Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

When do the off-base items become viable choices?

Creator: Legendarsreign December 17, 2011 2:28pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2011 2:17am | Report
Cloak and Dagger is almost entirely useless because Mercs+PD > Zerks+C&D. If I were to ever use it, it would probably be on Gangplank if I had Ionian Boots of Lucidity.

Haunting Guise is okay on a few select champions. Vladimir synergizes with the health and AP. LeBlanc can take advantage of the cheap, fast AP and mPen. Kennen and Fiddlesticks often stack flat pen, so you might see them use it in some circumstances. In general it's just not as cost effective as, say, a Doran's Ring. Vladimir and Kennen don't use mana though, so they have an excuse :P

Moonflair Spellblade is pretty terrible for an AP item. Since most casters build Void Staff and sell Sorcerer's Shoes for Mercury's Treads, I don't expect to see much of this item. Maybe it would be all right on someone with Ionian Boots of Lucidity as a core item, but then you could just build merc's and get the CDR elsewhere. Worst of the tenacity items if you ask me.

Tiamat gets a lot of different levels of criticism. Some think it's garbage, while others think it's good, but underused. Personally I can't imagine a situation where I'd need this item unless I was Shen with Sunfire Aegis and Thornmail and my job was to fend off a giant wave of minions headed for our nexus.

More seriously, it might have some potential with on-hit abilities like Siphoning Strike, Mystic Shot and Parrrley simply because SS does massive damage when farmed and the other two turn into AoE pokes. I'm still not tempted to use this item at all, but it could work in theory.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2011 10:32am | Report
They are off base items because the suck a giant donkey **** :)
Legendarsreign
<Member>
Legendarsreign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2011 10:52am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

They are off base items because the suck a giant donkey **** :)

I think that's what PsiGuard was trying to say in a nutshell...

although i think Tiamat has more potential... namely when fighting 5v5 in a team fight with people like Master Yi
Interested in dominating with Shyvana? Check out this guide!

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2011 12:01pm | Report
Tiamat might be the worst item in the game. :P
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2011 5:14pm | Report
Tiamat

One day those stars will align and when they do you will probably still wish you had a different item instead.

This is the stuff that YouTube is made for not dependable play. When you invest in an item you want to have a predictable outcome if your enemys are bunched up like bowling pins you'd probably win the game by any other natural means provided you have any aoe spell on your team.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide