Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Screenshots in Guides"

Creator: Xaioli May 29, 2011 3:17am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 11:36am | Report
I'd still recommend 500 wins to the average player before ranked.

The simple champion knowledge you'll gain is worth it.
foggy12
<Member>
foggy12's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 12:21pm | Report
i find i get more noobs in 1550 elo ranked than in normal games.

LoL eu summoner name : smidge
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 12:58pm | Report
Hey I'm back, don't think I left ;)

first off,

Slizer002 wrote:

Heres looking forward to season 2 - then ELO might finally be worth something because EVERYONE will start with equal chances to get high :3

(crossing fingers for not meeting HSGG, Gmanbob, Chauster, Bigfatjiji etc. against me in my first matches of season 2) xD

Lol yea, I agree xD

@Searz and Adon:

Stop acting like I'm crying because I'm stuck at a ****ty Elo rating. I'm speaking about Elo on a theoretical level. If you can't come up with anything better than "low Elo means you suck, period." then just move along to another discussion. I have yet to see any argument that refutes my point that "Elo is a rating for one person in a team game". Give me one good reason that it's okay and I'll listen to you. Just stop with your blind flaming though.

=why I think I can speak on this topic.

and @Adon, I quoted this for you already, I am not ignoring you <3 you should just read it instead of passing it by because you think it means nothing since I posted it :)

@Doc

חכה, אתה ישראלי ויהודי?

אני הצ 'כית, 100% יהודים :)

אגב, אני משתמש המתרגם מאז אין לי מקלדת עברית, לא יודע הרבה עברית ... כל כך ... : S

also, Frozen Synapse looks really awesome, I want that game, Scrax was telling me how awesome it is too, and check this out if you haven't:

really good video that I think just sold me :)

And I love how you can only buy 2 keys for $20.

They claim one is "free" but in essence they just want more player base :)

So, I think I got my friend interested in it, we may just split the price and pay $10 each :)

Or I'll just get it and give him a code :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 1:08pm | Report
I dont care if my win/lose or my ELO is there or not. I take the screenshot and post it without changes.

I have 230-270 wins and loses and my ELO is 1030. There are lots of factors that can make you win or lose, so it's not a shame or something to be proud of if you have more wins or defeats.
DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 1:19pm | Report
Hahaha Wrath. The translator really screwed it up.

On Frozen Synapse, if you need someone to give the key to, I'd love you forever. I can't afford it at the moment and am thusly only using a pirated copy to check out the single player. If you can spare the free copy key on me I'd love to try the multiplayer with you. :)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 1:22pm | Report

Well.

I had a feeling it would, those are always bad.

I only know a little Hebrew, not enough to get me a new keyboard D:

and, sorry, I would, but I already have a deal with my friend IRL... :(

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 1:27pm | Report

Searz, I think you're missing a word. :P

Oh ****. Fixed.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 2:48pm | Report
@Bryun: lol, thanks. I think I need to cut some of the stuff out though. Some people think it's too long. However, I might wait until (spoiler)can't read this!(/spoiler)s are brought in ^^

@Doc: Oh haha. I thought I recognised your name. I hope my comment helped, and I'm glad to see you've changed a bit of your guide because of it :)

More offtopicness:

I'm 1435 Elo, wooooo! Moving on up, I'm moving on up, gottah break free, nothin' can stop me, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 3:03pm | Report
Wrath, since you really love this quote from Doc, let me ask the man himself then.

QUOTED FROM WRATHOFVULK
@Searz and Adon:

Stop acting like I'm crying because I'm stuck at a ****ty Elo rating. I'm speaking about Elo on a theoretical level. If you can't come up with anything better than "low Elo means you suck, period." then just move along to another discussion.
How would you like to judge a player's skill level? Elo is well, elo. What other fair way would there be to judge a player's skill? Would you say that a 200 elo player should be playing against a 2000 elo player? I think not.

I have yet to see any argument that refutes my point that "Elo is a rating for one person in a team game". Give me one good reason that it's okay and I'll listen to you. Just stop with your blind flaming though.
In a team game, yes. However, 1 person is a summoner in this game. 5 summoners make a team. If you can't carry your own weight in this team, your team will truly fail. Same goes with 4 others. If you can carry your own weight + others, you truly deserve to earn elo. Again, if you can't carry your own weight, you deserve to lose elo. If you carry your own weight but others can't, and you can't carry theirs, perhaps you are in your true elo range.

=why I think I can speak on this topic.
They are talking about you talking like you know about ranked games. You clearly don't play ranked, yet you talk like you know all about ranked games and it's population. Trust me, ranked is A LOT different than normal if you get to 1350+.

DocSmoothJew
<Member>
DocSmoothJew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 3:09pm | Report
So, wait, Xaioli, are you asking me or Wrath? :P

I see your point, but at the same time what does it matter? I mean, if you can't be sure of how accurate someone's Elo is then why not just wing it. They might be good/useful and they might be a complete noob pain in the ***. What's wrong with it being like normal but maybe it matches you up based on how many raw wins you have just as a simple measure of how experienced you are.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide