Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:14pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Relic -> face of the mountain.
#masterrace

What do you max on Thresh? I don't exactly follow pro builds and whatnot, but I've noticed a trend that's being going on for a while now; maxing Q first then W then E. I understand why you'd max Q and then W, but I don't understand why it's better than just maxing E first, then W or Q. Do you think that maxing E is still optimal, or is it sub-optimal/alternative?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:19pm | Report
Quoted:
#masterrace

What do you max on Thresh? I don't exactly follow pro builds and whatnot, but I've noticed a trend that's being going on for a while now; maxing Q first then W then E. I understand why you'd max Q and then W, but I don't understand why it's better than just maxing E first, then W or Q. Do you think that maxing E is still optimal, or is it sub-optimal/alternative?

Q max has been something for at least a year now, and imo its definitely superior to E max because it gives you so much more utility (more hooks = more win). Especially going into mid game it is just so much more powerful.

You can still opt to put 3 points in E before level 6 and just max Q->W->E after 6 just because you want a little bit more lane damage, that's still good too.

Disclaimer: I don't really play thresh anymore so take this with a grain of salt.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:20pm | Report
Q has a stupid low CD when it's maxed and you have some CDR. You can seriously get off like, probably 4-5 hooks in a long, drawn out team fight. Maxed Q also does a lot more damage than maxed E :P
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:21pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Q has a stupid low CD when it's maxed and you have some CDR. You can seriously get off like, probably 4-5 hooks in a long, drawn out team fight. Maxed Q also does a lot more damage than maxed E :P

Don't know about the final part, but its essentially the first sentence.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:21pm | Report
Mana hungry? o.o Iunno I had frostfang and Mikaels both games so mana didn't seem like much of a problem, especially since I needed frozen heart the first game too so it was like eh xD

It does get a little out of hand if you spam q everytime it's off cooldown, but if you actually hit every time enemies would be b/dead before you had to worry about mana right?

And yay for being most played, she's just really fun too xD
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:23pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
Mana hungry? o.o Iunno I had frostfang and Mikaels both games so mana didn't seem like much of a problem, especially since I needed frozen heart the first game too so it was like eh xD

It does get a little out of hand if you spam q everytime it's off cooldown, but if you actually hit every time enemies would be b/dead before you had to worry about mana right?

And yay for being most played, she's just really fun too xD

In lane its terrible because you want to constantly E-Q your enemy.

Oh I also forgot that the EQ combo is stupidly inconsistent because pix movements seem absolutely random.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:25pm | Report
Lulu's autoattacks are really strong too. If you can get away with landing some autoattacks on your opponents early on (levle 1), they'll feel it. There have been times where my level 1 autoattacks/poke has single handedly won me the lane pre-6
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:27pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Lulu's autoattacks are really strong too. If you can get away with landing some autoattacks on your opponents early on (levle 1), they'll feel it. There have been times where my level 1 autoattacks/poke has single handedly won me the lane pre-6

Yeah but you have to be super careful not to get punished for it because you're so squishy. That's why I nowadays only pick her vs someone like Janna.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:32pm | Report
utopus wrote:
When do you really need 5 hooks in a teamfight? :P Besides, teamfights happen later, and if that's why you max Q, you might as well max it second, no? I feel like maxing Q in lane will indeed lead to you having more hooks - more fights - but then how can you fight with your weak auto-attack...

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:36pm | Report
@about lulu lel

I never ever use e in lane unless ganks or all ins. I just use q + autos :x

Maybe plat people are too dumb to avoid eating random q's all the time idk xD

AND IKR ABOUT PIX that **** is the most inconsistent thing ever, though sometimes it does end up working in my favour. I also hate it how pix doesn't stick with the enemy, if you pix a tristana or an ezreal and they use their jump afterwards landing a q is impossible...
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide