Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guides of the Week! (S9 Week 26)

Creator: PsiGuard June 27, 2019 6:53pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2019 6:53pm | Report

Fear My Sting - Jungle Skarner [9.13] by @ Maintained
Looking for the definitive Skarner guide? Look no further. Maintained's guide covers different playstyles for Skarner ranging from tanky frontliner to primary engage and even a juggernaut-style fighter, each with its own set of runes and items. The variety of options at Skarner's disposal makes this guide a great resource for new Skarner players or for those looking to optimize and adapt their builds to each game.

This is one of many guides that benefits from Jovy's fantastic coding and graphics skills, as well as Maintained's own contributions to the visuals, including silky smooth gifs demonstrating different aspects of Skarner's play. Not only is this a solid guide for building and playing Skarner, it's also a great guide for improving as a jungler in general. Skarner's in a good spot in the meta right now and is pretty easy to pick up and play, so definitely give this guide a look if you're looking to pick up a new jungler.

[S9] Surf's Up! - Taric Support Guide by @ L3gislacerator
I've gushed about this guide a few times already since its been featured in multiple guide contests. It should come as no surprise that L3gislacerator's Taric guide is still a fantastic educational tool with a flashy and fun visual style. The author has put years of work into this guide and keeps it up to date, so his efforts really show in the final result.

Aside from the wide variety of information in the guide, one of the highlights for me is L3gislacerator's fun writing style and tidbits of humor sprinkled throughout. The visuals, jokes and overall high energy of the writing keeps readers engaged throughout the very detailed guide. Finally (I can't help but mention this every time), his Jhin synergy section is a poem with four lines of four words with four letters each. It's awesome.

[9.13] Play Like The Pros - In-Depth Kai'Sa Guide S9 by @ Vapora Dark
Kai'Sa's builds have changed pretty drastically since her release. Thankfully, Vapora is on top of things with the currently popular Manamune build. Even if you've played Kai'Sa in the past, it might be worth giving this build a try since it feels quite different from her past build options. Vapora also includes 2 example builds (one AP-focused and one AD) which helps demonstrate the different directions that Kai'Sa's build paths can diverge after finishing her core items.

Like his other ADC guides, Vapora's Kai'Sa guide is well-rounded and a good resource for any new ADC player, or for players looking to improve their game. After breaking down most of Kai'Sa's build (you forgot to talk about Stormrazor Vapora!), you'll get a detailed look at Kai'Sa's early and mid game strategies. Vapora ends off the guide with his typical general ADC advice, which is worth reading even if you don't play the champion.

If you liked any of these guides, be sure to give the authors a vote and comment with your thoughts! See you again next week. :)
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2019 7:29pm | Report
Quoted:
(you forgot to talk about Stormrazor Vapora!)

The poor man's more expensive Manamune PepeLaugh

Actually went out of my way to take it out, probably shoulda left it in since so many people are still using it but I took the approach of IE = scaling, Manamune/Stormrazor = earlygame, and Manamune felt like the stronger early option so Stormrazor was obsolete. Might look into adding it back.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2019 10:07pm | Report
I think as long as your items section matches your cheatsheet that's fine. Up to you whether it's a worthwhile option or not, but if it's in your cheatsheet you should explain it somewhere.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2019 7:24am | Report
Only just realized it's still in the optional items part, whoops. Taken it out for now, I'll take a look into whether it's worth fully re-integrating it as a full build. :-)
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
L3gislacerator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2019 9:27am | Report
Glad that your eyes
Fell here once more!
Gems can't glow like
Your soul does, love.

| Support Taric Guide | Jungle Taric Guide | signature by jhoijhoi! |
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2019 9:29am | Report

All veterans! All purple themed! All Diamo- ah... GP letting the team down as usual.
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2019 10:08am | Report
Guides have a way of standing out. Mine isn't Diamond, L3gislacerator's has detailed match ups and synergies, and yours has a lack of information :^)

Special thanks to Jovy for the signature! Check out her shop
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2019 10:11am | Report
Maintained wrote:
and yours has a lack of information :^)

Coincidentally the same reason your brain stands out. :^)
L3gislacerator
<Fabulous>
L3gislacerator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2019 10:22am | Report

| Support Taric Guide | Jungle Taric Guide | signature by jhoijhoi! |
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2019 11:18am | Report
God I love reading these comments. x)