Trundle Build Guide by Fuillerat
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+9% attack speed and +10 ability power or +6 attack damage, adaptive
MY fav. BUILD
Threats to Trundle with this build
|Teemo||More details below.|
Introduction - Jungle and Supp build is coming
My name is Fuillerat. EUW.
Trundle is my favorite champ and Im going to show you how I build this troll, the best troll in game.
If you have some comment, feel free! Im open mainded!!
And ofc, SHARE AND LIKE :D :) :D
WHY, WHERE and WHEN
WHY I PLAY TRUNDLE??
He is a troll so its funny but... he is more than a troll, he is great, just read and check every skill.
- PASSIVE King's Tribute: When an enemy unit dies near Trundle, he heals for a percent of its maximum Health.
- Q Chomp: Trundle bites his opponent, dealing damage, briefly slowing and sapping some of their Attack Damage.
- W Frozen Domain: Trundle turns target location into his domain, gaining Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and increased healing from all sources while on it.
- E Pillar of Ice: Trundle creates an ice pillar at target location, becoming impassable terrain and slowing all nearby enemy units.
- R Subjugate: Trundle immediately steals a percent of his target's Health, Armor and Magic Resistance. Over the next 4 seconds the amount of Health, Armor, and Magic Resistance stolen is doubled.
WHEN and WHERE I PLAY THIS CHAMP??
Trundle is a champ you can play vs TANKY TOP or RANGE TOP LANERS cause of the sustain, the passive is the best for laning, and better during your W Frozen Domain
After lvl 6, if you trade properly you can take down any champ with your ultimate Subjugate
If you master the art of E Pillar of Ice with Trundle, your ganks will be awesome. Do you realize about you can CC Morgana shield if you do properly?
Of Course! you can max the E in the jungle if you wanna be ganking 24/7.
I play support mostly:
- If my ADC has some dash or escape.
- If my ADC feel safe with me, some people hate Trundle support.
- If the enemy team has not many assassins I cant stop.
In general, ask yourself.... Can I protect my adc in lane phase, mid game and late game?
OFC you get items to protect him but sometimes you are gonna miss some heavy CC like Thresh or Leona, or good healing/armor as Soraka, Janna, Lulu.
Pros / Cons
- You can fight 1 vs 1 any champ.
- Heavy sustain.
- Slows are your enemies. Kiting is your nightmare
(Kiting = kiting is attacking an enemy and running from them all at the same time)
This build is for tanky/off-tank Trundle, if you wanna play some very aggresive Trundle check my last build with aggresive runes and have fun yourself.
Laning as a top laner is easy. Two ways:
- Playing like a pro, taking advantage of your matchup, pressing, pushing and denying minions as much as possible. BE AWARE OF ENEMY GANKS, DONT PUSH TOO MUCH UNTIL YOU SEE THE ENEMY JUNGLER IN ANOTHER LANE.
- Playing like a smart coward, let your enemy push the lane, safe farming under tower. CALL YOUR JUNGLER FOR GANKS AND ENGAGE WITH E Pillar of Ice, TELL YOUR TEAMMATES WHEN YOUR ENEMY LANER DISAPPEAR.
EXPERIENCE IS VICTORY, please, stay in lane as much as possible to get experience. Experience is even more important than farm.
When you leave the lane you have to check that you are not losing many minion waves.
HOW I USE TELEPORT
I USE TELEPORT Teleport when I dont have time for walking because Im losing minions and minions are experience.
If I WANT TO GANK bot lane:
- After buying I go directly to the botlane and after the gank I use the teleport in TOP.
- If Im farming but all the enemy team are in the bot lane and they need a lot of help and you see clearly that you can get some kills. IF NOT, stay in TOP and PUSH LIKE HELL.
In the jungle, you have to farm, is very easy, even you dont need potions.
- 1st step: Do your jungle, check the enemy laners to see if they are pushing and gank the lane, even if you are lvl 2.
- 2nd step: If you are done in your jungle and no posible ganks, check and ward the enemy jungler (jungle, drake and Herald).
- 3rd step: If your laner is pushing too much, stay in the bush with your pink ward, wait for the enemy jungler and ask to your laner to bait them (Dont waste too much time if the gank is not possible) I CALL IT COUNTERGANK!!!
IMPORTANT AFTER GANKS, KILLS, WHATEVER, your mission is not only support your teammates with kills, you have to help them to control the waves, take down towers or take heralds/drakes.
For example: You gank top and both top players die, not you. Push minions to denye them. Be carefoul, if the enemy top laner have teleport up, be sure you have time to push the wave because you are harming your laner if you push too much the wave and the enemy laner can freeze the lane there.
I love to play support vs Blitzcrank, Thresh... melee champs. You can tank the enemy adc using your ULTIMATE on the enemy support, meanwhile, let your adc hit them without being caught.
If better if you are just farming until 6, your E Pillar of Ice is very useful but the cooldown is high, if your E is not available stop pushing, because your E is the only way to stop the enemy. REMEMBER: Chomp Trundle bites his opponent, dealing damage, briefly slowing and sapping some of their Attack Damage.
You have to master the art of being support with Trundle. You ALWAYS have to die before your adc. Be sure your E close the way back to the enemy and does not interfere with your jungler/mid whatever.
OFC: WARD PROPERLY, GET VISION, PAY ATTENTION TO THE MAP, EVEN FOR YOUR MID, JUNGLER AND TOP. WHY? BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT FARMING AND YOU ARE NOT DOING NOTHING SO YES.... DO SOMETHING!!!
MID-LATE GAME / TEAMFIGHTS
You are Trundle, and my trundle version is always for the same:
ALWAYS PUSHING, if you get fed, they need two or more to stop you , just push like crazy even if you die if your team is taking down some tower in another lane.
- Stay in the front lane.
- Catch the enemy.
- Protect your carry.
- Be carefoul if you use your W and you are running like crazy to kill the enemy team, maybe your team is slower than you and they have not time to support you on time.
- USE YOUR ULTIMATE IN THE ENEMY TANK if they are focusing you and you are gonna be inmortal. Meanwhile, use your Q, E and items to slow and killing them.
Flash + Teleport 90% games
Flash + Ignite 10% games
When you play Ignite? When they got a heavy healing champ you want to burst like Illaoi or Fiora if they manage to connect the ultimate correctly.
REMEMBER: Ignite is a targeted summoner spell that deals a moderate amount of true damage over 5 seconds and reduces healing on the target by 40% for the duration, revealing them for the duration.