Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do pro guides get recommendations?

Creator: Dante Rebellion August 1, 2011 6:52am
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 6:03pm | Report
You guys do realise that some of the rec'd vet guides today were "community members" before they became vets, right?

Like myself, Trojan and Wrath. The three of us had our main guides rec'd before we became vets, and I'm sure that many other vets have the same history.

What you're suggesting is that once someone becomes a vet, they should be stripped of all prior recommendations, AND never be featured in the top ten because we have a green name.

That's awfully sad of you all.

If there is a top recommended guide of a vet's that doesn't deserve to be at the top, recommended or at such a high percentage, please tell me now, and I will bring up the issue in the vet/mod forums.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 6:09pm | Report
I'm not saying that. I discounted all three of you off that list that I mentioned. There's still a fair amount of vet guides that were recc'd before you became vets.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 8:21pm | Report
Yea, I don't rec guides that don't deserve a rec, if it deserves a rec and I come across it, no matter what color name, I rec it.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 12:00am | Report
No jhoi, you are over-reacting. I am not blaming you, it's a habit that I have noticed, I am not saying that you should remove the recommendations you gained previously, before you became a vet. I am saying that this habit of getting a recommendation for a recommendation in quite silly.

I think your guide does deserve a recommendation Jhoi, especially since you pretty much changed everything since it was created due to all the criticism you received, and it has become just so much better.

I hope you guys arn't misunderstanding me, I am not aiming this at the new veterans.. I am actually aiming this at the old veterans, who seem to not even be online as frequent anymore, I don't think I have seen Diesel in a while, not to mention many other veterans.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 12:42am | Report
Vets recommending vets doesn't too bad for me. But the fanboy mentality around the pro guides, especially since most are builds and not guides, I find disturbing. I love playing Nidalee, so of course I have read both Xaiolis and hotshotGGs. Hotshots is a good guide, but Xialois is excellent. It's wonderful and really teaching the readers what he knows.

I'm not even sure why SV gets any upvotes at all? As soon as anyone posts a question about his lack of description the person is bashed down by either SV or fanboys... :/
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 1:38am | Report
and then he makes fun of MOBAFire for users being upset that he doesn't explain T_T

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 2:17am | Report
kk, the comments just seemed to be targeting Wrath and me, that's all. I'm glad we aren't the people you guys are thinking about ^^

Though that does pose the question as to who you think is doing those things.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 5:19am | Report
Dante, ALL the vet recommendations have been because the GUIDE was good. If you see a case where Vets abuse their "powers"; just report it, because I don't think any of us would do that.

TL;DR: REPORTING SOLVES EVERYTHING! /thread (seriously, that topic is DONE now..)
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 7:27am | Report
Ok, but seriously Mobafire needs to have a section just for veterans where they can just Rec each others guides or whatever and leave the recommendation section for the other members.

I do not like using the report feature because quite frankly i do not like/want to be in bad terms with any of the veterans or anyone in general.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 7:43am | Report
Dante: I'll try to be as unbiased as possible, but most of the veterans have guides that are high quality and were probably contributing factors to their becoming a veteran. If you look at the list of recommended guides, you'll notice that most of them are from normal users, and the vet guides that are recommended really deserve it.

Again, if anyone disagrees with this, PLEASE report it and we'll take a look.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide