Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
KoH_pHresh
<Member>
KoH_pHresh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 2:34am | Report
Quoted:
^Oh Koh just a thought I'd go ahead, and grab Flash instead of ignite. Because as I said before you are already a great pursuer, so I don't think you will really need ignite. So you can take flash, and just perform some incredible jukes.

I never tried Flash on her, but I've seen most Akali players using it lol

Tbh, although it is good, I personally don't get Flash and get Ignite instead despite the awesome jukes i can create mainly because I wanted to give Akali a more offensive build, whereas Flash could be used as a escape mech, and getting Ignite over Flash suits my play-style :P

But anyways I will try Flash on her and see what awesome tricks i can perform XD
If it's good, then I'll setup another SS set on my guide
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 3:31am | Report
DirtyScumbag's Leona Guide
Verdict: A quick and easy guide to read about the first female tank in LoL.
Possible Improvements: Needs colour, coding and formatting. Some sections are in the wrong place relative to the flow of the guide. The author has clearly spent some time and thought out most sections, so their guide is very good compared to other new guide makers :)

Note: I haven't played Leona, and I don't know much about her, so I won't be much help in terms of items/abilities etc.

Constructive Criticism:

1) Marks of Resilience are bad. Very bad. Also, quints should probably be of Fortitude as Leona is a tank.

2) Skilling order:

Quoted:
Complication: Unless it's necessary (like if you're explaining a difficult mechanic or trick), you need to keep the guide as simple as possible so as many people will understand it as possible.

Standard QWQEQR (to level 6) skilling order with R>1>2>3 for the rest of the skills. In short, max one skill first, then another, then another, getting ult when possible.

3) Warmog's is never good for a first item. Buy your resistances first.

4) Dodge chance is awful.

5) Good Hands > Perseverance.

6) Awareness > Expanded Mind

7) Coding:

jhoijhoi wrote:
Code:
[icon=xin zhao size=55]

Yields:

8) Explains your runes, or don't have a runes section at all. Looks lazy saying "Well, self-explanatory".

9) Be careful with your grammar and spelling. "I" not "i" etc

10) Promote does not exist anymore. Generally you shouldn't list Summoner Spells you wouldn't take.

11) Get rid of your Masteries section, or extrapolate upon it. If nothing else, combine Runes, Summoner Spells and Masteries into one section so you don't have one sentence chapters.

12) You should explain what each skill does.

13) Pros/Cons should be up the top.

14) Farming can be combined with Laning/Teamwork

15) Every new sentence on a new line should have a new break. Instead of clumping all your text like that.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 3:36am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

1) Marks of Resilience are bad. Very bad. Also, quints should probably be of Fortitude as Leona is a tank.

Nooooo, they're actually pretty decent, but very subpar on anyone who needs to deal damage. ArP would be the way to go on Leona.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Chesswinner
<Member>
Chesswinner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:10am | Report

My guide for: Gangplank, the Saltwater Scourge

Why I'd like you to review it: Some criticism, to know was six hours making of it worthful, FEEDBACK. =D

*sigh* ._.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 8:01am | Report
Chesswinner, I recommend spending more time learning about the game before making guides. Read general game guides like the ones on Reign of Gaming and my rune guide for example.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 8:15am | Report
Guide For (champion): Xin Zhao

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I've played him for an extremely long time and I think I've found the "right way" to play him. I haven't gone negative since I've adopted this build. I believe the guide is pretty good, but I would like to know what someone else thinks, and if there are any logical flaws.

What I'd like you to focus on: Structure and order, and especially the item build section. Suggestions on other items would be nice as well :D. I'm slightly confused on this, since my explanation on my item build is ridiculously long, and I might be repeating myself sometimes. I'm also afraid my walls of texts may be too big, so help to shorten them somehow would be great.

Guide Link: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Xin_Zhao_Guide.docx
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 8:56am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

@Chesswinner: With regards to your Gangplank Guide. I stopped looking at it when I saw 2x Avarice Blades.

Gold/5 no longer stack.

Please make sure the rest of your guide doesn't have any more erroneous material/information in it :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 10:59am | Report
and also he gets an Atma's but no HP besides a measly 250 from TriForce... :(
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Lakapooty
<Member>
Lakapooty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:50pm | Report
Sorry to be a nussience but can you review my guide again? I changed A LOT of things since last time you viewed it. The like is right here: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-tankish-lifestealing-aproach-to-xin-zhao-100550
Also how do I put "Xin Zhao" instead of that link and it would still take you to my guide? I've seen that a lot and it looks way better. Thanks for helping!!!
Thanks to AlexanPT , WRAthoFVuLK, and me for the ROCKIN' sigs!!!
FiniteParadox
<Member>
FiniteParadox's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Guide for: Cassiopeia
Why I'd like this to be improved: Flaws, criticism, general things needed to be improved upon.
What I'd like you to focus on: Well, anything and nothing. Don't want you to focus on anything specific and have more of a broad review to give me the best idea of what is needed to make it better.
Guide Link: Cassiopeia

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide