Shyvana Build Guide by Roarex
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
So This is my Guide for Shyvana, right now its just for jungling but i will certinly add a section for solo top later on. I find Shyvana works really well in the jungle, her massive AOE allows her to clear very effectivly.
Its time For your Lanes to get Flamed for once!!
- Guide Created
- Added Intro
- Added pros/ cons
- Added Runes
- addded Glyph of Warding and "other posasble runes"
- Added Masteries
- Added Summoner Spells
- Added skill sequence
- Added Added Skill (tips and tricks)
- Added builds and item explanation
- Added Starting items
- Added Creeping / Jungling
- Added Summary
- UPDATED MASTERY'S
I will be adding more soon!
On To Do list
- My own video guide
- My own jungle route vid
- 2nd Item Build
- Solo Top Build
- General Improvements
Fast jungle to level 6
Good Ganks After level 6
Strong Mid/Late Game
Fits the Tanky DPS meta
SHES A FRICKEN DRAGON
Weak Early Game
Slow first clear
Meh Ganks untill level 6
No good Escapes (dragon form and her W are ok but not the best)
For runes I am still exparementing but for now grab these:
Greater Mark of Desolation3 Greater Marks of Desolation
- This is a great choice for late game, the more armor pen you have the easier you will melt through those Resilient champions mid/late game
6 Greater Marks of Alacrity
- With Shyvana's passive this will help you keep her W up longer and Her Q up more often, It will also help alot with her jungle speed and DPS late game as i dont build all that much attack speed
9 Greater Seals of Resilience
- Early and late game this is a life saver, it makes you a bit more resilient to the pounding you will get on your first run through the jungle and also make you a bit more durable later into the game
9 Greater Glyph of Alicrity
- Mostly the same reasons for the marks
Greater Quintessence of Desolation3 Greater Quints of Desolation
- Also the same reasons for the marks
Other options for runes would be:
9 Greater Glyph of Shielding
- This will vastly improve your ability to survive late game against those pesky AP carries
For Masteries Im Still exparamenting But right now im going 21/0/9 with what you see Bellow
- This build will give you the most damage and fastest clear to 6 from my experience, and remember to always grab improved smite! you never know when that 10 gold will save you an extra 10 seconds at fountain XD
- Others that I have heard of are:
*always taking improved smite
I will try these And post how they work
Smite is a must for Jungelers it will help you clear safer and faster at lower levels and late game it will allow you to secure Dragon, Baron, and Blue/Red buff for your team. NEVER JUNGLE WITH OUT THIS!!!!
Flash is a good all round spell, it can get you out of that sticky situation or can secure a kill for your team. Be aware when you use it because its cool down is quite lengthy, so make sure you can get that kill before flash.
A good "team" oriented spell that will allow you to secure a kill by slowing the enemy and letting your team catch up, it can also be used as an escape but i dont recommend it as it can only slow 1 enemy.
For skills I Go with this, it gives me a fast jungle with the W and a good burst with her Q, dont forget her E because the debuff will help you and your team allot!
Skills (tips and tricks)
- Shyvana's melee attacks enhance her abilities.
- Twin Bite - Reduces the cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
- Burnout - Extends the duration by 1 second to a maximum of 6 seconds.
- Flame Breath - Deals 20% of the ability's damage to debuffed targets.
- Dragon's Descent - Attacks generate 2 Fury and Shyvana passively gains Fury over time while in human form.
This passive is really cool, it modifies almost every single one of her abilities making them even more deadly, With enough attack speed her Twin bight cool down can be up almost instantly!
It also makes her one of the fastest jungles in the game by keeping her Burnout running almost through entire monster camps.
It also allows flame breath to be "useful" with out building any meaning full Ability Power and letting you shred through peoples armor with both AD and AP
For her Ult it encourages you to be more aggressive so you have your ult up for longer and have it up faster, so playing aggressive and constantly being in the fray of things will pay off with shorter cools downs on your ult and Q and having a longer lasting ult and W allowing you to do more DPS over all.
- Shyvana strikes twice on her next attack. Both attacks trigger On-Hit effects and Fury of
- the Dragonborn effects.
- Dragon Form: Twin Bite cleaves all units in front of Shyvana.
Twin Bite is one of her nukes, it dose MASSIVE amounts of damage and is great with trinity force and sheen as it can double proc (really useful when used properly). It also can do crazy AOE burst when in dragon form, almost like Orianas W.
This is also a really strong jungle tool, because while you are auto attacking those creeps your passive makes its cool down crazy short! so spam it as much as you can!
- Shyvana deals magic damage per second to nearby enemies and her Movement Speed is greatly increased for 3 seconds. Shyvana's Movement Speed bonus is reduced over time.
- Dragon Form: Burnout scorches the earth, continuing to damage enemies that stand on it.
This is what makes her such a fast jungler, being able to have aoe damage for almost the entire time your fighting a camp makes jungling a LOT faster. It also has a decent speed boost so you can use it to move across the maps or to get closer to an enemy for a gank. While your in dragon form it dose crazy amounts of AOE with its flame trail so make sure to pop it when you engage in team fights.
- Shyvana unleashes a fireball that deals magic damage and melts the target's Armor for 4 seconds.
- Dragon Form: Flame Breath engulfs all units in a cone in front of Shyvana.
This is an odd skill and almost dosent fit in her kit at first glance, but that passive makes it deadly and allows you to shred through enemy health bars with ad and ap damage along with the armor reduction that it gives.
This ability is also useful while laning because you can use it to last hit creeps from a distance.
- Active: Shyvana transforms into a dragon and takes flight to a target location. Enemies along her path take magic damage and are knocked toward her target location.
- Passive: Shyvana reinforces her scales, increasing her Armor and Magic Resist. Defensive bonuses are doubled in Dragon Form.
This Can be used as an engage but you should try to hold it of for when champs like poppy, nocturne or others try to target your squishes and you can sweep them away! Try not to use it to late in a fight because it increases your DPS 10 fold allowing you to do massive AOE damage. Remember that you can clear walls with this ability so it can be used to escape from bad situations, but remember you wont carry enemies over walls with you, they will stay on the other side.
The passive on it is great to, the armor and MR allows you to survive a lot longer in team fights and makes you naturally tanky
- I Get the Wiggles For The ward and the Life steal to sustain your jungle.
- Next I pick up merc treds to help me stay alive longer in fights and so i can get more DPS out in a fight (less time Stunned).
- Wits end gets me some well needed attack speed and survivability + the on hit effects are quite good for your over all DPS and synergies with your E.
- The Trinity Force Gives survivability, move speed, ext and is just a really good item for her as she benefits from all its stats except for mana :/
- The Warmogs it for the obviouse need to tank up a bit (you could also go with any other standard tank item or even a frozen mallet).
- Atmas is an obvious addition to this build because by now you should have any where from 3-4 thousand health and this will give you some armor and DPS, a good combo.
- Pick up a Gunblade Late game to replace your wiggles, it gives you some good life steal and spell vamp and adds to the hybridness of her
Normally I start with this because it is a safer jungle then the Vamp scepter but it dose put you back a few gold because you have to pick up a few health pots.
The Vamp Scepter Gives you a little bit more Dangerous jungle more prone to invasion, It also helps if you wait for a health pot at the fountain. Some advantages of this is that you are able to finish your wriggles faster because you dont have to waste money on health pots.[/columns]
Creeping / Jungling
May i Direct you to the great Stonewall008's jungle shyvana....
Other routes that I like include a Leash at blue, then clear to small golome's then B leaving red. buy vamp scepter and get red then proceed to gank.
* I WILL BE POSTING A VIDEO OF MY ROUTE
Basically Shyvana Is a great new Champion who i have enjoyed playing for the last while, she seems to be viable enough and has a fast jungle. I havent done bad in a game yet with this build and dont plan to in a while :D
Hope you enjoyed the guide and please upvote!
Feel free to leave any constructive criticism below
Also check out my other guides!!!!!!!!!!