Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 6:47pm | Report
Oh yay me next!

Many thanks to wRAthoFVuLK for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:14pm | Report
Bloofyre's Kayle Guide
Verdict: A very aesthetically pleasing guide that incorporates almost all of the attributes of a great guide. Certainly a different way of looking at Kayle beyond the "ult = support" mindset.
Possible Improvements: The author has clearly spent a lot of time making their guide look fantastic (utilising two guide formats, well done :P). I cannot suggest much to improve as the guide is very well done. Some videos of gameplay, some screenshots of success with the build/guide, some Kayle artwork for the hell of it. The only other thing I can suggest is looking around at the other Kayle guides and checking to see what they have which you don't, and then making those sections for your guide.

Constructive Criticism:

1) :/ Kayle is such a... I don't know the right word. She's just so bad early game, but if she's fed she rapes. It's really unfair for the Kayle player, and the people she is up against if she does get fed, lol.

2) Hmm, not sure that it's necessary to list the components of an item if there are only 2 (for Guinsoo's Rageblade and Rabadon's Deathcap). Fiendish Codex before Stinger is fine to display though.

3) Good Hands > Perseverance.

4) I don't know if I like the second ToC. Don't worry, I said the same thing to Jebus, and he just ignored me, so I'm sure you'll do the same. As per Jebus, I also don't like the Abbreviated Terms. That's just me being picky.

5) Love your Skill Explanation section. I did see an enemy Kayle recently who just *knew* who to ult. It ruined us every single teamfight when their Udyr/Ashe didn't die :(

6) What about Exhaust?

7) Woo for invisible space :P

8) What would you say to Magic Penetration or Armour Penetration runes on Kayle?

9) zomg, love the way you did the Mastery tree floats. Totally am going to steal that, haha. However, my opinion still stands. Good Hands > Perseverance. Unless you're Garen. :/ I wouldn't say that Kayle should always get Blue. She's hybrid, not full AP. That Blue is better on Malz mid, or your Amumu jungle.

10) In your "Core Item Build Sequence" section, I think it needs some colour/definition for each point. So "common starting items" would be in bold, and yellow or whatever. Then "Are you top 1 etc" also in colour so it stands out.

11) Coding error: This trip get a Kage's Lucky Pick and finish off those mercury treads The AP from the KLP

12) Again with definition - "Defensive", "Support", "Offensive" - make these stand out.

13) D: No Banshee's Veil?

14) I'd recommend turning on comment-to-vote.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:16pm | Report
@Bloo, I'm so sorry I couldn't criticise more. Your guide was just fine. If only it was full of errors and bad coding - I would have been all over it with an up-turned nose.

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:48pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Bloofyre's Kayle Guide
Verdict: A very aesthetically pleasing guide that incorporates almost all of the attributes of a great guide. Certainly a different way of looking at Kayle beyond the "ult = support" mindset.
Possible Improvements: The author has clearly spent a lot of time making their guide look fantastic (utilising two guide formats, well done :P). I cannot suggest much to improve as the guide is very well done. Some videos of gameplay, some screenshots of success with the build/guide, some Kayle artwork for the hell of it. The only other thing I can suggest is looking around at the other Kayle guides and checking to see what they have which you don't, and then making those sections for your guide.

Thank you very much =)

Quoted:
2) Hmm, not sure that it's necessary to list the components of an item if there are only 2 (for Guinsoo's Rageblade and Rabadon's Deathcap). Fiendish Codex before Stinger is fine to display though.

Then what would you think about leaving it in the item sequence section if I did take it out?

Quoted:
3) Good Hands > Perseverance.

I was actually doing a bit of experimenting with that when I was writing it, and I tend to agree... Especially since Perseverance does basically nothing since 4% is such a tiny number.
Will probably change this, thanks for bringing it up.

Quoted:
4) I don't know if I like the second ToC. Don't worry, I said the same thing to Jebus, and he just ignored me, so I'm sure you'll do the same. As per Jebus, I also don't like the Abbreviated Terms. That's just me being picky.

I don't think I like it either because right when you scroll down you see both of them, but I do like it for the sub sections and being able to quickly go back exactly to that area... Who knows. I think I'll have to wait a bit and let it settle and see how I like it.

Quoted:
5) Love your Skill Explanation section. I did see an enemy Kayle recently who just *knew* who to ult. It ruined us every single teamfight when their Udyr/Ashe didn't die :(

Thank you very much!

Quoted:
6) What about Exhaust?

Hmm, I've never really thought about exhaust, but obviously since you've brought it up, there are people who would like to know how it works. I personally don't find it useful on Kayle. You have a 25% slow that lasts 4 seconds that is on a 4.8 second CD with max CDR. Could you take it, yes. I'd probably choose to run it over flash if I did, but that's just me.

Quoted:
7) Woo for invisible space :P

Yes! <3

Quoted:
8) What would you say to Magic Penetration or Armour Penetration runes on Kayle?

Her early game is already ****, and flat armor pen or magic pen is pretty negligible (other guides have them, I've used them on her, but it doesn't make too much of a difference) especially since she has an amazing passive we can abuse with the help of runes.

Quoted:
9) zomg, love the way you did the Mastery tree floats. Totally am going to steal that, haha. However, my opinion still stands. Good Hands > Perseverance. Unless you're Garen. :/ I wouldn't say that Kayle should always get Blue. She's hybrid, not full AP. That Blue is better on Malz mid, or your Amumu jungle.

Thank you! Yeah, I think that 4% is pretty lackluster on 2nd thought. Also, you don't want to steal blue from who needs it, but you should be getting blue earlier than they would need it. If you have someone like an amumu, obviously he gets priority, but you do want it to help the CDR before you start getting your elixirs.

Quoted:
10) In your "Core Item Build Sequence" section, I think it needs some colour/definition for each point. So "common starting items" would be in bold, and yellow or whatever. Then "Are you top 1 etc" also in colour so it stands out.

Ahh yes, I'm not gonna lie, I did get pretty lazy there, I will definitely have all that stuff done though. Thanks for the suggestion on bolding or colorizing the item paths, that actually really helps I couldn't figure out how I wanted that to go, and that sounds like a great solution.

Quoted:
11) Coding error: This trip get a Kage's Lucky Pick and finish off those mercury treads The AP from the KLP

Ouch... heh, I see that now too. Thanks for pointing it out

Quoted:
12) Again with definition - "Defensive", "Support", "Offensive" - make these stand out.

Not 100% sure I'm understanding clearly what it is you're trying to say... Could you explain that a bit better?

Quoted:
13) D: No Banshee's Veil?

I could slide that into the Situational stuff. I find that it gets you focused though and they'll pop it with like... ashes volley or some lame **** like that.

Quoted:
14) I'd recommend turning on comment-to-vote.

Good idea, Thank you very much

You and this thread will definitely be thanked in the special thanks section.
Also, have a +rep

You're the best

Many thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for my epic sig
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:50pm | Report
About that rep... you're gonna have to wait a few hours cause I repped you late last night... heh.
It will be done though

Thanks again, all that was a big help

Many thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for my epic sig
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:52pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

o.O Yes there was. Like... Heaps of text. o.O

Like explanations of everything, but no colour or coding or formatting o.O

I hope he didn't remove it all just because I said it lacked pleasing aesthetics o.O

LOL DAMN D:

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:57pm | Report
only two more XD

The most in depth guide to Twitch around.

Props to wRAthoFVuLK for the beastly sig and putting up with my request XD
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:57pm | Report
@Bloo, if there is anything else in particular you want me to look at, I'll be happy to. But as I said, there just wasn't anything wrong with your guide that I could see o.O Also when I said, "Again with definition - "Defensive", "Support", "Offensive" - make these stand out" I meant, "Make sure these headings stand out - define them on the page with colour/centred text". But yeah, I'll go an +1 it :3

lol Ninja, sorry for keeping you waiting, lol. I'm going to go play a game of LoL soon. Was gonna start it while my housemate was in the shower to spite him for playing a game without me, but I think that may be a little mean, as I already said, "Be gone and shower."

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:58pm | Report
I'll have to look at Bloo's guide, never played Kayle though :(

Edit: OK, so I breezed through the guide, and what I see is good. Good formating, good explanations and descriptions. What I (personally) feel it lacks is some personal touch. Add some of your scores with your build, or putting in some tips that people who are new to the champion might appreciate.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to JEFFY40HANDS for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 8:04pm | Report
THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME, ANGEL.

GUYS.

IMPORTANT D:

If I haven't voted on your guide, please remind me to do so! I thought I had already +1'd Angel's Nidalee guide, but somehow I didn't.

SO.

REMIND ME TO VOTE!

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide