Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Want to try playing as Vladimir

Creator: MyBloodisBlack July 14, 2014 4:50am
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2014 4:50am | Report
Recently I brought Soulstealer Vladimir and since then I have started to really enjoy playing as him and I want to start playing him more seriously.

However I want to try a new build and I wanted to see if it would actually work and if it can't then why if that is indeed possible please?

For items I was thinking of using the following

Will of the Ancients
Void Staff or Liandry's Torment*
Rabadon's Deathcap or Rylai's Crystal Scepter**
Sorcerer's Shoes
Spirit Visage
Zhonya's Hourglass

* With the Void staff or Liandry's torment it is a case of which would be better for the damage, I know that Void staff probably give more direct damage but Liandry does give bonus Damage over time

** With the Deathcap and Rylai its the same principle really - Deathcap does give more AP but Rylai gives a good amount of AP, some HP and slows enemies so I still trying to decide if I want full power or sacrifice the power to make it harder to kill him or get away.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2014 7:07am | Report
Liandry's is not that good. I didn't like the vladimir collaborative guide for the exact reason that it had liandrys in over void staff. Haunting guise is decent and I would propably run it too but upgrading it to liandrys is not worth imo.

Like it's decent but if it's between void staff or liandrys, void staff wins by far.

I used to run this setup (not sure if I'd run void staff anymore. Spirit visage does the same thing):

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2014 2:45pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Liandry's is not that good. I didn't like the vladimir collaborative guide for the exact reason that it had liandrys in over void staff. Haunting guise is decent and I would propably run it too but upgrading it to liandrys is not worth imo.

Like it's decent but if it's between void staff or liandrys, void staff wins by far.

I used to run this setup (not sure if I'd run void staff anymore. Spirit visage does the same thing):

That's basically what I run too, except I always get visage. It makes out my CDR once I hit 18, and that healing boost is too good to pass up.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2014 4:38pm | Report
Dyrus used this build last night:

I would say Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Liandry's Torment might be decent situational items. If you can definitely make use of the slow from rylai's or you have to wear down a really big frontline with liandry's, you could find space for them in the build. Also if the enemy doesn't have much magic damage you could skip visage for rylai's or something.

Also I would suggest getting both Liandry's Torment and Void Staff if you're getting liandry's because both items make it easier to kill tanks. If they don't have enough MR to warrant void staff, you might as well build bigger AP items.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2014 5:19pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Dyrus used this build last night:

I would say Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Liandry's Torment might be decent situational items. If you can definitely make use of the slow from rylai's or you have to wear down a really big frontline with liandry's, you could find space for them in the build. Also if the enemy doesn't have much magic damage you could skip visage for rylai's or something.

Also I would suggest getting both Liandry's Torment and Void Staff if you're getting liandry's because both items make it easier to kill tanks. If they don't have enough MR to warrant void staff, you might as well build bigger AP items.

I personally feel that Banner of Command is a better item than WotA, same for Twin Shadows. I feel that vlad really doesn't need the spell vamp anymore, especially with all other sources of sustain nerfed.

My personal build is: -> -> -> ->

Build path can be adapted to the current game state ofc, and the build can be more defensive oriented by swapping out DFG and/or Deathcap or Banner, though I think Banner of Command is an underrated item that can really help vlad in his role as ap split-pusher.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2014 5:40pm | Report
Dyrus runs rabadon because he runs heal + ghost with movement speed quints so he doesn't necessarily need rylais slow. Others who run different setups take rylais because they need the slow from it. Wouldn't call liandry's that good of a situational item. It's only somewhat ok if enemy team has hp stacking bruisers and that's not the case in most of the games. Other items are just better.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2014 5:45pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

Dyrus runs rabadon because he runs heal + ghost with movement speed quints so he doesn't necessarily need rylais slow. Others who run different setups take rylais because they need the slow from it. Wouldn't call liandry's that good of a situational item. It's only somewhat ok if enemy team has hp stacking bruisers and that's not the case in most of the games. Other items are just better.

Agreed, I've tested the rylai + liandry + void core build but it's just not potent enough. I also don't think you need the Rylai's slow, but in some situations it can definitely be very strong.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide