIANT SHARK. Please, if any mistakes have been made or if I need to make a change. I take constructive criticism and cry at just plain mean people;) Well, enough with my stupid ranting, let's start your journey into The Life of Fizz Khalifa.
Pros / Cons
+ Can Dodge Every Skill
+ Quick Burst Mage
+ Very Fun To Play
+ Can Out-Harass Almost Any Champion
+ Very Durable
+ Has a Pet Shark
+ Cutest Fish Around
+ HAS A PET SHARK
- Requires Timing
- Requires Skill
- Hard to Learn
- Can Miss With Giant Shark
- Out Cuted By Teemo
- You Have To Pay To Get A Beluga
These Masteries have served me well, Awareness has helped me out-level many enemies, that is if I do not kill them early. Many think that the reduced recall time from Improved Recall does not help, I completely disagree! Many times, the one second has saved my life. The Spell Vamp from Transmutation is small but helps substantially in lane. And how can any AP champion turn down Arcane Knowledge ?
These are my favorite masteries for a Hybrid Fizz. You may change the masteries as you can everything in this build but these seem to work for me. The double penetration is very effective as you do both damage!
- greater quintessence of Vigor: This really helps with your laning, and it also helps a lot when you are soloing, it keeps you in the lane when the enemy harasses too much.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: This is basically more damage, but it is for AP, early, it gets rid of that pesky magic resist that everyone starts with.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Every good champion needs more magic resist, it helps with the needed survivability.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Armor, Armor, and more armor, if you are against that Tryndamere and he is harassing with basic attacks, you take less damage.
While I will not list them here, these really help you do damage early game. They also provide a certain amount of survivability oh and don't forget that everyone loves so cooldown reduction. And don't you dare forget the new double penetration runes coming soon!!!
Ghost: This spell has saved thousands, dare I say it, millions of summoners from their demise, it has so many uses, to chase, to run, to save that tower? Ghost helps in so many situations. This is the same for both builds.
Ignite: This is a must, it angers me when I do not have this, when those stupid !@#!@$! enemies get away, it just is the last straw. I rage, and I get called a nerd, which is probably true anyway. Anyways, you do not have to take this but I usually do. This is the same for both builds.
Flash: This is a spell I do not find very useful on Fizz, because he already has escape spells, but another jump can always help, it is still a viable choice. This is the same for both builds.
Nimble Fighter: Oh, how I love this Passive. "I can run through those pesky minions while you have to run around," I taunt every game, I get away with a kill because of this passive, I also get away from getting killed at least once every game. And I cannot forget how less the minions do early game, its easy to harass with Seastone Trident if I do not take as much damage.
Urchin Strike (Q): How fabulous is it to juke that fed Xin Zhao or to harass the OP Brand in middle? So many uses to this wonderful ability, This is also a very good thing to have if you happen to have oracle and see some enemy wards *wink wink* or maybe to jump to the little harmless wolves to escape death.
Seastone Trident (W): This, right here, is my new favorite gum! *Pause for Applause* Yeah, I know that wasn't funny, but laugh for a pal okay? Anyways, this skill gets those that Ignite does not. So many have raged because of this skill, I have out-laned many great heroes with the disable. Goodbye Mr. Wolfy ( Warwick ) and don't even dare come at me, Akali.
Playful / Trickster (E): This one is Fizz's most famous and Tricky (See what I did there?) skill. It makes him the little rascal he is. Say Goodbye to all your deaths to Requiem and Trueshot Barage , and don't you just hate that stun from Ashe's Enchanted Crystal Arrow? I know I do!
- Chum the Waters (R): This is the BEST PART OF FIZZ!!! But no you do not actually have to be in water to use this fabulous skill. Basically, you call your giant fishy friend (whether it be Shark or Beluga) by throwing a fish at your enemy. Intimidating right? Not at all, but the Giant Fish comes and eats your enemy? Oh, that's a sensation I shall never forget. This makes life amazing for a Fizz.
This is such an easy one to figure out. Of course, you take your ultimate before all else, I mean, its a giant shark! You need Playful / Trickster to dodge those attacks, so I get it at LEVEL 3. I do not level this up as it costs a good amount of mana and does not do as much damage as Urchin Strike. Seastone Trident and Urchin Strike are my harass tools. Seastone Trident is a great move to get first, it helps if you have to fight middle because it is passive. Those are my simple reasons, but like all builds, this is for the community! Comment and ask for changes please! This is the same for both builds.
: This makes you a !@#$! to hit with skill shots, along with helping you getting in and out with your harassment. You may get some Health Potions with this (which I recommend) or you can get a few Mana Potions but I believe a Sight Ward or a few Health Potions will help you more than a Mana Potion.
- Catalyst the Protector: You shall build this into a Rod of Ages but you need this before you finish your boots, it helps with survivability, trust me.
: You need the speed, of course, but the real value of these pointy shoes is the Magic Penetration. It helps more than Ability power or Cooldown Reduction in many situations.
: This is when the action starts! You get damage and health and mana, its an amazing buy! I don't believe, I need to explain much more.
: A slow from running, a slow from a fish, a slow from jumping like a ninja, what more can you ask? Oh, and more survivability :)
: MORE ABILITY POWER FTW!!!! What could be better?
: Ehhhh, so useful! The world is coming to an end when you get this. Just make sure to hit between your abilities, killing will be as easy as catching fish:)
: Guess what? I can't die. That's an amazing feeling, isn't it? It gives you armor but this is the item I am most sketchy about... (Definition of sketchy: Not sure, very uncertain about)
I have not done a lot of testing, I will update items, and hopefully add a situational items section. We all have to remember that good players change builds according to the situation, while I so not currently have a section on this, I need to do more testing.Credit to Alluy for pointing this out.
: This gives you a great amount of survivability and a good amount of AP that really gets you started off at the beginning of the game.
: This item is where you start doing both physical and magic damage. It makes you dominate 1v1 fights and really works well with your Seastone Trident.
: More Cooldown just works for you. It makes your dodge seem to always be available, and you will love being able to throw your shark around a little more.
: Every hybrid should have one of these bad boys. Lifesteal, damage, Spellvamp, Ability Power, everything a good hybrid needs, even its active works amazingly.
: MORE COOLDOWN!!!! ATTACK SPEED!!!!! ABILITY POWER!!!!! It synergizes with your Seastone Trident and works beautifully in fights.
- : You get a sheen earlier in the game, but this just makes you hit that much harder, and more magic resist and movement speed!!! Its simply a great ending item but you may change it, get some more survivability, depends on your situation.
- : This gives you a great amount of survivability and a good amount of AP that really gets you started off at the beginning of the game.
Laning and Teamfights
Last Hit, Harass, Last Hit, Kill The Enemy. That's how this little fishy rolls. He can easily get an enemy to recall before level 6 and can kill them after. Well, let's get to the basics. You need to try and dodge all harassment of the enemy, I know this will be hard before level 3 and after 3 it may still be hard. Enemies with target spells (Non-Skillshot or AoE) are very hard to dodge. You must use Playful / Trickster a lot to dodge all these, you will use mana like no other. Hopefully, the enemy is a mana using champion, if not, hang in there bro, its gonna be a long ride. And to dodge skill shots is easy, though let me help you if you do not know how to. If you see the enemy charging up for the shot, which you can see in many characters such as Ezreal or Nidalee, then do an unexpected move. They usually will not predict it but some might. It takes practice is all I can say from here. This is the same for both builds.
Oh, this is where the fun comes in! It just makes me want to sing!!! (You do not want to hear me though) You basically chuck a fish at their carry or in the middle of the pile. Chum the Waters is your best friend in Teamfights. It knocks up many and does MASSIVE damage. If you are lucky, it will hurt many! Then you simply target each squishy indiviually, then GET OUT!! Wait for cooldowns, then go crush another! Continue until you have to run or until you have won the battle! This is the same for both builds.
I have looked into Jungling Fizz and have found it very useful! The ganking, despite my previous statement, is very effective! It is an overall good choice on Fizz. He is not better than some of the known "made-for-jungle" junglers, you should not jungle if your team has a Warwick, a Udyr, a Trundle, etc. Anyways, here is a Mini-Guide to Jungle Fizz!!
- Buy Cloth Armor and 5 Health Potions to start off.
- Level up Seastone Trident and start with Blue Golem. Don't forget to use a Health Potion and use your Seastone Trident and especially Smite!!
- Level up Urchin Strike and head to Wolves, rotate and attack each wolf, but only use your Urchin Strike on the large wolf. Use a Health Potion on this.
- Continue to Wraiths and target the big one first. You can use a Health Potion on this.
- Level up Seastone Trident again and continue to The Red Lizard. Use a Health Potion and Smite on this.
- Continue to Duo Golems and recall after you kill them. Make sure to use a Health Potion on this, too!
- Level up Playful / Trickster and buy Boots of Speed and a few Sight Wards if you have extra gold. Now go gank!! And just HAVE FUN!!!
- Just continue with the build of your choosing! I max out Playful / Trickster for the slow and good distance, but you may level up anything you feel will work.
Tips and Tricks
- Harass Early! It will give you an advantage in lane.
will help you stay aware of any ganks coming towards your lane
- Using Urchin Strike and Playful / Trickster will help you dodge many abilites!
- Remember Urchin Strike can not dodge auto-target abilities, but can be used to dodge charged skill shots such as Trueshot Barrage or Finales Funkeln.
- Make sure to use Urchin Strike to initiate fights instead of Playful / Trickster
- Playful / Trickster should be used to dodge high damage abilites like Primordial Burst
- Make sure to gank as often as you can!
- Watch out for incoming skill-shots! You can dodge them, if you know they are coming, so use your instincts!
- Watch out for tower divers, you can easily out-due them, just use Urchin Strike and Playful / Trickster cleverly dodge their skills
- Tower diving is extremely dangerous! If you do Tower Dive, make sure you will get the kill and that you will survive!
- Playful / Trickster slows if you wait, and do not press it again! So you can be patient!
- A Death is never worth a Kill!
- Never, I mean NEVER, attack two full-health enemies if you are alone! It doesn't matter if you are God-like! You never know if their team is in the bushes
- If you have Playful / Trickster leveled up, you can clear minions ways quickly and push them
- HAVE FUN AND LAUGH!!!
I hope that this will help you play Fizz. I love this little guy and I will try to update this guide as often as possible. Please contact me if you have questions or simply want to play with me :) Please criticize my work, wow bet you've never heard that before. Well anyways, thank you for being a great and helpful community. And I have added a Hybrid build which I have been using and dominating with.
My In-Game Name is Briefcase Bunny, friend me if you see fit or you just wanna play. I will try to update and add more, please tell me if I need to add something! I am also going to be a little more thorough for the Hybrid Fizz when I have time to update again.
- 11/16/2011 - GUIDE UPLOADED!!!
- 11/19/2011 - Hybrid Build Added!
- 11/20/2011 - Name Changed to "Fizz Khalifa"
- 12/10/2011 - Jungling Section Added!
- 12/10/2011 - Tips and Tricks Added!
- 12/12/2011 - Added a Few Aesthetic Changes!
- INCOMING - Screenshots and More Builds Coming!!!!
- WOOT!!!! I LOVE YOU RIOT!!!! We all owe you thanks for this wonderful game you have given us, and my new favorite character, Fizz, the Tidal Trickster!
- I have to personally thank, my greatest pal, Tmaster099 for the idea for "Fizz Khalifa." Thank you bro.
- I must thank IceCreamy for the proofreading he has done!
- jhoijhoi needs to be credited for the template and for the banner!
- The links are here : Making a Guide by jhoijhoi and Her Signature Shop!