Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Alistar as support - 3 gold/10 items?

Creator: marwin89 November 25, 2011 12:08pm
marwin89
<Member>
marwin89's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 12:08pm | Report

I've got short question. I like follow more or less the PsiGuard's guide Alistar - The CC King, the first option, supportive one. I truly believe that if U replace Sheen/ Trinity with Kage's Lucky PickKage's/ Deathfire it will be:
1. Cheaper ( Trinity is over 4k, Deathfire about 2,8k)
2. More "supportive", becouse you'll have 3 5gold/10s items and you won't need to steal your's carry creeps
3. Better DMG from skills with more AP from Kage's Lucky PickKage's/ Deathfire than Sheen/ Trinity, and what's more important better healing
4. CDR and mreg from Deathfire (super-nice for a guy below 20lvl with no runes)
5. Great active from Deathfire that is great for initiations

U are losing though all of the good stuff from Trinity so the question is:
Is it worth to change in that build Sheen/ Trinity for Kage's Lucky PickKage's/ Deathfire?

It's my first post, so if there are any rules' violation please don't hesistate to get rid of it.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 1:56pm | Report
Why don't you reply to the guide itself?

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
marwin89
<Member>
marwin89's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:13pm | Report
I did, I just want to hear more opinions. Sry if bother.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 2:15pm | Report
No, not a bother at all, asking questions is allowed ^^ Just thought you had a specific question for that guide, but it seems not.

Since I have never played Alistar I can't help you any further though.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 5:43pm | Report
I'd say it might help. however, you'll have to deal with the fact that buying gp5 items does set you back in the short term, so you'll have an even tougher early game. end game, should help more. idk, i'd just say that the moving on past that will help more. imo, dfg is better than tri force, expecially for a supportism champ. and defs on alistar. i think he's got a great build, and i'd just go with that. there's my 2 cents. (although after his ult nerf, i don't play him anymore...)
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 6:30pm | Report
Sheen is really strong on Alistar because of his high base damage.

A better question for the guide would be why use magic pen marks over armor pen marks? A Trinity Force build implies you want to be doing lots of autoattacking.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 6:34pm | Report
wtf don't get sheen/trinity OR DFG get a philo, HoG, boots, Shurelyas, Abyssal, Randuins

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 6:47pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

A better question for the guide would be why use magic pen marks over armor pen marks? A Trinity Force build implies you want to be doing lots of autoattacking.

The mPen marks are designed to give you a stronger harass in laning phase. Alistar has significant base damage on his offensive abilities (especially if you max Headbutt first like I do) making him a pretty mean harasser in lane. You won't often be able to complete Trinity Force, except in long games. By late-game, armor pen runes would be far less effective, since arPen is most useful against targets with low armor.

Adonikam wrote:

wtf don't get sheen/trinity OR DFG get a philo, HoG, boots, Shurelyas, Abyssal, Randuins

I have most of those items in my build (except Abyssal). Trinity Force is a great late-game item if you are able to earn enough gold to pay for it. Most of the time you won't get past Aegis of the Legion, so it's not an early or mid-game issue. I explain in my guide that if you don't have the gold to pay for it, or if your team needs a lot more gold on wards and oracles, simply skip Trinity Force and go directly for the cheaper support items in the rest of the build.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:01pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

The mPen marks are designed to give you a stronger harass in laning phase. Alistar has significant base damage on his offensive abilities (especially if you max Headbutt first like I do) making him a pretty mean harasser in lane. You won't often be able to complete Trinity Force, except in long games. By late-game, armor pen runes would be far less effective, since arPen is most useful against targets with low armor.

I figured it had to do with early game. But why not add that to the guide? :o
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:08pm | Report
Perhaps I will :)
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide