Teemo Build Guide by SaxtonHale1
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello! I'm SaxtonHale1. This is my very first guide, and i thought, who better else to do my first guide on than Teemo? This Teemo guide will focus on a kind-of hybrid teemo, mainly focusing on AD over AP. S without further delay, lets get started shall we?
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC PROS
- Is a natural ganker
- Has wards that you dont have to pay for
- Can lasthit like nobody's business
- Great harass with his Q and E
- Escape Artist almost as great as Houndini himself
- Extremely squishy
- Easily focused
- If the last one surviving in the team fight, all you can do is RUN AWAY
- Not the BEST solo lane.
- Strict AD or AP builds don't suit him
For the first spell, I go with Cleanse. I choose this because it helps me get out of sticky situations. Cleanse is a very good summoner spell for champions who are squishy like Teemo, since it now clears off summoner spells like Exhaust and Ignite now. If they can't hold you down, you can make a clean getaway!
The second spell I choose is Ghost. This assissts me further with escaping hairy situations. It also helps me in catching up to the fight as well.
- Ignite: Poison+Ignite=Lasthit like a boss
- Exhaust: A good option for Teemo if nobody else is taking it. Slow 'em down to get some poison in their bloodstream
- Heal: This is looking more appealing since Flash got nerfed. It's a good ace up your sleeve for surviving longer
- Surge: I am in love with this spell. I often switch this out with Cleanse.
[Passive] camouflage This passive makes him dangerous if he decides to stand still in the brush. Be careful though. Sometimes staying cloaked isn't enough to help you escape, since there are CERTAIN CHAMPIONS' ULTIMATES that can cause you to die rather quickly *cough*Anivia*cough*. Irregardless, it increases his attack speed after he decloaks, so use this whenever the enemy overextends in their lane to dish out some fast justice, then run away when the notice you poking them in the chest
[Q] Blinding Dart This is one half of Teemo's harassment. This can also save his *** from AD champs dependent on auto-attacks such as Kog'Maw. Use this move mainly on AD carries in team fights to make sure they cant get their damage in without using their abilities.
[W] Move Quick This ability is why people complain about Teemo. He can run away using this. He can hunt you down using this. Basically, he can do ANYTHING with this move.
[E] Toxic Shot This is the other half to Teemo's harassment. Run up, tag the enemy a couple times with poison, then run back before he can do anything. It's pretty funny to watch people rage when you lasthit them with your poison. :D
[R] Noxious Trap This is what makes Teemo unique. He carries a max of 3 mushrooms in his inventory. He can place them anywhere on the map. The mushrooms have a little vision field around them, so it's best to set them up in areas to prevent ganks, prevent escapes, or even just to protect the lane. Just be wary when the enemy starts buying Oracle's. Because then your mushrooms will be revealed to them.
[*]For Marks, I like to go two different ways here. You can do Greater Mark of Attack Speed or greater mark of desolation, depending on what you prefer. I personally take greater mark of desolation, as it gives me greater damage throughout the game.
[*]For Seals, I go with Greater Seal of Evasion for an increased chance to survive encounters with enemy champions. Without a natural dodging ability, Teemo can only run away. While this normally works, sometimes you get caught. A little increased dodge ability always comes in handy.
[*] For Glyphs i take Greater Glyph of Attack Damage for a little added damage.
[*] For Quintessences i take Greater Quintessence of Health for some added base health. Survivability is everything with Teemo
For masteries, I go 21/0/9, taking mainly AD with some AP and CD in Offense, and getting Mana per level and Movement speed in Utility.
Explanation for *: If you want to, switch Vampirism out for Havoc if you like. I often switch them when I feel like doing more damage than having survivability.
Explanation: I take mana per level to make Teemo able to stay in the lane longer. However, if you prefer spending less time dead, plant the 3 into Good Hands
First off, get a Doran's Blade for a little bit of extra health and damage.
Boots: You can go two ways for boots. I normally get Mercury's Treads, but lately i've been using Berserker's Greaves to much success. if you do sacrifice the Treads, you could build a Cloak and Dagger later on in the game. Check "Viable Items" for more info
Core Build: Before you hit level 10-11, you will WANT to have your Blade, Boots, Malady and you should have bought a Recurve Bow for your Wit's End.
Mid-Late game: After you finish Wit's, build your Madred's Bloodrazor, and then your Frozen Mallet. IF you want to after your built your Mallet, sell your Doran's and build another item. See "Viable Items" for some other items you can buy.
- Banshee's Veil: This is a good item for survivability, with the added health, mana, and spell shield
- Cloak and Dagger: I only buy this when i pass on Mercury's Treads. It gives decent attack speed, crit chance, and Tenacity, whereas Mercury's would've given.
- Executioner's Calling: I personally don't use this item, but with some lifesteal, crit chance, and a decent passive, it's not one to overlook
- Guinsoo's Rageblade: I sometimes take this item over Wit's. The passive ability, along with a decent increase to Damage and AP makes it a worthy buy
- Hextech Gunblade: Not one I normally go for, but if you want to be a bruiser, buy this.
- Nashor's Tooth: I like this item. It gives good AS along with good CD reduction. If CD is your concern, pick this up over Wit's
- Phantom Dancer: Great for AS and Crit. Otherwise, the movement speed isnt really that useful, since Teemo has a natural speed increase
- The Black Cleaver: Another bruiser item for Teemo. Get this if you want to hurt the enemy
- The Bloodthirster: Personally, i skip this. Although the lifesteal is good for survivability, its not much more useful than that.
I hope you enjoyed this build! If you have any tips for me, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave a comment so I can better myself. I want criticism so I can learn and continue to contribute to the Mobafire community. Feel free to give me a thumbs up if this worked for you!
And as always, leave 'em blind ;)