Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

AP Master Yi

Creator: Swarm May 31, 2012 1:14pm
18 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Swarm
<Member>
Swarm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 1:14pm | Report
Is AP Master Yi viable for my level of play? I'm level 21 right now. If it is viable do you guys have any advice for me?

I'm using an AP Master Yi guide from this site for help.

Any ideas on what my builds should look like? I'm thiking about using Nashor's Tooth with AP Master Yi but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 2:43pm | Report
Erples... AP YI SO VIABLE, BRAH!
Go mid and pwn some noob ***!

Start with Amplifying Tome upgraded to Kage's Lucky pick. Immediately get Sorcerer's Shoes. Rush a Rabadon's Deathcap and then get Deathfire Grasp. Get Lich Bane and pwn some noobs.

If they still won't die, get your Zhonya's Hourglass and then Void Staff. You won the game!

Tips and tricks:

Always use Deathfire Grasp before using anything else.
Use Zhonya's Hourglass if your Meditate is on cooldown.
Don't ult at the beginning of a fight. Wait for someone to get low and then Highlander and Alpha Strike that person. Repeat Alpha Strike again and again until they are all dead.
Be careful of CC because it can stop your stuff.
Lich Bane hits like a truck after an Alpha Strike.

Hextech Gunblade is always viable to pwn them noobs. Replace with Lich Bane or Zhonya's Hourglass
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 3:21pm | Report
Nothing should replace Lich Bane for Master Yi. Q + LB gives too much burst and therefore snowball potential in fights to replace it for consistent damage output.

You can start anything you want, my recommended is Boots + pots because you're mid, into Sorcerer's Shoes or Mercury's Treads.

Then build a kage's lucky pick into Deathfire Grasp for some burst.

Then a Rabadon's Deathcap, Lich Bane, Banshee's Veil, and Void Staff.

In teamfights, wait for someone who's ~1/2 health, Highlander in, DFG > Q > Lich Bane proc for the kill/assist, and spam Q on squishies. When you get focused, click W.

That's about it :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 6:04am | Report
Hey Swarm,

AP Yi is super legit! Here a few personal tips that may or may not apply depending on who you are facing in lane:

1. You can harass enemies without being touched if you use Alpha Strike wisely. Wait until the enemy champ is standing near his minion wave and then Alpha Strike a minion, catching him in the damage woosh.

2. I personally snag one or two Doran's Ring because early game you can have mana problems and the health and ability power are perfect.

3. Do NOT Underestimate the power of Meditate. If you have enough mana regen you can basically sit in lane FOREVER. Use this to bully your opponent. You are fine losing a little health now and then because every time meditate is up you will be right back to full.

4. In teamfights, let the enemy team burn some of there CC and then dive in with Alpha Strike followed by Meditate when they turn to kill you. Everyone thinks of Yi as super squishy, so they will probably waste several seconds attacking you while you are nigh invincible. This will let your team destroy them, and you can clean up with Alpha Strike and Highlander.

5. Rush Lich Bane. It will make your burst ungodly, and is the the single most important item for AP Yi in my humble opinion.

6. Have fun!
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Swarm
<Member>
Swarm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 9:38am | Report
Should I use Nashor's Tooth with AP Yi or no?
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 9:48am | Report
No. It's a terrible item and the only stats that benefit AP Yi are mediocre.

You don't need Cdr because your ult refreshes all your CDs.

No attack speed because your AA damage is pitiful.

Only 65 AP, most AP items give 80.

And the mana regen is stupid. :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Swarm
<Member>
Swarm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 9:59am | Report
Should I build Abyssal Scepter or Hextech Gunblade?
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 10:00am | Report
Nashor's Tooth is only really viable on champs that run on hit builds. Now, Master yi IS one of those few champs that can successfully run on hit because of Highlander and the speed boost. BUT if you are running AP Yi, it has no place.

A fun example of On Hit Master Yi:
Berserker's Greaves
Frozen Mallet
Wit's End
Malady
Nashor's Tooth
Madred's Bloodrazor

If you are running AP Yi, get these items:
Sorcerer's Shoes
Lich Bane
Deathfire Grasp
Rabadon's Deathcap
Abyssal Mask
zhyona's hourglass

If you are running AD Yi, get these items:
Berserker's Greaves
Bloodthirster
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver
Frozen Mallet

Master Yi was my very first love, and the first character in this game I claim to have "mastered". I am experienced in all 3 styles. And, Master Yi is unique, in that he is one of maybe 3 champs that can successfully run ALL THREE major styles of offensive building (the other two being Teemo and Warwick). Might be more, but these are the three that stand out in my mind. AP yi is def super legit in mid lane, but is VERY RARELY seen. Go ahead and master it, and watch people flip out as they try to counter you!
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Swarm
<Member>
Swarm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 10:04am | Report
Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna go try to master Yi now :)
Swarm
<Member>
Swarm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 10:36am | Report
Wait one more thing. The items you listed for each play style for Yi are those in the order you buy them?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide