Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Serpe's Jungling Corner!

Creator: ZioSerpe December 11, 2011 3:49pm
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 10:25pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Definitely calm here.

Regrowth pendant does not build into HoG. Not even close. If you build both HoG and Philo to [n]not[/b] be behind if/when you fail ganks, you won't have the damage to clear buff camps fast enough to stay a threat.
Leveling skills correctly: E-W(level 2 gank after red)-Q-E-W-R. R stays level 1 until you're done jungling as the only good thing that comes out of leveling it is CD and base damage and you prioritize E=W>Q>R. Because you're not going to stick around that long after a gank that may or may have not failed, you don't need the cooldown on it to be lower.
IF you're doing a sustained route of blue-wolves-wraiths-golems-red-wraiths, you're not capitalizing on the early gank power that Mao has over most junglers.

TL;DR Aggressive Maokai that starts with dorans and ganks fast and hard is better than sustained jungling although both work.

But seriously, I't hard to have a meaningful argument/conversation if your sentences aren't punctuated at least 80% correctly. M'k?

No dude no!!!
See why you're complaining so much? <.<
1st I'll be clear on item path as you seem to be confused since I didn't type that entirely:
start regrowth, get philo abd boots after 1st clear or 1st clear + gank, then get HoG. You're going to build both shurelya's and randuin's anyway.
2nd You're skilling wrong, and that is why you're scared to have troubles creeping if you fail ganks
Correct order is:
Lvl 1 E
Lvl 2 Q
Lvl 3 E
Lvl 4 W
from this pont you'll level R>Q>W>E, this will maximize your ganking power and your jungle farming as Q has insanely low CD.
Also the with the new jungle it's higly worth sacrificing lvl 2 gank
Best jungle path right now, starting with regrowth pendant and 2 health potions, is:
1. Ask your golem lane to keep it leashed till you get there since you'll be there at 1:57/1:58
2. Starting at 1:05 cast 2 sapplings at Wraits, then cast a 3rd sappling at 1:40 to hit wraits with both landing and explosion damage, this plus 1 AA on big wrait should kill them
3. Run to golem and kill it with sappling+AA+Smite
4. kill wolves with 1 E and 2 Q
5. Wraits are up again 1 E and 2 Q will get the job done (you're lvl 3 now, get lvl 2 on sappling)
6. Here you can either kill golems or kill lizard depending on if you feel safe killing lizard at this moment without smite, anyway without a specific runepage you shouldn't be on more than 10 seconds CD on smite
7. Kill the camp you left (being it lizard or golems) and recive level 4 (get Twisted Advance)

From there you can either gank immediatly if you have good health levels, or go back, buy Philo stone and a pair of wards while you heal and go gank.

You see, while Sapling Toss is your higher damage skill leveling it for jungling slows you down a lot, it's also not that good for ganking and uses a lot of mana.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 10:28pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

ALL THE TERRITORY BELONGS TO ME! ALL OF IT!

Its non existent territory brosideon
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 11:22pm | Report
I will take Lugignaf side on this, mostly because I can read what he types.

Also, you seem to focus on the wrong things when you address your tier list.

The reason why you have Malph low is because you need a good "Team composition"

I'm sorry. I thought this was a jungle tier list, you know, a list of who is the best junglers overall.

See, if this was a "solo queue tier list" then I can see your reasoning.

A "Normal" jungle list is used to be based on 3 things: Speed, sustain, recovery and ganking

After the new jungle, its just: Speed, recovery and ganking. (no need for any sustain in easy mode jungle)
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 11:39pm | Report
omagma wrote:

I will take Lugignaf side on this, mostly because I can read what he types.

Also, you seem to focus on the wrong things when you address your tier list.

The reason why you have Malph low is because you need a good "Team composition"

I'm sorry. I thought this was a jungle tier list, you know, a list of who is the best junglers overall.

See, if this was a "solo queue tier list" then I can see your reasoning.

A "Normal" jungle list is used to be based on 3 things: Speed, sustain, recovery and ganking

After the new jungle, its just: Speed, recovery and ganking. (no need for any sustain in easy mode jungle)

I'm not sure about what you mean by recovery, seriusly, no clue.
Anyway Malph is low (actually not that much, he's T2 for the love of god) because his kit is designed to counter certain kid of champs, against a team that doesn't give him the chance to fully use his kit there is not real reason not to pick any other very tanky jungler that clears faster and ganks better than him, if you need a pure tank that is, if you don't even need a pure tank everyone who's above him is a faster jungler or has better ganks or both.
Maybe I'm missing something here idk you really didn't give me a clue on who is worst than malph that I put higher nor why, let me know.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 3:14am | Report
Yeah I don't see why Moakai is so high
There are much better junglers than him, he just happened to carry a tournament.

And the list should be all about how quickly it can be cleared, how sustainable the champion is at all parts of the jungle, counter-jungling and how to recover from Being counter-jungled

So yeah quite bluntly Moakai really shouldn't be that high, and you also make a commment about Cho being low because he is a better solo top, have you seen Maokai top?
Cho'Gath clears fast, has strong sustain and can recover easily. The only problem is his ganks are a bit off but if you land the rupture then you're sorted.
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 3:20am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Apparently Soraka jungle is top tier.

/source: Wayne & Nick.

LOL

Yeah, we got owned by jungle Soraka D:

She so strong huehuehue, top tier for sure. In fact, they should make a separate tier for her. Dat ganks, simply amazing.. @.@

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 5:21am | Report
@Zio

No...

I did read what you typed. I realize apparently you said this is not JUST about tier list, ok, well you don't really have anything else up there atm, so it kinda is for people who already know how to jungle well and don't need your help.

Shaco is definitely not better then Nocturne, lol...he has fast clear times and good ganks, that's it. He is extremely susceptible to counter jungling. Nocturne has fast clear times, just as good ganks pre-6 and much better ganks post 6, oh and he doesn't become a total ****** lategame either.

Also I want to clarify something for you.

This is a JUNGLE tier list.

Every jungle tier list in the world goes solely on JUNGLING. You have Malphite that low because he is a situational pick? Well bro, Shaco is shut down by hard CC just as much as Yi is. Also, Watch the Empire vs SK game and tell me Malphite is sooooo situational.

Oh and Trundle...lol. He doesn't have insanely fast clear times anymore.

It's not that his ganks + lategame scaling is bad, but Udyr, Nocturne, Cho, etc have faster clear times, good ganks and just as good if not better lategame scaling.

Cho isn't 'much better' solo top, he has some problems, although he is very good. He is just as good in the jungle though if not better based on teamcomp and playstyle.

I agree with Shyvana, but she can go in and kill the enemy jungler easily, which is why I like her being higher.

omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 5:35am | Report
I will also like to have some proof of this "mentor" of yours, if you do not mind.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 6:27am | Report
@The "Malph is situational" argument...

Look at Malphite and tell me what you see.
I see someone with strong ganks pre and post level 6 because of the slow and initiate.
He's also a jungle tank which is always welcomed.
To top it off, he has AoE clearing. Something that all strong junglers should have.

Only reason Shaco is supposedly better than Nocturne is early ganks.

Also, recovery is this: If the enemy comes in to steal your creeps, it's how easily you shrug it off.
Amumu in the old jungle? Terrible recovery because of how blue dependent he was. Still kinda is.
Shyvana in both the old and new jungle? Great recovery because of her strong dueling power and fast camp clearing.

Also, Nasus is easily tier 4. If he's not put solo top, he can easily get enough farm in the jungle and the ganks he brings are brutal.

Fizz+Olaf tier 5... .-.
Okay... Olaf was tier like.. 2 or 3 in Stonewall's tier list. That's only because he lacked sustain. Now that sustain is really a moot point, he's easily tier 2... or 3. Depends on how well you land that axe.

Fizz, good clear times, again. The only issue I have with him is that he's stupidly macro intensive to optimize the route. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it means you see bad ones more often than not.
True love is found only in yourself.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 6:31am | Report
The only person who's ever run jungle leona successfully is EPIK, and frankly that's just because Dan is great at leona and great in the jungle.

The only thing Leona excels at is ganking, and per-6 her ganking is avoidable.

Personally, I'd say she's fine in tier 3.

However, I'm surprised at maokai #1 jungle champion - Jatt himself said that Maokai falls off late game, and the only way he can redeem himself is by having a great early game.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide