Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Serpe's Jungling Corner!

Creator: ZioSerpe December 11, 2011 3:49pm
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 9:55am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Rammus is currently FotM again, strong ganks, good first clear, slows down later, if ganks are unsuccessful he has a hard time transitioning, very prone to counter jungling.
Shaco has a strong early game, slow clear time and strong ganks. Both go no higher than T2 imo with Rammus MAYBE being low T1.

Both Rammus and Shaco ganks are near unavoidable if done right (Rammus can literally roll past wards with a Shurelya's and catch people as they try to retreat, Shaco can avoid wards alltogether and has very high damage) so they never have to worry about unseccessful ganks, something that is very rewarding in the new jungle.
Rammus cleartimes are still fast later on if you get Wriggle's and I disagree with him being prone to counter jungling as he's a pretty strong duelist. True, Shaco's cleartimes are not the best but he makes up for that in everything else, he even scales very well into lategame.

There's a reason both of these junglers are always banned or picked in high level play, and it's not because they're only tier 2 junglers
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 9:57am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Actually I think he is. This is more because Noc in my opinion is just a decent tier 2, and I think Shaco is a super strong tier 2 almost tier 1 at the moment. This rework and his very minor buffs have left him on the strong side. Never thought I'd see the day when Shaco is a terror.

Cho is even better at jungling than he is at solo lane, I'm convinced.

Shyv is perhaps one of the best jungles.

Naw, Noc is high T1, always has been, probably always will be. Shaco is certainly a terror, but he falls off superbly lategame and i'm pretty sure he needs blue buff to do his job effectively. Whereas Noc doesn't need ****. Shaco does more damage early game, but less reliably. Depends on teamcomp on which one I would choose. If you already have a strong initiation like Ashe, then yeah maybe Shaco is better.

I think you're right, Cho is super strong and I would probs take him jungle > solo top atm.

Shyv is def one of the best junglers and the only thing I say is her ganks are holding her back a bit. Perhaps with MS quints + red buff though? IDK.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:01am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Naw, Noc is high T1, always has been, probably always will be. Shaco is certainly a terror, but he falls off superbly lategame and i'm pretty sure he needs blue buff to do his job effectively. Whereas Noc doesn't need ****. Shaco does more damage early game, but less reliably. Depends on teamcomp on which one I would choose. If you already have a strong initiation like Ashe, then yeah maybe Shaco is better.

I think you're right, Cho is super strong and I would probs take him jungle > solo top atm.

Shyv is def one of the best junglers and the only thing I say is her ganks are holding her back a bit. Perhaps with MS quints + red buff though? IDK.

If Noc is T1, Shaco is like, Godmode. Noc doesn't scale much better than Shaco, (He does a little) He literally does about half of what Shaco can do in lane phase, and only gets like 20-35% stronger than Shaco end game. Noc is good, I won't dodge queue if someone picks him, but he's over rated in a big way. Shaco's current state generally just means there is no late game. IF you can manage to make it through early, you have a shot. It's tough though.

Ye Cho jungle is just ridic.

And ye, Shyv wants move speed, run her just like Udyr except with different reds.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:03am | Report
Shaco actually scales very well into late game lol
He can split push like no other, he becomes impossible to 1v1, he becomes impossible to kill, he can jump onto anyone he wants in a fight,... he doesn't fall off late game at all, he only gets stronger
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:06am | Report
Khazem wrote:

Both Rammus and Shaco ganks are near unavoidable if done right (Rammus can literally roll past wards with a Shurelya's and catch people as they try to retreat, Shaco can avoid wards alltogether and has very high damage) so they never have to worry about unseccessful ganks, something that is very rewarding in the new jungle.
Rammus cleartimes are still fast later on if you get Wriggle's and I disagree with him being prone to counter jungling as he's a pretty strong duelist. True, Shaco's cleartimes are not the best but he makes up for that in everything else, he even scales very well into lategame.

There's a reason both of these junglers are always banned or picked in high level play, and it's not because they're only tier 2 junglers

Shaco has no late game (provides little to the team other than cleanup and split pushing, and both are countered easily). Rammus can at least transition to tank. Wriggles hinders build on Rammus (unless going Atlanta style tanky DPS Rammus).

I strongly agree with Duff regarding Nocturne, though for Shyvana, lack of CC hurts her a lot (needs red to gank), she's a much better duelist.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:08am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Shaco has no late game (provides little to the team other than cleanup).

Check my last post. You do need to build and play him right or he does indeed become useless lategame. Watch Saintvicious play him and you'll know what I'm talking about.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:11am | Report
Not even SV makes up for Shaco's inherent failure of a late game kit.

However, due to the new layout, his early game is enough to merit picking Shaco, and he's strong.

However, Shyvanna with red is a gank machine. Her e becomes a slowing skillshot, her dragon jump is suuuper dangerous.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:12am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Not even SV makes up for Shaco's inherent failure of a late game kit.

However, Shyvanna with red is a gank machine. Her e becomes a slowing skillshot, her dragon jump is suuuper dangerous.

Haha, wasn't aware that her E proc'd red.

Khazem wrote:

Check my last post. You do need to build and play him right or he does indeed become useless lategame. Watch Saintvicious play him and you'll know what I'm talking about.

It's not Shaco jungle that's OP, SaintVicious jungle is just OP.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:14am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Rammus in T1.

Oh buddy he belongs there at any and all elo's imho.

He's a low tier 1 or the highest tier 2 ever.

Zeprido wrote:

Haha, wasn't aware that her E proc'd red.

Not in dragon form.

Only single target spells proc red.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:18am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

He's a low tier 1 or the highest tier 2 ever.

I agree with this. Needs successful ganks though.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide