Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's ranked journey of teh luls (oce)

Creator: jhoijhoi July 31, 2012 10:52pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2014 8:06pm | Report
Yeah op.gg's MMR calculation is horrible.

Nameless, you're mostly duo'ing with Nick who's gold 4, so team mates are a mix between your MMR and his, and your team mates' ranks are what op.gg uses to guess your MMR. Your MMR is most likely silver 2 at most. Having played on a lot of smurfs this season, I can confidently say that if your MMR currently were gold, you'd be gaining 30+ LP per game and you'd probably skip your promo series all together.

It's hard to take a proper guess at what your MMR is as you haven't solo queued in ages, it's all with Nick and Duff, but your last solo queue game (I think, at least I don't recognize any of your team mates), was this.

There's not a single gold in that game. Your MMR's most definitely gone up since then as it was 16 games ago, but I highly doubt you went from silver 3 at best MMR to gold 5 MMR while not moving up a single division.

I'm not trying to show you up or anything by the way, I just hate people in general taking op.gg's MMR calculator seriously. It's reaaaaally ****ing bad at calculating MMR people, just stop using it. >:l
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2014 8:14pm | Report
Probably wasn't my last solo queue game to be honest, but I have no idea. For some reason op.gg also randomly leaves games out in their match history on occasion. It's still, probably, closer to an accurate assessment than lolking gives though, given than lolking just gives you a predetermined number based on your tier/division and league point count. It's obviously an assessment of the MMR of the games you are playing in rather than your actual MMR though. For obvious reasons I opt not to solo queue most of the time, I don't really play carries (as you can likely tell) and I really struggle to enjoy playing with a bunch of whiny idiots who make stupid choices the few times they actually let me play what I want (which is surprisingly not often, even though I want to play support).

EDIT: Duff's smurf was unranked during the three games he and I have ever played and there was at least one gold player in all three of them. Everyone else was mid-high Silver except he and I. That still suggests my MMR is likely higher than the average person in Silver IV, even if it's not actually 1500-something. Unless you just think everyone I've played with has an MMR of like 1800+ despite being either unranked or in low gold. Since the average MMR of Silver IV is apparently 1080 or something they'd have to have an MMR of higher than that for it to average out to 1500 even with the fact that the MMR of the enemy team is higher (and our teammates' MMRs are lower :P) since we're duo queuing. :P
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2014 2:36pm | Report
Well you've played a lot of games since then, the vast majority of them duo'ing with Nick, so like I said, your MMR's probably gone up since then, I just doubt it's gone up as far as gold. And Lolking at least don't pretend that your LKS is an approximation of your MMR. Your LKS is just what your tier and ranking would be in Elo terms. For example, gold 5 0 LP being 1500, diamond 5 0 LP being 2200, etc. LKS isn't meant to be related to MMR, although you will usually find that it's quite near to your actual MMR unless you have either very low MMR or very high MMR.

Again, I don't think your MMR is silver 4. It's just not quite gold 5 either, and the only reason op.gg thinks that is because your duo queue games have been introducing golds into your games. If you play one or two solo queue games, without duo queueing, you'll see that the overwhelming majority of players are silver, if not all of them. That's what I was trying to say.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 3:06pm | Report
J
H
O
I

S4: Game 63

J
H
O
I
VICTORY
BANS:

What I Know
War's not going to be with me bot lane, so gottah play like this Caitlyn is bad.

What I Want to Know
Huh, haven't seen a Sivir in a while... is she a reasonable pick? Seems like her spell shield isn't particularly useful against this comp.

What I Learnt
Janna's ult can still ruin teamfights. I shot Orianna to safety at one point :/
Yorick did surprisingly well.
Lee Sin was a derp - do not rely on jungler engages if previous evidence has indicated that fights will get the whole team killed.

J
H
O
I

S4: Game 64

J
H
O
I
VICTORY
BANS:

What I Know
What is this?? D: My Janna has been banned? What sort of shenanigans are being planned... Oh... Galio.

What I Want to Know
So many champs I haven't been up against in a long time, like Galio, Panth and Soraka.
We're a no sustain lane against a sustain lane... will we be able to out poke them? Hmm...

What I Learnt
Soraka's heal is very valuable. While we tried to poke Soraka down, she just seemed to have so much regen/she just stayed out of range. Meant she didn't get many stacks on that Spell Thief.
I'm gonna call mid ADC Lucian as a terrible pick.
We won this game by the skin of our teeth. Caught GP in his jungle and by then he had a 76 second respawn time, so just bullrushed mid towers.
Mejai's. It's so painful having 6 assists and no deaths, buying a Mejai's and then dying 3 times in a row.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 3:41pm | Report

jhoijhoi's ranked journey of teh luls

Welcome to my thread of ranked games!

I have always wanted to be highly ranked. I was new to the game in Season One, so didn't try ranked at all. In Season Two, I was Silver. Season Three and Four saw me in Gold. This season, I'm aiming to get to Plat! I won't update this post with my current elo, as the screenshots should supplement my thread well enough. Future updates will be via posts, and not in this thread body, so if you want to come along for the ride of teh luls, don't forget to check back every now and then :3

SEASON FIVE

season four

season three

season two

Champion Picks for Season 5

ADC

SUPPORT

APC

Bruiser

Jungler

season four

SEASON THREE

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 3:49pm | Report
Y ur posts so pretty ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 3:58pm | Report
Isn't coding stuff like, her job around here? :p
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 11:14pm | Report

Always ban supports.

Jovana: I try. I only just noticed the flaws in the coding - will fix later.
Jayce: Eeeeeeeh, I wish!

♡ sig by me ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 12:17am | Report

J
H
O
I
J
H
O
I
S4: Game 65
J
H
O
I
VICTORY
BANS:

What I Know
Janna will help disengage from Irelia later in the game. But again, no sustain bot lane.

What I Want to Know
Why did Riven DC? By the time she came back, Irelia had taken top tower, and was free farming.
Does Vayne beat Caitlyn?

What I Learnt
Bauss Vayne. Whenever I landed Whirlwind, Vayne was there following up. All I had to do was follow and shield. Great synergy, I thought.
I prompted War to play Veigar against the Lux. It was a good decision. Forced her to take Barrier and not Ignite or TP.
I like tanky Janna, but I really needed an earlier Chalice of Harmony or some sort of mana regen.
Qualified for series :D

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 3:49am | Report
Vayne shouldn't win vs Cait, specially not with a Nami.

I'm not too sure if you actually forced the lux onto anything, barrier is just a super safe choice tbh.

If you do like tanky janna you could always just skip the queens claim, then again I actually really do like it on Janna.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide