Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 8:08pm | Report
I reminded you? Wasn't my intention but thanks :D

Also off-topic: jhoijhoi, would you mind looking over what I added on thread about what makes a good guide? I feel like my words need some polishing or there might have been something I overlooked.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 8:08pm | Report
Thank you BlackAngel!

Also, if you could both vote on my guide, that would be awesome.

Many thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for my epic sig
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 8:18pm | Report
Done and done ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 6:15am | Report
@Bloofyre
Sixsonatas' build template is just redundant with the chapter function. Matt made the chapter function with Sonatas' template in mind, so most of that template is now redundant.
Remove the headings in the chapters, the:

...and the entire table of contents.

Most of your masteries are fine, but Expanded Mind is ****. It's +5% BASE mana. That's 12.75+2 per level.
Get Intelligence instead. It's just overall awesome.

Your runes look good. I'd use AP/lvl glyphs only because they break even as early as level 5, but flat AP works to some extent too. AS marks are very good on Kayle too. You should add them as an alternative.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 9:17pm | Report
Rudmed's Twisted Fate Guide
Verdict: A good Attack Speed/Attack Damage Twisted Fate Guide. Edit: Since update the aesthetics have changed, and the guide is easier to read.
Possible Improvements: Screenshots of the guide/build working, some images... not much needs improving, as this guide is pretty much complete and very good for what the author is trying to achieve. Edit: Screenshots of scores is a great addition. Author still needs to work on formatting. Centring icons to maximise aesthetic potential. Also, there might be too much colour in the Skills Section. The only other thing I can think of is that the author has too many sections that are extremely short, so the guide appears longer than it is (not always a good thing for people who can't handle long guides). Good work ^^ +1

Constructive Criticism:

1) Your item build has no survivability.

2) Here you go:

3) What about centering your item icons?

4) Coding error: "trouble with stuns and such go Mercury Tread."

5) Build Changes should may be organised a little bit more. Check out my own "Build Changes" section. It's concise and to the point lawl.

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 9:26pm | Report
Response:

1) Yes I am thinking Tri-force ought to be enough, except with the outreagous amount of CC I am coming up against recently I'm now thinking a BV would be a better choice.

2) How the heck did you do that, and thanks. *Still in awe*

3) I might try that, because that would work better, I think.

4) Yeah I've been ignoring that, time to go fix it.

5) What is organization? :)

I'll work on some of the other sections, and thank you for your hard work (And going above and beyond with that screenshot).
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 9:40pm | Report
wait what did she do? compile a list of scores you gave her? o_O

and lol that game where I was blitz was months ago...I remember that xD

I fed you all/85% of your kills :D

I haven't played with ayman and the crew for months... :(

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 9:59pm | Report
NinjaGinge's Extensive Twitch Guide
Verdict: An INCREDIBLY long and detailed Twitch guide that covers ALL aspects of Twitch gameplay. There is not a single thing a reader will be able to think about asking because all questions are answered. A fantastically detailed guide.
Possible Improvements: The author has tried to put *too much* information into the guide. It is almost too long to read in one sitting - and there's not even an Abilities section! o.O It's just far too long, readers will just continue to flock to the top rated guide because it is in less depth (comparatively) than the author's. The guide also needs some serious formatting and a touch up in colour to make it on par with newer guides. I suggest reading through the walls of text and looking for paragraphs that can be summarised and displaying in another way. Respond in thread for +1.

Constructive Criticism:

1) You should get a level of Venom Cask in the early levels, like level 3. Especially if you're ganking - the slow is incredible.

2) Not sure about Seals of Evasion.

3) With your Purchase Order: No need to list all potions/elixirs. I'm thinking of removing the elixirs from my build. The potions in the beginning are really unnecessary :P

4) I'd move the "Updates" section to the bottom, just because your guide is so huge.

5) Capitalise "Twitch"

6) You have too many short sections that just take up space. "A message to other Twitch players" and "One more thing to keep in mind" can be merged into "Why I'm Writing this" and it'll save space.

7) Move "My old Twitch" to the end of the guide.

8) Good Pros/Cons and Runes section. No alternative rune set?

9) You could put an image of the mastery selection in your Masteries section ^^ Optional though, not necessary :)

10) List the Summoner Spells in order of viability. And by preference.

So, Flash + Ignite should be at the top, followed by Exhaust. Then under a new heading, something like, "Other Viable Choices" list the ones you'd take if you didn't take Flash, Ignite or Exhaust. Then if you really want to keep the other summoner descriptions, make another heading of "Less viable Choices".

11) Think about centring your large icons for aesthetic reasons :)

12) Your "Items I Usually do Not Use" section shouldn't be in your guide... In your guide only list the items that you'd ever get on Twitch. So don't list Wit's End or Sword of the Divine, Atma's Impaler or any of the other ones. I'd also suggest reorganising your items sections.

Sections:

1) Ideal Items
2) Situational Damage Items
3) Situational Survivability Items
4) Hybrid Twitch

13) Not sure where "Know your threats" should go, but it probably shouldn't be there.

14) With your Lane Partners section, you should consider using columns to lessen the space used.

15) "How I use the Build" should not include bad scores, lol, even though it's pretty even (27/20/17 and 12/12/13) - it's up to you to keep them though, coz they are cool. With regards to the section itself... I don't think it's necessary.

16) "HOW I play Twitch (Early Game With Ally)" - Each coloured text should be a new paragraph/new line with a fresh enter space before it. In terms of organisation... I think you should have a section each of each type of game play.

So:

1) Twitch: Solo Mid
2) Twitch: Solo Top
3) Twitch: Duo Bot
4) General Twitch Mid Game
5) End Game Twitch

You also have to really consider whether all that information is necessary. Is it repetitive in any parts? Than kind of thing. THIS IS A GREAT TWITCH RESOURCE!

17) You know ShadowsFiji totally plagarised Bible of LoL, right?

18) Your section "Proof of a few things" shouldn't be in this guide. If you like, you can put it in my General Guide, but that's up to you. Basically your guide is incredibly long as it is, and this section is taking up too much space.

Here I'll go through another run through to see what I missed the first time, just coz your guide is so long, so I probably have missed a lot ^^

1) Your guide needs some more colour. Also, lol, your "Cons" is longer than your Pros. I don't know if that's a good thing :P

2) With links to other guides etc, make them attractive. Like this:
Code:
[url=inseeeeeeeertAddressUrlHere]Hi! Click Here For Awesome![/url]

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 10:05pm | Report
@Rudmed: As I said in LoLChat, post back here for me to review again when you make more changes ^^

@Wrath: lol yeah, to be fair, I didn't know how to use Paint once upon a time too :3

@DeadlyTricks: The reason why I haven't reviewed your Eve guide is the same reason I haven't reviewed RedFeather's Eve Guide.

Eve is getting a rework soon, and I'd rather not review a guide that could change drastically in the next few weeks due to the rework. Once the rework comes, and you've edited your guide, simply PM me or post back here, and I'll GLADLY go over your guide :)

@everyone else: I've been busy with my new General Guide, I'd appreciate it if any/all of you can give me some more ideas of stuff to put in it :)

1 more guide to review, and I'm done and caught up, whoooooo.

♡ sig by me ♡
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 10:24pm | Report
nice! gl hf :D

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide