Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What is mundos problem?

Creator: Crows foot January 31, 2012 7:40am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:11am | Report
Okay before you try to tell me that Mundo is this really viable pick and you just have to find the right build, tell me why.

What is it in his kit that makes him this powerhouse super legit viable pick?

You know I'm a former Mundo main, right? This was my most played champion at one point, I've probably played over 200 games as Mundo.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:12am | Report

4k HP on a guy that does no dps and has no cc. Real terror. Health regen ult is so useful when you can be ignored in teamfights.

No cc? Well slow might not be that good of a cc in a standard all in fight. But most fights are moving and that slow can force someone to lag behind. So no dps for another couple of seconds. And if built like I proposed you have lots of staying time in a fight, attacks hurt about 300-350 damage per second and around 100 additional from aura. Plus the occasional cleaver with 25% of current health in damage... Sure as hell you are a threat. And pop that ultimate before you get killed so you reawaken at 100% health...

I need to play him way more but I have a good feeling since last patch.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:17am | Report
Duff:isn't it one hell of an ability to be able to really never leave your lane. With tp you can destroy top by pushing and never leaving!

And yes his w tenacity stacks with Mercs according to wikia
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:28am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Okay before you try to tell me that Mundo is this really viable pick and you just have to find the right build, tell me why.

What is it in his kit that makes him this powerhouse super legit viable pick?

You know I'm a former Mundo main, right? This was my most played champion at one point, I've probably played over 200 games as Mundo.

Well, for a right click champ, his E is the best steroid in the game.

Making him heavily synergystic with crit and Attack Speed.

He doesn't scale with AD or AP well, and he's melee so he should be built tanky.

Give him an attack speed tanky dps build, with a splash of crit, and you probably have a monster.

His laning phase isn't bad with some form of lifesteal because of how insane his damage is if you level E first.

His jungling is really fast, with bad, high damage ganks, similar to shyvana (less fast, more damage.)

He is pretty strong, he is just EXTREMELY situational.

He is only better than other champions at a very small number of things.
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:46am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Dont get so offended, but just think 2 seconds by yourself, you said:
Champion A isnt that great because he get's counterd by Condition Y
You can say this for like 90% of all Champions...

Also i used to play with Person that play's sometimes Mundo solo top...(he even beat Winter in solo-top as Solotop ashe, lulz xD)

Well being called "****ty and mental" is what you said that offended me.

Secondly I gave a specific champion that is a hard counter to mundo. And then referenced ignite as a general counter. But if you want tryn olaf riven chogath are all more viable solo top than mundo and can easily beat him. Overall they also bring more to a teams composition. Its not that mundo cannot do well, but his kit does not provide anything for a team. Tanks need to be durable and deal damage. Mundo can't afford arp or mpen which makes having 200 ad with 4k hp about as useful as a ***** for a door knob. Sure it works but in the end all you're doing is setting up to screw yourself.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:48am | Report
I think I know why Dufftime mained the champ:

DUFFMOG'S OP

And, the scary part, this also works! You can still get earlygame Negatron Cloak or Chain Vest and just farming Duffmog's Armor all day is fun.^^

After the first Duffmog's Armor you can fit in Atma's Impaler to deal massive damage and have a chance to crit. And after the second you can buy Force of Nature for unlimited regen.

After the third, well GG!

Total cost: 15165

Core: 1 Duffmog's, Atma's, Negatron Cloak, Mercury's: 7925

BTW: You could also use Sorcerer's Shoes, Berserker's Greaves, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, what you want as boots. Even a roaming Dr. Mundo with Mobility Boots could work because of his high regen. Everytime towerdive and kill, huehuehue.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:54am | Report
Mundo's problem is M5 just went Jungle mundo in Kings of EU finals...

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:55am | Report

Mundo's problem is M5 just went Jungle mundo in Kings of EU finals...

For god's sake don't tell Nickname.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:56am | Report
Too late its on the internets and you'll never get it back
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 9:58am | Report