Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Offtank Nocturne

Creator: PsiGuard August 29, 2011 1:29pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 8:38pm | Report
for PsiGuard

1. Click Quote on the glitch post

2. find the comment id in the url and copy the number

3. Find a normal post of yours and click edit

4. Replace the comment id in the Post-Editor's url

5. Press Enter

6. The post editor should be editing your glitched post now. Remove the [item= ] code to fix the post.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 8:43pm | Report
Lol, you couldn't have said that in a PM? Thanks Jun (how the heck did you figure that out?).
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 4:30pm | Report
I like Jun's build, but I do like Atma's for Noc ^^

I'd actually swap the Randuin's for Atma's in most cases on Nocturne (You want damage and crit strikes, and because of his ultimate survival isn't needed to reach your target. Blowing it up ASAP is a bit more desirable.)

My "ideal end game Noc" gear would be...

Trinity Force, Atma's, Banshee's, Infinity edge, (Blood Thirster, GA, or Warmogg's, depending on game.)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 5:06pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

After I've completed Ghostblade, I focus entirely on defense items. Late game, I switch to a final Bloodthirster for offensive because I've found you really NEED the extra sustain and AD late game.
Because Nocturne is an assassin, he has good base-damage on his abilities that allow him to roll the early and mid game without much damage items. However, enemies who fall to you eventually smarten up build armor (often Thornmail) to counter you and your carry. At which point, you need to build offense to take advantage of their less glass-cannon builds, and re-secure your dominance.

Also note: Wriggles + Bloodthirster = 33% base life steal
33% life steal > Thornmail's 30% damage return.

Lol, most of that is fail.

Thornmail returns 30% of damage before armor. Life steal is a % of damage dealt (after armor) so your actual life steal will be like 10%. Thornmail's damage is reduced by your MR tho and will probably be like 15-12% (depending on MR), so you'll still take more damage than you heal for.
Also, BT on an offtank? No thanks...

I'll go as far as to say that both Wit's End and Atma are better choices. And who cares if Atma will get nerfed? It's like when people were saying that you should stop using Flash because it was getting removed/nerfed.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 6:44pm | Report
@Searz:

I was generalizing. Having the life steal is still better then not having it.

And Bloodthirster is a very good item on Nocturne. He scales with AD, and you spend most of your time auto-attacking.
He's not like real bruisers who are made to build tanky dps. He's a squishy dps.

And Wit's End isn't a better choice. It's an equally good choice depending on match-ups.

As for atma's, I feel Nocturne's stronger if you focus more on the DPS in a Tanky DPS build.
2 tank items are really all you need, you want more AD for damage on Umbra Blades, Duskbringer, and Paranoia.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 11:54pm | Report
I know how to build tanky DPS Nocturne, that's one of the more common builds. I made my guide for OFFTANK Nocturne, which is a situational build to add more bulk to your team. It's worked quite well for me in the past. The reason for my question on Wit's is I wanted to get away with more DPS without sacrificing much survivability. In theory, replacing BV with wit's seemed like a good way to do that. As I said earlier, I have some experimenting to do.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 12:59am | Report
BT is still fail on an offtank because of it's passive.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 1:01am | Report
Searz wrote:

BT is still fail on an offtank because of it's passive.

You lost me. You mean the fact that you have to farm it up? How is that hard as a jungler? Nocturne clears creep waves in like 2 seconds by midgame as well.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 1:04am | Report
I mean that for someone who's going into the thick of it in fights to choose an item that loses bonuses on death is not a good idea.
Someone with a good amount of range or ability to save themselves would be better off.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2011 1:07am | Report
Meh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's easier to stack than warmog's, and that's pretty common on offtanks. I just don't like BT very much because it's a pure offensive item which I really don't have a slot for, unless I sell Wriggle's late game.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide