Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] - Cap/eliminate ratings on general...

Creator: Jebus McAzn August 27, 2011 6:43pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 9:07pm | Report
Then I don't see what the problem is?

When you search for a champion with the Champion filter, it removes those general guides.

When you search through the database, or the champion list at the footer of the website, general guides are not shown.

I really don't see what the problem is. Maybe I'm tired.

Someone highlight where exactly the general guides are "overshadowing" champion guides.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 9:13am | Report
I see no reason to remove them...
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 5:48pm | Report
General guides typically have a monopoly on the type of information they provide.

Who would make another "Jungling basics" type guide if there already is one that covers everything? It would be seen as unnecessary, and possibly a little rude.

I really don't think there needs to be a cap. Just a separation.

Like Pro guides, General guides exist in a realm of their own, often being very highly rated with no serious competition besides other unrelated general guides and should not be displayed in the same lists as normal champion guides.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 6:28pm | Report
The cap probably isn't necessary but I feel like there's a problem with the current system. :/
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 8:58pm | Report
We really need an IP ban on that guy.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 10:25pm | Report
thing is, I think that is what was done, but he keeps either making accounts at different computers or keeps resetting the router

what's funny is I looked it up and it's a malicious site

of course, with a person making multiple accounts and spamming it, that is kinda obvious anyways.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 1:09am | Report
I think they should be left as is. You currently can't find general guides on any of the mobafire charts on the front page. Also, if people are sorting guides simply by score they are not looking for anything specific, which makes it a good place for general guides.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 1:22am | Report
Mowen wrote:

I think they should be left as is. You currently can't find general guides on any of the mobafire charts on the front page. Also, if people are sorting guides simply by score they are not looking for anything specific, which makes it a good place for general guides.

But if they were officially separated, they'd be given their own shiny tab on the front page.

Gusta? :D
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 1:33am | Report
me gusta

well you know

what about the

"mobafire charts"

"good advice"

??

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 2:51am | Report
Yea, them having their own section on the front page would probably be good.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide