Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Serpe's Jungling Corner!

Creator: ZioSerpe December 11, 2011 3:49pm
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 5:46pm | Report
i agree with temzilla, with red and blue nunu makes great ganks (bloodboil, red and snowball) and his consume makes it so easy for him to counter jungle.

i played a game as jungle nunu recently, just ran into the enemy jungle and ate the red wraith, then the big golem.

then came back a little later and ate the big wolf. counter jungled successfully.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 5:57pm | Report
Please try not to make this a tier list discussion thread.

Anyway Nunu is only tier 3 because he has nearly no place in a team.
Also counter jungling is not very rewarding with low respawn times, although he gets more money and exp for himself they kinda go to waste lategame, and a half decent jungler on the opposite team would never allow what nunu's best at: fast steal with consume+smite, considering the overall easier and faster cleartimes junglers have now he's doesn't seem to be that effective to me right now, but I'll play him a bit more in the next days and let you know on when I'll update the list after Ahri patch.

I'm thinking about updating the tier list on weekends so I can test any doubt related to it in the weektime.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 5:58pm | Report
They buffed nunu's jungling a lot by making the big minions, and having them be a giant majority of the gold and xp.
Tri lane for life.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 6:00pm | Report
you forgot Nidalee D:

I have no idea where she would be on the list, but she's a fun jungler.

Unless you **** up your runes and masteries.

Then you die.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 6:17pm | Report
Updated the opening post with a section for usefull stuff I might find during my researches

Temzilla wrote:

They buffed nunu's jungling a lot by making the big minions, and having them be a giant majority of the gold and xp.

What I don't see happening is him really scaling that good steal power into lategame, he gets more for himself that's for sure, but as game is now he has really no room in a good teamcomp. New jungle seems to reward faster clearers than just fast stealers.
Also his early ganks do very little damage and considering no one overextending his only high % impact gank is on mid where on his amazing slows a burst ally can do his thing.

Then again I'll play a dozen games on him before updating the tier list and I'll let you all know; it was a hard decision to place him in tier 3, might be an hard decision moving him.

you forgot Nidalee D:

I have no idea where she would be on the list, but she's a fun jungler.

Unless you **** up your runes and masteries.

Then you die.

She would be in the tier of "for fun jungler"

BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 6:43pm | Report
I laughed when I saw Lee on tier 2 listing.

The new jungle is strange and rewards champions in different ways. Udyr can clear like no tomorrow, which keeps him valid all game. Maokai's ganks have always been high on my list and now are better with an easy jungle. The advantage of clearing the old jungle fast is now nonexistent due to the fact that the jungle is easy mode now.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 7:08pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Shaco's been used quite a bit recently, he was used a surprisingly high amount in WCG (which is the most recent tournament, and having been over the past few days), Maokai's only ever used by TheOddOne. Shaco never falls back in a game really, and though Mao can get GP5 items (though OddOne rarely does), he still relies on early ganks to keep levelled, and is extremely, extremely blue dependant. Shaco's seen far more competitive play recently than Maokai.

Leona jungle "becoming a thing" doesn't change how good she is. She's far, far better as an aggressive support. There are a LOT of junglers more potent that her at ganking you've not listed (as a quick example, Twitch or Blitz), though they aren't good in the jungle, Leona isn't either, far from it - I see no reason why somebody as bad as her is in over those, why? She wastes the jungle gold, too, especially in the new jungle - especially when she's SO SLOW and SO BAD AT DUELING.

Talon has decent ganks, yet he's mana starved due to his Rake's cost, has no sustain, and absolutely nothing going for him in the jungle. The only thing he has is ganks, and that prowess is seen when he's laning, too.

What about Kayle/Fizz? Kayle, for one, is surprisingly strong in the new jungle. The only thing she lacked is survivability, she has a heal, but it wasn't enough, now it is.

Anyway, time to sleep for me.

Could have wasted a min reading the description of Tier3 instead of just the names in it.
Btw I don't see how blitz is a better ganker than leona and btw she's getting a lot of playtime in high elo as jungler, as she's basically full health 24/7 in the jungle, yes hear clear times are **** but once again she makes that up being a good ganker.
The point of tier 3 is champions that at a decent pace but will perform a lot better by not being in the jungle (is actually all written), obviusly just comparing a cho jungle to a talon jungle is crazy talk, but then again you'd rather have both of them everywhere else to see their full potential.

As for Maokai VS shaco the benefits mao had from the new jungle are yet to be discovere by the majority of players even on competitive scene as the changes are recent. TheOddOne on the other hand used to successfully jungle maokai before.
Is not like I'm saying that Shaco is bad, he's the 3rd best in my opinion atm (tied with trundle) and the margin between the ones I rated as tier 1 is really narrow.

I have yet to try Kayle in the jungle, thanks for the head's up I'll play her before updating the tier list.

I laughed when I saw Lee on tier 2 listing.

The new jungle is strange and rewards champions in different ways. Udyr can clear like no tomorrow, which keeps him valid all game. Maokai's ganks have always been high on my list and now are better with an easy jungle. The advantage of clearing the old jungle fast is now nonexistent due to the fact that the jungle is easy mode now.

There's an actual advantage in clearing the old jungle fast right now, the Shyvana kind of jungle rewards her greatly, if you're good you can get nearly (I said nearly) as much gold as you would have had as solo top on her.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 7:14pm | Report
Er... "Thanks to jhoi for letting me use her line dividers"?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 7:17pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Er... "Thanks to jhoi for letting me use her line dividers"?

Since when a thief thanks it's victims?
MWHAHAHAHAH

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 7:46pm | Report
You put a jungle tier list and then don't want tier list discussions? Yeah.

Maokai is not the best jungler in the game (not even close). Trundle being 3rd kinda made me lol, his ganks and late game scaling are his only good things going for him. Shaco being above Nocturne made me lol, as did Irelia being T3. Malphite being low T2 also made me lol, Shyvana should be higher too, as should Master Yi & Xin. Oh and Cho being T3 is just the stupidest thing i've ever seen lol...

Oh and no Nasus at all, when he should be high T2/T1 is a bit sad.

Hope that helped.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide