Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Yi, new builds?

Creator: NicknameMy July 28, 2013 12:17pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Which Yi build will be the best?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 4:38am | Report
Can't remember who but someone said my new Talon build would work on the new Yi. Dunno if they're right or not, haven't bothered reading Yi's new kit.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 4:56am | Report
Yeah, i said that because it is an ad assassin build. Yi has perfect synergy with Youmuu's Ghostblade and he has the potential to get a high amount of burst through Alpha Strike. Not to mention that 1 or 2 auto attacks after that hit for 1k damage each.

The only things you have to know for this are 15% increased AD, a 100% AD ratio on Alpha Strike, which is a 196% ( Lethality + Infinity Edge) ratio if it crits and 100+ true dmg per hit with an 80% AS steroid.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 5:04am | Report
Pretty sure new Yi won't be as viable with a 6 offensive item build though, so you'd have to forego either IE, Youmuu's or Black Cleaver. Probably Cleaver I guess, as he doesn't have as many spells to apply stacks as Talon does.

Think Yi would be better with BT rather than Hydra too, 'cuz bigger synergy with crits, and it will benefit more from the 15% AD increase. + I don't think he'd work if you only took lifesteal as your last upgrade lol.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 5:15am | Report
I thought about that: http://beta.lol.fanrealm.net/lZNIRd4i90pqzxwJ4Ong/overview

This build has 547 AD if you apply the 15% bonus AD.

Since the only thing Yi is gonna stop at this build is CC, i would say Mercurial Scimitar fits perfectly. You only need a good timing on it, but you need generally a good timing with yi anyway.

Yeah, Bloodthirster could be better, but at the same time, Ravenous Hydra has the delicious active. That I think depends on testing. It could also be that the amount of crit chance is too low, so there could be a different item for Hydra than Bloodthirster aswell.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 5:27am | Report
The ting is tat Talon as built in survivability troug is ult and can silence is target. Yi as no silence and meditate for survivability is going to be a joke since eac tick of eal won't give him full ealt.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 5:29am | Report
You also didn't jump in first as AP Yi did you? You play this type of Yi similar to AP Yi, except that you will not Meditate, unless there is a perfect situation for it. Your Alpha Strike does 1k damage if not more to each target hit, means 4k damage. And if it kills, you can use it again. And so on...

To be viable in ranked or even competetive, you obviously have the same think to do like Alex Ich and CLG_eu. You got to get yourself Amumu/ Sejuani and Nunu & Willump.
He is gonna kill you!!!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 6:48am | Report

The ting is tat Talon as built in survivability troug is ult and can silence is target. Yi as no silence and meditate for survivability is going to be a joke since eac tick of eal won't give him full ealt.

h key op

also the build vapora has been using on talon looks good
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 10:09am | Report
I wouldn't compare Talon to Yi just because Talon has stealth. I do see Youmuu's Ghostblade working well for both of them. It gives them both a great combination of stats in a single item slot. I'll have to test it out, but I've always loved GB on Yi even before rework.

I read your Talon guide Vapora and I agree that Yi won't work as well with a full offense build when compared to Talon. There is too much difference in their kits, although they do share a desire for similar stats.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
sulle17
<Member>
sulle17's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 10:27am | Report
I'd say AD Yi has gotten boosted, solo top/AD mid Yi seems to be an excellent option for him.

Building like always with Phantom Dancer and Blade of the Ruined King with some AD/Crit like Infinity Edge and Ravenous Hydra will give him more than a decent damage output and quite the survivability unless you don't have a team with hard CC, which you feel safe enough to use everything on him, else he'll probably rip you apart with the correct items and gameplay.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 1:03pm | Report
Like 99% top laners will destroy him top still. A wardens mail (keep in mind its going to be even cheaper) and he can't touch you. If he's still annoying get a thorn and watch him kill himself on you.

Dill don't make fun of my laptop's broken H key =(
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide