Sion Build Guide by Maximumezra
Lethal Tank Engine (Glorified Trashcan Guide)By Maximumezra | Updated on January 16, 2020
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: No Debt Til Death
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+1-10% CDR (lvls 1-18)
+8 Magic Resist
Ability Order Standard ability lvl up
Threats & Synergies
Champion Build Guide
- Bushes are your best friend, Bushes hide your Q charge up when hidden, use this to your advantage and get some fully charged Q's for Massive Damage.
- Use your E as an Engage to land a quick Q, if you are able
- Also Using your Q to help your ADC escape bad situations as it covers a large area and is not something anyone wants to get hit by.
- You can activate W while charging your Q, use your W either as follow up damage or as a finisher when an enemy is just out of range for an AUTO ATTACK or Q
- These Tips also apply to Mid Lane and to Ganking
- Youmuu's Ghostblade offers so much in terms of speed. In case you didn' know you still have access to your items when Sion is "Undead"/ Passive going off. Youmuu's allows you to quickly close in gaps as easier especially against champions with a lot of mobility, as well as the lethality helps getting all your damage to go through
- Edge of Night offers the passive ability to cancel out CC or high damage spells once every 40 seconds or so, this will allow you to charge your Q longer and easier without getting interrupted
- Other items such as Warmog's, Spirit Visage, Titanic Hydra are great valuable tank items that pair well with Sion and just make harder to kill. Other Items like the Situationals are listed if you need more speed, mr, armor, or need to counteract lifesteal
- The damage dealt with two lethality items grants you to half health squishies or take a large chunk at the very least and with your R you can almost instakill squishies if charged long enough.
- First Bone Plating is good but I find it more useful against someone with lingering effects or extremely short cool downs where they can spam their abilities frequently I find Conditioning to work the best because it helps with the minor runes which is CDR, ARMOR and MAGIC RESIST so it gives some slight tankiness early game so you can sustain more damage for longer as you scale.
- Grasp, Demolish, and Overgrowth will help with your scaling overall, Demolish helps you get early tower plating so you can stay ahead of your Opponent when they're away from lane and Grasp and Overgrowth will turn out a whole lot of extra health in the long run
- Tenacity helps with withstanding CC and allows you to stay active more as well as helps reduce the need for Mercury Treads unless the enemy team is High CC or High AP damage.
- Last Stand helps with dealing extra damage overall, it pairs well with Sion's Passive and helps stay determined to stay in fights longer to really pack your punch.
With Mid Sion especially you have a vast access to the map when you reach level 6 and get your R you have your lane and both rivers to watch over. If you have vision in your rivers and you see the enemy jungeler heading for a gank you can use that time to activate R and help your teammates by either isolating the JG or doing massive damage to the other laners. Your map traversal with your R is unprecedented and it gives you the power to help lanes that might be struggling or falling behind. Who needs TELEPORT when I have a one way ticket with MY FIST TO YOUR FACE