Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

AP junglers?

Creator: Apothema August 18, 2011 1:54pm
44 posts - page 3 of 5
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 2:58pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Because he's a billion times better as AD.

True enough.
I just have a soft spot for AP Yi I guess :)
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 3:12pm | Report
Junglers who actually BUILD AP.

Fiddlesticks - Full mage builds.
Maokai - Builds Rod of Ages, and encouraged to transit to being a full tank.
Cho'Gath - Same as Maokai.
Nunu & Willump - Tanky Burst mage build. Sometimes RoA, depends on the game.

Gragas isn't really a smart choice for a jungler. He's been nerfed in areas that harmed his jungle quite heavily, making his laning prowess heavily outshine his jungle.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 3:14pm | Report
Not sure why anyone would play Nunu as anything other than AP unless you're trolling.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 3:20pm | Report
Nunu players have to choose between being a slightly squishy damage dealer or a tanky support character. Nunu's Ice Blast and Blood Boil make great supportive tools, and he doesn't need much damage to be effective. AP Nunu still works, but tanky support nunu is just as viable in high-level play, if not more so.

The top Nunu guide on Mobafire builds support, with only 150 AP by endgame (not enough to nuke). The second highest guide builds more AP, so both builds work pretty well. Or at least are popular.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 3:53pm | Report
Jvstm wrote:

Not sure why anyone would play Nunu as anything other than AP unless you're trolling.

Actually quite the opposite

AP Nunu is considered a HUGE troll - at least in my books.

At a glance, Nunu's items from Gamescom (the first game that chanced to have a Nunu in it) today -
Shurelia's, Mercs, HoG, Armour, Wards, Health Crystal
Source -
http://iemgamescom.leagueoflegends.com/match/group-round-31-millenium-vs-team-solomid

Nunu only has one real AP ability, his E (snowball). His R should ALWAYS be interrupted, it's like Kat's ultimate but it gives you chance to react, and you WILL react unless you're pants on head ******ed. Other than that, his Q heal is negligible (being ridiculously squishy for a little more heal is silly) and his W is blatantly a support spell with no ratios on it. If you argue for the ult getting set off because of brush, then wards/CV would solve that problem, and a single CC really isn't hard to spare.

Building AP on a champion with no real nuke other than ONE with a 1:1 AP ratio is MUCH worse than AP Leona, whose ratios add up to more than 1:1.

Nunu is only viable as a tanky support.

AP carry Nunu is laughable...
RoA is the only real AP item that should be built, if any.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 3:59pm | Report
I'd say Abyssal Mask works too Xenasis. Will of the Ancients can be good if your team could use some sustain in team fights. You have to know which items to get if you're "building AP", not just regular nuker items.

But I do agree that squishy nuke Nunu is just silly.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 4:04pm | Report
I guess so - but "Playing AP" doesn't imply that AP is the minority of your build and in fact you're not what's commonly referred to as an AP caster/carry anyway.

Agreed though, those two items do work extremely well - WotA is great for a dual mage set up, it was all just top of my head.
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 4:21pm | Report
Heimerdinger is pretty good
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 4:24pm | Report
VoiD wrote:

Heimerdinger is pretty good

He IS AP, and he CAN jungle, but he's really better off in lane where he can soak up gold+exp then push the **** out of towers midgame.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Apothema
<Member>
Apothema's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 1:59am | Report
Thanks for the fast feedback, people :-D

At this moment, I have Nunu and Fiddle as "great" junglers. But I didn't really know if they're used in high ELO play, since that's what I'd want to do if I become better and better at it.

I do have to mention, that I only play AP champs at this point, so hence my question. But since I'll be doing solo queue, I have the feeling I'll need to do loads of different setups. Tank, Carry, Off-tank, Jungler, etc. so I'd like to know which AP champs are best at jungling.

But thanks for this much feedback already, and keep it coming please ;-)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide