Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 10:15pm | Report
Ahh I see, that always helps
I was just surprised at the amount you had backed up but you really rip through em quick...
looks like you'll be done with that entire list by tomorrow at the speed you're going.

Many thanks to Jhoijhoi for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 10:22pm | Report
Hargis2010's Xin Zhao Jungle Guide
Verdict: It's not often that I will immediately +1 a guide. This should be your resource for jungle Xin Zhao. It's interesting, and entertaining.
Possible Improvements: But that doesn't mean it's perfect. Needs some colour, some coding and formatting. The author needs to run the guide through a spell and grammar check to pick up on capitalisation errors. However, the author clearly knows what he's talking about, and the guide certainly reflects that.

Here's an example of another very good general Xin guide that you may like to have a look at: Tinolas' Xin Zhao Guide

Constructive Criticism:

1) That's a pretty late Infinity Edge... In total you will have 55% chance to critical strike, which I guess isn't bad, but wouldn't Black Cleaver be a better choice?

2) You need to be careful with your capitalisation. "I" as opposed to "i", "Xin" as opposed to "xin". You want to come off as professional - as if you've spent a lot of time on your guide.

3) You might like to center your video: (center)video(/center) - replace round brackets with square. (->[ It's also a really old video... could you perhaps make your own?

4) You should explain your runes. Why these runes?

5) Havoc is no longer "base damage", but now overall damage.

6) Great Items section. You just need to work on punctuation and capitalisation.

7) lol the music is great ^^ Also, very good video. You even used Smite appropriately.

8) lol that Ashe custom game haha :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 10:27pm | Report
Update: Rudmed (some of you may have seen him around ^^) may be dropping in every now and again to provide his opinions, so watch out for his comments too. Like Searz he'll probably just point out my mistakes, and possibly give a few tips and pointers as he sees fit.

chosmochou wrote:

Hi there! If you wouldn't mind, could you please take a look at my Rumble guide?
I am trying to polish it up to make it easier to read and I could use some outside opinions as to what would help it deliver the information better.
The link is http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/a-comprehensive-guide-to-rumble-the-mechanized-menace-96616 !
Thank you! ^_^

Bloofyre wrote:

Guide For (champion): Kayle
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Get constructive criticism about what is good and what I need to work on. (an extra set of eyes) Also, you'd be my first comment on my first guide, so i'd be stoked
What I'd like you to focus on: nothing in particular, just the good, bad and the ugly, all from a readers standpoint, as well as a fellow guide creator
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/early-game-kayle-wins-98140

Guide For: Evelynn
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: My guide has been mostly unnoticed and I'd like some criticism and an opinion or two about it
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything you think may be incorrect or poorly explained
Guide Link: Linky

Rudmed wrote:

Guide for: Twisted Fate
Why I'd like to see this reviewed: Re-evaluation of new changes, and some unexpected ones.
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything.
Twisted Fate Build
I told ya I'd be back with improvements.

NinjaGinge wrote:

Guide for: TWITCH
Why I'd Like it Reviewed: Because I feel that it's by far the most extensive Twitch guide and that almost every dv is probably from people looking at initial items at the top and skill sequence.
What I'd like you to focus on: The actual content? lol
Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-rat-reevaluated-extensive-pvp-twitch-86431

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Suggestions & honest criticism. ^^
What I'd like you to focus on: Total of guide ^^
Sion guide.

@Bloo: Yup, it helps that most of the guides I'm reviewing aren't hard to criticise. I'm going to go shopping now before the stores close, so... I'll be back to review your guide soon, I know you're waiting, and I totally am not delaying your guide for the lulz. Promise :)

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 10:47pm | Report
I know you arent... I was pretty deep in that list, and I knew you werent gonna get to it tonight (I said you'd probably be done with this batch sometime tomorrow)

Just here for the small talk.

Many thanks to Jhoijhoi for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 11:12pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

1) That's a pretty late Infinity Edge... In total you will have 55% chance to critical strike, which I guess isn't bad, but wouldn't Black Cleaver be a better choice?

Black Cleaver+Ghostblade OR durability item is a better choice than IE+PD imo. I'm pretty sure it's better in terms of damage.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 11:14pm | Report
Bloofyre wrote:

I know you arent... I was pretty deep in that list, and I knew you werent gonna get to it tonight (I said you'd probably be done with this batch sometime tomorrow)

Just here for the small talk.

am I doin it right?
Thanks goes to JEFFY40HANDS for a gorgeous Karma sig
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 11:27pm | Report
@BlackAngel: Just a thought, but I play nid too. I'd go ahead and throw BV as a core item otherwise you really have no survabillity (Though she has alot already). It has saved my life multiple times, and more mana to cast OP spears, and heals. Just a thought, and I like the multiple bushwacka locations.

@KoH_phresh: Jhoijhoi covered alot of things there are just a few things I would like to point out.

1. You do not need frozen mallet, and Ryali's, while it seems like a good idea, Akali is already one of the best pursuer's in the game due to Shadow Dance. Your Q is spammable, and has a decent range. Unless you are out of Shadow Dance stacks no one ought to get away from you. I beleive you are limiting her damage by getting the frozen mallet. Maybe a rageblade instead perhaps?

2. Situational item section: Will always make a guide better, so if you encounter a heavy ap team perhaps grab an abysall scepter. etc.

Edit: Lol jhoijhoi I'll leave that to searz I'm just gonna be a 3rd or 4th pair of eyes on some champs that I am familair with.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 12:11am | Report
And Rudmed makes his début. Totally was going to comment on the excessive slow with Frozen Mallet and rylai's crystal sceptre but figured KoH would learn that himself ^^

Bloo: I am going to make dinner, then do a guide, then eat dinner and watch Torchwood, then do your guide ^^ (a game of LoL may be in the process somewhere). I will have your guide done by tonight :)

Nija: Your guide. Is huge. o.O I think it's longer than mine. I might not get to it until tomorrow, but my review will probably be long so hopefully that'll make up for it.

Searz: Just noticed my math was wrong. Didn't count the critical strike chance given by masteries =.= But totally agree. Seems odd to be getting Infinity Edge that late, and especially over Black Cleaver for Xin :3

♡ sig by me ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 12:11am | Report
Rylai is great on Akali. CORE imo.

Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 12:22am | Report
Searz wrote:

Rylai is great on Akali. CORE imo.

No that wasn't it. That is what he should keep, but the problem was Frozen + Ryali's.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide