Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lord Kesharq trip down 3v3 and 5v5 lane...

Creator: Lord Kesharq May 17, 2013 7:28am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:08pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

6 Deaths compared how much your team "rolled over" was a bit too much in my opinion, I think most of the deaths came in laning phase ?

Umm the items.. Feel Locket of the Iron Solari delays things a bit, but it's really good for lower tiers at any stage. Also Shurelya's Battlesong is good item, It's just maybe me, but I don't find Zekes Herald vailable. The wraith active item (forgot name again) is good for ~2nd - 4th item, not so early as you lack in lane then :/

Errr a mix really, i seem to die though out most games weather it be early or late game, i normally die more late game to be fair as i get focused by who or what ever =/.

Hmmm Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's Battlesong i do have in my item set its just i dont like them as they have active passives which need to be activated, am more a fan of the passive ones which you dont have to activate like Zekes Herald, which i normally get for boosting my teams ADC. Tho i can see why some people would not like it.

Also with the Twin Shadows i dont build it till late game...i go for an early Kage's Lucky Pick for the extra gold then build the TS later on.
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:14pm | Report

Well, it's not too high for Bronze IV, but he is right. If you want to get ranked higher, try cutting down on your deaths. Aim for zero deaths, every game. That will rarely happen, but as a rule of thumb, every death you have is a mistake you made, in some way (unless maybe you're the initiator for your team and are just supposed to dive in and facetank everything, but Zyra doesn't do that).

I know I'm not the guy you're asking, but I've got an example: Locket of the Iron Solari.

The Locket is seriously one of the best items in the game. It's usually built by the support or jungler, but by looking at the victory screens in this thread, I can see nobody really appreciates it at Bronze level. It's a great item for either role. It's relatively cheap, makes you more durable, makes your team more durable, gives you cooldown reduction, and has an active that wins teamfights just by pushing a button.

It's a defensive support item, and it's almost always one of the first things I build whether I'm jungler or support. Never underestimate its power. Even if you don't complete it immediately, an early Emblem of Valor can completely turn a ****py lane phase around.

Lol yeah i know 0 death per a game would be lovely but achieving that is nearly impossible...will try harder to keep my deaths down for sure.

As i said in my last comment i do have Locket of the Iron Solari in my item set up i just dont like items with active passives...i will however add this item into my builds more and try and get used to using it.

Cheers for the advice ^^ am not going to turn away from people offering me good advice on how to improve my game ^^ (tho dying will be a hard one! )
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

Foolamancer
<Member>
Foolamancer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:14pm | Report
Hmmm Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's Battlesong i do have in my item set its just i dont like them as they have active passives which need to be activated, am more a fan of the passive ones which you dont have to activate like Zekes Herald, which i normally get for boosting my teams ADC. Tho i can see why some people would not like it.

The thing is that, while Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's Battlesong do both have to be activated, both of their active effects are incredibly powerful. Locket of the Iron Solari essentially reads "press button, win teamfight". It's that powerful. And its passive boosts are great as well.

Zeke's Herald, on the other hand, is only really powerful for teams with a lot of people who are autoattack-dependent. If you have Teemo top and Aatrox jungle, sure, yeah, great item. Otherwise, you're paying all that gold just to give a slight boost to one team member. Buying Locket of the Iron Solari helps everyone on your team.

Never, ever underestimate the power of active effects. The reason they're active is that they're too powerful to have permanently.
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:21pm | Report
1jamie50 wrote:

Basically agree with what was said above. I normally start by taking Philo (which I know most people don't do anymore, but I like it right away still) then go into Sightstone/Locket depending on the order I feel I need them in depending on the match. I've found myself usually buying Locket first and wards myself as of late. Then I go Shurelya's.

That's USUALLY as far as I get, it sometimes goes long enough and I usually buy Frozen Heart if no one on my team has it, especially if I'm Taric.

Just depends. I'd have to agree that I don't find Zeke's to be that good unless you have a comp that can very heavily use the lifesteal but even still, I can't re-call ever building it. It's just not as good anymore.

Twin Shadows, I feel is an item for more mid-late game, it's not going to be too helpful early and it's passive will be mostly a waste in lane.

I'm Bronze ;)

*looks at Caitlyn*

Yeah... Ok.

Welcome back to my blog 1jamie50 ^^

yeah i can understand that and by the sounds of it when u play support ur games are really short lol.

Twin Shadows is my late game item, i normally go for Kage's Lucky Pick as my 3rd item and then later on build it into TS.

Btw that last part of ur comment, u no like troll Caitlyn build lol?.
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 4:29pm | Report

The thing is that, while Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's Battlesong do both have to be activated, both of their active effects are incredibly powerful. Locket of the Iron Solari essentially reads "press button, win teamfight". It's that powerful. And its passive boosts are great as well.

Zeke's Herald, on the other hand, is only really powerful for teams with a lot of people who are autoattack-dependent. If you have Teemo top and Aatrox jungle, sure, yeah, great item. Otherwise, you're paying all that gold just to give a slight boost to one team member. Buying Locket of the Iron Solari helps everyone on your team.

Never, ever underestimate the power of active effects. The reason they're active is that they're too powerful to have permanently.

Well Foolamancer i believe am sold on those two items then, i will defo try them out in my next few support games. It will just be a case of getting the hang of using them and timing them right (bit of practice needed i guess)

Tho one thing, which two items should i swap out for Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's Battlesong ? am guessing Zeke's Herald for Locket of the Iron Solari but what for the Shurelya's Battlesong?
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

Foolamancer
<Member>
Foolamancer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 6:23pm | Report
Well Foolamancer i believe am sold on those two items then, i will defo try them out in my next few support games. It will just be a case of getting the hang of using them and timing them right (bit of practice needed i guess)

Tho one thing, which two items should i swap out for Locket of the Iron Solari and Shurelya's Battlesong ? am guessing Zeke's Herald for Locket of the Iron Solari but what for the Shurelya's Battlesong?

A'ight, brief introduction to the way I play support here. While I usually jungle in ranked, as it's pretty hard to carry from the support role, I started out as a support main and still enjoy the role hugely.

First of all, I haven't seen a mention of what runes you're using. In case it needs to be restated (not trying to insult you if you already know this, just covering all the bases), you should, in 99% of cases, be using GP10 quints, magic penetration reds, armor yellows, and magic resist blues (scaling or not on that one is largely a matter of personal preference).

From there, you should also, in 99% of cases, start the game with a Rejuvenation Bead or Faerie Charm (one of the two, not both, a Vision Ward, two Sight Wards, and two Health Potions. This start and that rune setup will work in pretty much every situation with any support or lane combination. Sometimes you'll make minor adjustments depending on lane matchups, but this is very flexible and covers all your early game needs in some way.

With GP10 quints and Masteries, you will have passively generated enough gold to afford Sightstone before 9:00. In case you haven't heard yet (again, just covering the bases), Sightstone is actually worth more gold per second than Philosopher's Stone, and you should pretty much always get it first. That should be your ideal first buy. After that, Philosopher's Stone.

Once you have the two of them - or, if you get a couple favorable engages in lane and get some extra spending money, even before you complete Philosopher's Stone - you should pick up an Emblem of Valor. The Emblem gives both yourself and your AD carry better sustain in lane, and the armor makes your trades much better.

From there, your early game is generally finished up by picking up Boots, upgrading to Ruby Sightstone, and finishing Locket of the Iron Solari. Ideally, you want to have the Locket ready as you're going into the mid-game, since it's so powerful in group fights. The more teammates you have around you, the better the Locket is. If you have an early Locket - or even Aegis of the Legion - and their team doesn't, dragon control is practically guaranteed, since your team can simply wipe the floor with them if they attempt to contest.

Bottom line: 99% of the time, Ruby Sightstone and Locket of the Iron Solari are your absolute core items as support. If your team's jungler or tank wants to build Locket instead, great - go for Kage's Lucky Pick instead and pick up some extra gold. Most of the time, though, they won't, and you'll have to pick it up.

From there, you'll want to upgrade to tier two boots and possibly pick up a Kage's Lucky Pick if you've got gold to spare. Keep in mind that the Pick is a luxury, not a necessity. While the bonus gold is nice, it's not a core item like Philosopher's Stone as your goal is to provide utility rather than damage.

Your next decision, and probably the final item in your build, is between Shurelya's Battlesong, Mikael's Blessing, Twin Shadows, and Shard of True Ice. This is all a matter of what your team currently needs. Take Mikael's Blessing if vital teammates are getting CC locked, Shurelya's Battlesong if your team lacks engagement capability, Shard of True Ice for the same reason, and Twin Shadows basically if you don't want any of the rest.

You won't always get this many items completed, and that's fine. Just get as much as you can, and always keep in mind what your team needs.
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2013 2:24pm | Report

A'ight, brief introduction to the way I play support here. While I usually jungle in ranked, as it's pretty hard to carry from the support role, I started out as a support main and still enjoy the role hugely.

First of all, I haven't seen a mention of what runes you're using. In case it needs to be restated (not trying to insult you if you already know this, just covering all the bases), you should, in 99% of cases, be using GP10 quints, magic penetration reds, armor yellows, and magic resist blues (scaling or not on that one is largely a matter of personal preference).

From there, you should also, in 99% of cases, start the game with a Rejuvenation Bead or Faerie Charm (one of the two, not both, a Vision Ward, two Sight Wards, and two Health Potions. This start and that rune setup will work in pretty much every situation with any support or lane combination. Sometimes you'll make minor adjustments depending on lane matchups, but this is very flexible and covers all your early game needs in some way.

With GP10 quints and Masteries, you will have passively generated enough gold to afford Sightstone before 9:00. In case you haven't heard yet (again, just covering the bases), Sightstone is actually worth more gold per second than Philosopher's Stone, and you should pretty much always get it first. That should be your ideal first buy. After that, Philosopher's Stone.

Once you have the two of them - or, if you get a couple favorable engages in lane and get some extra spending money, even before you complete Philosopher's Stone - you should pick up an Emblem of Valor. The Emblem gives both yourself and your AD carry better sustain in lane, and the armor makes your trades much better.

From there, your early game is generally finished up by picking up Boots, upgrading to Ruby Sightstone, and finishing Locket of the Iron Solari. Ideally, you want to have the Locket ready as you're going into the mid-game, since it's so powerful in group fights. The more teammates you have around you, the better the Locket is. If you have an early Locket - or even Aegis of the Legion - and their team doesn't, dragon control is practically guaranteed, since your team can simply wipe the floor with them if they attempt to contest.

Bottom line: 99% of the time, Ruby Sightstone and Locket of the Iron Solari are your absolute core items as support. If your team's jungler or tank wants to build Locket instead, great - go for Kage's Lucky Pick instead and pick up some extra gold. Most of the time, though, they won't, and you'll have to pick it up.

From there, you'll want to upgrade to tier two boots and possibly pick up a Kage's Lucky Pick if you've got gold to spare. Keep in mind that the Pick is a luxury, not a necessity. While the bonus gold is nice, it's not a core item like Philosopher's Stone as your goal is to provide utility rather than damage.

Your next decision, and probably the final item in your build, is between Shurelya's Battlesong, Mikael's Blessing, Twin Shadows, and Shard of True Ice. This is all a matter of what your team currently needs. Take Mikael's Blessing if vital teammates are getting CC locked, Shurelya's Battlesong if your team lacks engagement capability, Shard of True Ice for the same reason, and Twin Shadows basically if you don't want any of the rest.

You won't always get this many items completed, and that's fine. Just get as much as you can, and always keep in mind what your team needs.

Ok then now time to go put it to the test. Thanks for the help Foolamancer ^^ just hope am able to put it to good use.

Oh and i +rep you ^^
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2013 2:35pm | Report

Damn it.....why does this happen to me...when i win a game i get like...between 4-8 LP atm but when i lose a game i lose bloody 15 LP ! wtf is this **** people? guessing it is to do with my MMR...how to fix this?.

Oh and we lost this game cos of are "pro" support Nami...pro support who never ONCE warded anything...we went from a easy win to a late game pounding cos of our complete lack of map vision and wards...i was 4-1-4 15 minutes in this game and ended it like this ffs....
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2013 2:39pm | Report

Support Zyra using the new build recommend by Foolamancer (cheers again for that).

While am not sure how well i did over all i do like this new build. Oh and i was duo with Reo again..as u can see he owned everything again xD.
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2013 2:47pm | Report

Right....

**** you Varus..

**** you Fiora...

and a massive **** you to this game and it ****ty points system....17 points lost! wtf...that is 3/4 games worth of points gone in one lose...NOT cool.

Game was made worse by Varus flaming all the time and saying i kill steal him 3 times (first two times he was DEAD and i was defending the tower and scored the kills WELL after he was dead, and the 3rd time he had flash away from there Ezreal so i fired my E at him and got him, which was an auto KS according to him even tho by now he was AT OUR BLOODY TOWER!!!!!).

he then ****ed off mid and left me to solo bot for 15 minutes....

then Fiora starts flaming me cos i have not warded....FFS am solo BOT here figthing bot there support and there ADC, how the hell do you want me to go running around warding when am solo bot? ffs people..

If it was not the fact i was duo with Reo i would have quit this game then...perfer to take -3LP than -17 ffs.
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide