Shyvana General Guide by SuperJoF
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, my name is SuperJoF and this is my first MOBAfire guide. You'll problably find some English mistakes, please excuse me. In this simple guide I'll show how good Shyvana can be if build correctly.
Pros / Cons
Excells at bursting damage
Kinda tanky even without itens
Very easy to farm minions
Very easy to jungle
Excells at moving around the map
Transforms into a Motherf***in Spit-firing beast!
Not a very easy character to dominate
Very focused in teamfights
Somehow weak in early game
Skill Sequence and How to combo
For skills, you want to max Twin Bite first. The extra damage of twin bite is really useful to get a quick first blood if the enemy is squishy or just did a mistake. At level 6, be sure to tell your lane partner what you pretend to do and plan an attack. Start the combo using Burnout in order to move closer to your enemies. Land a Flame Breath and follow up with Twin Bite. If your target is slowed or stunned, be sure to move in front of him and ult him back. Its also useful when you ulti the enemy closer to the tower.[/b]
On 1v1 Combats, try to avoid skillshots by juking your enemy and get closer to him with Burnout. Land a Flame Breath when possible and combo it with Twin Bite. The Sheen buffs will deal the work ;)
- -> Its not only because Phreak used it, but I think its a good choice. The Health Potions will keep you alive the whole laning phase without needing to back. Transform them into Berserker's Greaves
- -> This item will double your damage in early game, giving you some dominance over your enemies.
- -> This is my boot option because it gives Shyvana what she needs. Attack Speed.
My Suggested Core Items
- Trinity Force -> A must item in my opinion, having double damage on Twin Bites in really useful
- Stark's Fervor -> After completing your Trinity Force, this item will give you the lifesteal and the attack speed you are needing
- Black Cleaver -> At this point you have attack speed, lifesteal and the stats you are needing. Time to get damage and shred the enemy team
- Frozen Mallet -> Get more resistant! Get hp and help your team slowing the enemy
- Atma's Impaler -> Now that you have extra 700 Health Points from Frozen Mallet, I suggest to transform that HP in Attack Damage. 2% of 700 = 14 bonus attack damage.
Other Interesting Items
- Warmog's Armor -> If you want more Hp. get this instead of Frozen Mallet
- Sunfire Cape -> Building this will give you enough HP to combo with Atmas Impaler and will do a great combo with Burnout
- Banshee's Veil -> This item will give you extra magic resistance and some protection agains pokin spells like Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab or Karthus's Requiem
- Force of Nature -> Extra magic resistance and movement speed. The health regen is always useful while you are out of combat moving through the map.
- Phantom Dancer -> This item will give you movement speed, Crits and Attack speed, basically every extra stats your shyv needs.
Problably the most important part in League of Legends gameplay. Yes, I hate ppl who thinks who can carry and end doing sh*t with to the team!
Now let's talk about the Team Work with Shyvana for 5v5 situations.
The 5v5's situations can be split in 2 small topics.
The first 5v5 Situation : The Mash-up I call Mash-up because basically, both teams charge in aiming for an ace. In this one, you'll need to think twice. Let the party starts then focus on the MVP for their team, might be a Graves or an Akali.
[*] FOCUSING - means to drag that person Dragon's Descent away and take it down in 1V1 or interrupt their combo. Take it down then go back to the fight in healthy
The Second 5v5 Situation : The Jungle Fight I call Jungle Fight because it happens in the jungle (...). In this kinda fight, there's a wall splitting both teams.Their MVP is (if he's smart) on the other side of the wall. Ulti over the wall, kill him and get back to help your teammates
Farming with Shyvanna is really simple. In the early game, since you lvld up your Twin Bite, aim a minion with more or less 78 hp, its a certain farm. At lvl 2, Burnout will help you to dish damage to minions in an small area, your attack speed and Twin Bites will do the rest. At lvl 4 you can poke minions with Flame Breath. Use this to farm minions near your oponents. As you build up Sheen you'll have double damage on physical attacks, being easier to farm.
2 Useful Tips for farming underneath your turret.
Yes. The tower can be really annoying sometimes, killing your creeps and stuff.
Basically. The tower needs 3 hits on a melee minion to kill it. After the second hit the minion is with really low health. Get this minion with Twin Bite.
The tower needs 2 hits on a ranged minion to kill it. After the first hit. Land a basic attack and Twin Bite it to reset your attack timer. This should do it.
Thanks for tuning in my first guide. I'll appreciate some feedback telling me how to improve future guides!