Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Screenshots in Guides"

Creator: Xaioli May 29, 2011 3:17am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 3:37pm | Report
I'm a little confused. Fail at quoting?
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 3:49pm | Report
Searz, I think he's talking to Wrath since Wrath used that quote of mine a few times. Wasn't 100% sure so I responded as sensibly as I could.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 4:50pm | Report
I was asking Doc and Wrath. Doc was the one who said the quote, Wrath is the one that apparently loves his quote.

If matchmaking does not consider my elo and just gives me anyone that matches people around my raw wins, I will legitimately quit. ELO is a right someone earns. The mindset is this. The higher you get, the better the players, the more competent the players will be. The longer you stay low, the less skilled players will be and most of them will be 'newbs' or 'scrubs'. Let's say I have 900 wins, 700 losses. That's a lot of games eh? Well let's take another person that plays a lot more than I do. Let's give them 900 wins and 1000 losses. Looking at it, my elo is clearly higher. However, do you think we'll equally be on the same skill level? My elo is clearly higher while the other person is 100 losses under. No, I earned my right to have more competent players, not just to be matched with people that has the same raw amount of wins, without taking consideration in their elo :P.

^The above clearly talks about Normals since that's the only thing everyone here seems to play :P. In ranked, Wins and losses decide your hard tangible elo. It will jump up and down easily, etc etc. It'll match someone with 74 Wins, 70 losses with someone that has 2 wins and 1 loss. hehe.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 6:09pm | Report

@Nomad, that's a really bad example. You don't have to have gay sex to know it feels good because by definition an ****** feels good and you definitely still have an ****** if you're gay.

Maybe that is a better quote for what I am trying to express.

WHAT I was trying to express by quoting that quote is a response to you all saying I don't know what I am talking about -- Elo is a statistic, and with statistics come margins of error (in this case reallllly large margins caused by the outside factors previously mentioned). I am talking about it on a mathematical, theoretical level. I don't have to experience it directly to know what I am talking about when it comes to numbers.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 6:21pm | Report
All I got from that was that Wrath's gay 0.0

Anyway, I'm not talking about Elo when I say you have no experience I'm talking about feeders/leavers etc. How do YOU know what they are like when you don't have the experience. You made it out to sound like every game you are held back by idiots and there are never idiots on the other team.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 10:26pm | Report
^Adonikam speaks truth.

Mathematically, you better be able to add and subtract. Theoretically, you can't say **** about ranked. Do you even have 10 games under your belt? How can you say that ranked is usually full of feeders and 'bad players'? I'll say it again. There is no such thing as a bad player. There's a player that's outplayed. In that case, you help and carry. If you can't carry, you probably deserve to lose elo/stay in that elo range. If you can, keep climbing. No one feeds on purpose. Well, 'trolls' do, and I'm sure they do it for a good reason.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 12:43am | Report
Xaioli, on topic, I posted my latest Ranked stats in my guide. Do you think people should post the overall champion statistics too? (you know, where it shows the win ratio?)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 1:07am | Report
If the author feels the need to, go ahead. That's a little more indepth and more than I'm asking for. Although champion stats prove the results overall, the elo for screenshots/replay is the least an author cna do imo.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 1:31am | Report
Adonikam wrote:

All I got from that was that Wrath's gay 0.0

Anyway, I'm not talking about Elo when I say you have no experience I'm talking about feeders/leavers etc. How do YOU know what they are like when you don't have the experience. You made it out to sound like every game you are held back by idiots and there are never idiots on the other team.

In lower Elo, both teams have the same chances to get an idiot/leaver/feeder...
10. The Blitz on your team will never land his grabs, but the one on the other team will.
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 3:10am | Report
Xaioli, what are you talking about? Theory is the aspect that isn't based on the reality on the ground. Perhaps people like Wrath or myself can't speak PRACTICALLY about ranked games, but we can't definitely speak about them on a theoretical level.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide