Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Any one tried building ryze more dmg less tanky?

Creator: cooper56 June 24, 2012 6:26am
1 2
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 10:28am | Report
There's no reason to build him damage over tanky when you can have both.

Someone did the math on him pre-nerf and post-nerf

With the exact same build post-nerf, he does about the same amount of damage, if not more. And you're still tanky.

Archangel's Staff, Sorcerer's Shoes, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart are the standard and his mana ratios were barely hit at all. Only change to his build at all is getting RoA instead of BV and you're still getting a ton of damage.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 1:46pm | Report
I always did both. Roa and bv. More mana and more health. Boots (sorcs or mercs) archangels, FH, BV, RoA, WoTA. ****load of tankyness, ****load of mana. Tons of damage.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 4:07pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

There's no reason to build him damage over tanky when you can have both.

Someone did the math on him pre-nerf and post-nerf

With the exact same build post-nerf, he does about the same amount of damage, if not more. And you're still tanky.

Archangel's Staff, Sorcerer's Shoes, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart are the standard and his mana ratios were barely hit at all. Only change to his build at all is getting RoA instead of BV and you're still getting a ton of damage.

Nope...
I pretty sure someone did numbers if you build abyssal-scepter over BV u get more dmg overall since mana ratios were dropped alot and ap buffed.

Other wise would a 2240 elo player post that guide if its less dmg than going tanky ryze.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 4:46pm | Report
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 5:17pm | Report

Umm wondering is Abyssal Scepter really that great? Worth it over BV?

Ryze has quite low hp pool.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 5:27pm | Report
Hence the Rod of Ages.

I feel like BV isn't really a great item and I rarely build it on anything anymore. Pretty sure Abyssal gives you quite a bit more damage and almost as much defence, plus it works well if you're running more than one AP. I'm likin' it a lot lately.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 5:36pm | Report
I've been saying this from literally the DAY that they reworked him.

RoA / Abyssal / FH / AAS / whatever you want. Could be Rylai's / Rabadon's / WotA / etc.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 6:29pm | Report
This discussion makes me want to play Ryze again. I think I played him once since his rework and the game was too short for me to get anywhere in my build.

Sorcs/Abyssal seems like a nice combo after RoA. I'll have to give that a try next time I go mid.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
holkos
<Member>
holkos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 12:40am | Report
after the rework on ryze is going ap much better then goig mana/tanky.
Need help with Katarina? Read my build
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 1:35am | Report
His mana ratio was downed 1% on q, and suddenly given a mana ratio on E. So no, his mana ratios are only nerfed if you hit less than 2 hits on E I think. BUT ap ratios were upped so now RoA is core with FH and tear. And the upgrade on tear is now required. I haven't tried abyssal over BV since it gives neither mana nor health. I will try it. If you go mercs then Abyssal should be prio for mpen.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide