Wukong Build Guide by illusive
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
UPDATEING. I'm still updating this guide. Please be patient. I'll be ready in the next 2-3 days. THE GUIDE IS NOT YET READY.
MARKS: Greater Mark of Desolationx6
x3 I choose armor penetration, cause we will be in the need of damage at the beginning of the game and Greater Mark of Desolation is perfect for the strong start this champion needs. I chose to add 3 attack runes, because of
. They stack very well with it and at the beginning they will help you to maintain the harass.
SEALS: x9 Armor is best for me, because it will prevent Wukong from being harassed(too much) and logically - will let you stay longer on the lane.
GLYPHS: x9 Magic resist, because most of the solo laners are Ability Power champions and it will help you to survive the harassed(Cassiopeia, Singed ...)
QUINTESSENCES: Greater Quintessence of Desolationx2 x1 2xArmor Pen for damage and 1 for attack speed. Reason?
Same as the marks.
15/15 is my choice. Several reasons for it.
- Great start. You can force your opponent to go back to base and persuade him to play defensively and lose exp and minions
- Early jungle ability. You could take the speed aura at lv. 4-5.
- Damage. You are a carry after all and the damage could help you in an early team fight.
I'm familiar with the choice of many - defensive masteries.I would rather trust the offensive ones more. You need survivability at The Summoner's Rift, but here on this little map, where you play 1 on 1 with a mage(mostly), you don't need to play defensively if you want to win.
- First item. Gives you large boost of HP and attack damage. More HP then the opponent + harassment ability will ensure you the line.
- Mobility, simply mobility. Nothing special I think. Boots are recommended for every hero(:D)
- You need this, cause of the mana it provides. You could harass your enemy non-stop and have an escape route all the time.(manna is a word, coming from Tibet. It is described in the Bible as "a fine, flake-like thing" and believe it or not it's not a sacred power, hidden in the human body. It's simply a food)
- The combo. 3rd, normal attack, 1st, that would be very painful for the enemy, cause of Sheen's passive.(You are also able to repeat the combo a lot, cause of the mana, provided by Sheen.)
and - Normally i take Zeal first, cause of the Movement Speed and the Critical Chance it provides me, but if they are really beating the hell out of me I would choose Phage.(first item after Sheen)
- Helps in escaping gangs and gives you some magic resist, protecting you from the caster of the enemy team(Most of the time, he will solo versus you).
- Very important item. It gives you 3 options of development and a fine damage boost.
or or or - Dependent on your enemy you pick whatever you need. I play normally with Infinity Edge and Bloodthirster, cause of the HUGE attack damage boost, but if they have 2 off tanks or though heroes, black clever is a "must have". The Last Whisper is choose only versus clear tanks like Rammus, Amumu an so on.
and If you reach so late game, to be able to buy this item, you must be in trouble. This two items are going to make you almost immortal, enabling you to join fights such as 1vs3, 1vs2 and surviving(Unless they are TOO fed).
- Starting skill. I personally focus on this skill most of the time. Great harass. Giving you attack speed after the encounter and very useful in the team fights.
- Your 2nd skill. Now you are able to harass with full power. That is your secondary skill. Useful versus turrets.
- Only once at level 3/4 depending on either you win/lose the lane. If you lose take it at level 3. It will ensure you a safe path after the harass. If you win take it at 4 in case they gang you.
- Most important skill for your team in the team fights. You must keep it available for every team fight. Sometimes you could use it for the dragon if you are in a hurry. Also useful if you need an escape path.
I think we are playing in times full of flashes. Almost every time i play I see 2/3 or 3/3 from the enemy team with this spell. It's incredible what is it capable of. Chasing, escaping, ganging, everything is easy with flash and the ultimate is in perfect harmony with the spell.
I used to play with ghost/flash, cause of the mobility for 5vs5, but in 3vs3 the map is smaller and the heroes are often slower. This is why i recommend exhaust. It will help you in the chase or escape almost as much as ghost, but the plus is the extra counterattack versus AD nukers a.ka Tryndamere, Jax, Noturne and else.
I don't think this one is for Wukong. It could always be taken by a nuker or so. You simply don't need it cause you can never deal as much damage as LeBlanck or Annie with 3 spells.
As i said i used it before, but it is pretty much useless here. I prefer it at 5vs5. The map is smaller and the enemies are often slower.
Everything else is useless by my opinion.
Early Game: You must start very aggressively.
- Always jumping and attacking(Beware of gangs though).
-Attack you enemy every time you get the chance and take the creep with your spells when he is playing defensively( This will make sure you are winning, cause you will feed either of kills or creeps).
- Visit the other lane.(If he is too pushed, you could bluff a gang)
- Don't allow him/her to creep.
Mid Game: The team fights time. Your ultimate and the damage you have are the most important here.
-Jumping with 3rd and ultimate. Then you use 2nd and after some time you could jump back with 3rd.(This will confuse them and they might lose a lot of skills on your illusion)
-Use second ONCE in the battle.(You must always have an escape path.)
-Use first as much as you can.
- Focus the ranged ad/ap carry or support.(You could easily reach him with 3rd)
- Don't leave your teammates alone.(Your role is a carry, so don't forget it)
- Use second to escape if you are focused.
Late Game: If you make it till here, you are either losing or you've just stopped to do so.
- Take dragon.(You must be able to nuke him)
- If you are loosing, try surviving long enough to buy Warmog armour
- If you win. Th Warmog armog allows you to take out their last turret, using your hero as a tank.
- Use ultimate as much as you can(The cooldown is shorter now)
I guess you've all watched the spotlike and learned the "s" trick.(You are clicking stop and making them think you just used 2nd). Don't start doing it from the beginning. Trust is build over experience. Use 2nd a few times when it is hot and later they will always leave you when they spot the stopping hero.
Pros / Cons
- Strong Harassment ability
- Long ranged jump
- Strong Ultimate
- Very short stealth.
- Focused often(When fed)
I shouldn't have added this, cause what i have to say is not very complex.
A few advices when creeping
- Use first for the big tank creep
- When there is a group of low hp creeps use the third spell
- If an enemy is near a creep, but out of you range, you could use third on the creep and hit him either
- If the enemy is playing passively don't give him a contact with the creeps.
Control the top jungle.
- When the enemy is pushed, go in the jungle and take the little creeps(if he follows you, hide in some bush)
- If you buy ward, buy vision one, so they cannot see your position around the dragon
- Take the auras
Middle Small Creeps camp (Golem/Lizard or Wariths packs) - 1:15
Top Small Creeps camp (Wolves) - 1:15
Top buff camp (Warith / Wolf buff) - 3:00
Lizard Buff - 4:00
Dragon Buff -5:00
You are DPS by a role, but you could always take some extra damage. The most important is your ultimate. Make sure you have it available for every team fight.
-You are taking the focus and your illusion works as a tank(possible to take our some of the spells your enemy has available)
-Every time, when there is a teamfight you must have an Ultimate. If you ult them at the right moment, they will be left in panic and attack your illusion
-Try surviving the fight. You are as much important in the chase as in the battle. The ability to chase, your hero owns is ideal for providing some extra assistance and winning yourself an additional kill
-Time your skills well and choose your enemies carefully. Focus the ranged heroes. You have easier access to them(3rd skill)
I'll continue adding information as i play.
I might've missed some of the builds, but i don't remember seeing good 3v3 build for Wukong. I was a little bit shocked cause this hero has a lot of potential in 3v3. Wukong has a great potential in 3v3 cause of his great harass and tanky character.
If you find something you think is wrong, please post it(I'm sure there is)
GL & HF Everyone