Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

High ELO only part of the Mobafire website.

Creator: bitpik May 9, 2013 8:45pm
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 1:30pm | Report

I don't really care what 80% of the community thinks when I ask a question about diamond level play. We have a high elo guide section, everyone can view it and not everyone can contribute to it, why not one small measly forum section? I have had questions and issues I've had to bring elsewhere because of the **** I'd get here (see how to beat ryze thread competitive discussion)

True somehow

There shud be a "high elo" section where low elo players can only see the opinions of good players, and also add in it an "ask a pro" section so they arent excluded at all and can learn more
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 3:57pm | Report
Nubs can request ama's or whatever. And everyone knows they can pm me with any questions at any time.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 4:16pm | Report
I find the idea of a high elo forum club ridiculous. Max, remember that small discrepancy in your masteries, back when I coded your guide? I wasn't even Gold back then. High elo people have good in-game mechanics, that's obvious. But they can still make mistakes.

Was it a pro who first tried Revive + Teleport Karthus (I honestly don't know). Who first tried AP Tryndamere? Who jungled Nasus before it was cool?

Creating a forum for 10 or so people seems like a waste of space. Creating a "high elo AMA" forum is a great idea.

If you want to talk to those 10 people about Ryze, why don't you just make a PM group and stick to that?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 4:21pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I find the idea of a high elo forum club ridiculous. Max, remember that small discrepancy in your masteries, back when I coded your guide? I wasn't even Gold back then. High elo people have good in-game mechanics, that's obvious. But they can still make mistakes.

Was it a pro who first tried Revive + Teleport Karthus (I honestly don't know). Who first tried AP Tryndamere? Who jungled Nasus before it was cool?

Creating a forum for 10 or so people seems like a waste of space. Creating a "high elo AMA" forum is a great idea.

If you want to talk to those 10 people about Ryze, why don't you just make a PM group and stick to that?

Pretty much this.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 4:26pm | Report

...I've had to bring elsewhere because of the **** I'd get here (see how to beat ryze thread competitive discussion)

Actually agree with this, I've seen some dumb **** get posted as "advice".

Also jhoijhoi: Innovators actually tend to be the pros and high elo players, because they get way more of a chance to innovate without their team turning against them. (Plus, they have the solid mechanics/consistent baseline enemy performance to accurately evaluate the impact of any unconventional strats) If people tried half the **** I did in low elo games they'd get 9x reported every single time. Pros actually tend to copy stuff they see in solo queue all the time. If you do something weird and it works really well, 9 other people will have seen it and may try it themselves. This leads to an exponential propagation of new ideas that progamers eventually pick up on and popularize through streams.

Past a certain point, most people won't really give a **** if you do something unconventional, and will still play as a team, mostly because they know that you made it up there because you know how to play LoL. Take Revive TP on Karthus in Diamond? Okay, we'll take your summoners into account when teamfighting. Take Revive TP on Karthus in Silver? OMG NOOB KARTH TAKE REVIVE TROLL PICK BG PLS REPORT I AFK FK ELO HELL
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 4:28pm | Report
See, I just say "If you think that'll work, by all means." I'm not afraid of letting people experiment - if anything, it'll confuse their lane opponent.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2013 4:37pm | Report
DKitten wrote:

See, I just say "If you think that'll work, by all means." I'm not afraid of letting people experiment - if anything, it'll confuse their lane opponent.

Or feed them.

I wouldn't actually mind a more restricted section, so long as we can view it. It's not as if it would be excluding the community if that were so. It's just putting weight on those who at least have the stats to do so.
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2013 6:18am | Report
I support this throatslasher idea. Ofcourse it wasn't a low elo who first started Teleport+Revive Karthus. Same for Nasus and AP Tryndamere. I mean how the hell would a low elo player innovate a strategy that would be FOTM in soloqueue ranked one day after.

High elo junglers obviously knew that Nasus would see an uprising after his buffs. Same for AP tryndamere. Revive+teleport karthus still isn't optimal for solo queue.

Why would a high elo player make a mistake? A high elo player has enough game knowledge to know right from wrong even without playing it.
I was born nude but now i am dude
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2013 6:56am | Report
I think this idea is nice in theory but would be pretty useless in practice. There aren't that many active members that are plat+ or diamond+, for starters. The forum would be pretty dead most of the time, or at best be populated by a small amount of regulars just discussing amongst themselves. At that point you might as well do what Jai said and start a group PM to achieve basically the same effect.

I'm all for more high-elo discussion, but I don't think this is the way it's going to happen. If I were a Mobafire admin, I'd want to see a lot more high elo activity before thinking about making a new sub-forum.

We have elo verification, I think that works well enough. Throatslasher, if you don't want opinions from people under a certain rank, then just don't listen to them. Your Ryze thread receiving a bunch of comments from people you may not want to listen to will increase the likelihood of a higher elo person seeing it, not decrease it. It also doesn't hurt to listen to ideas from lower ranked players because, whether they can test it or execute it well or not, sometimes they have good ideas. Imagine some low elo guy suggests AP tryndamere before he was popularized. He may not actually be able to tell if it's a good idea, but you can still think about it and judge for yourself.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2013 6:57am | Report
All hail the high-elo gods. And if people don't like the forum there's noone forcing them in there.

I see this as a great opportunity to attract high-elo players to the game.

And if someone's confused they can always send a PM.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide