Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MFTV & Twitch: Official Statement

Creator: FlashJ June 12, 2013 4:29pm
Anonandonandon
<Member>
Anonandonandon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:21am | Report
DemonRyou wrote:

They complained about MOBAFire botting/faking views. We disproved that. Then they turned to complain about the auto-play and auto-mute. They're just blindly following the accusations that was started by Siv and keep turning to complain about one thing if not the other.

I know you're being silly and defensive instead of logical, so I'll try and point this out as clearly as I can.

Having the stream set to auto-play on the front page with no choice being taken by the user IS faking viewers.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:28am | Report
I actually never scroll down the main page, so I had no idea at all the stream was there until the whole big fuss.

Either way, sad that it's down, had a lot of fun watching it. Pity!

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
DemonRyou
<Member>
DemonRyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:28am | Report
Faking viewers would imply that the views are fake, which they are not, because there is a real person behind that view visiting the website that has had REAL work put into it.

It would seems your replies consist of one out of two things: a big rant consisting of over-used vocabulary and outrageous accusations or a tiny reply that has no credibility and no logic behind it.

How about you go take a little break and watch something educational to stimulate your brain? I don't think Siv is good for ya ;).
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:29am | Report
Actually no its not if you decided to see how different companies fare for ad views you'd see the ones with auto play ads higher, whats the difference here when MobaFire is advertising their stream?
Edit: @ anon
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:30am | Report

Having the stream set to auto-play on the front page with no choice being taken by the user IS faking viewers.

How is it fake? If I watch TV and don't watch advertisements, just look away, I'm still counted as a viewer. That's how prime time television works; the companies pay for advertisement time, regardless of people are watching or not, they ASSUME viewers. It's the same for anything else, billboards, web advertisements, etc etc. If you visit a website, and a stream is there, you are a viewer. If you catch a train and there's a no smoking sign, and you smoke and you get arrested, you can't claim that you didn't know there was no notice - it's your job to be aware of what is around you.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
DemonRyou
<Member>
DemonRyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:34am | Report
What's actually funny is that Siv did no research whatsoever when he made the accusation. He actually believed that MOBAFire shrunk the stream down a single pixel and was playing it in the background on every single MOBAFire page. And he also thought that multiple tabs open = multiple views.

What's surprising though is that he actually believes that it's a law that a stream with 9000+ viewers needs to have a busy chat. It's as if there's an embedded version of the stream on the MOBAFire website that doesn't provide the ability to chat. Amazing :o
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:35am | Report
Quite honestly (though this isn't up to me at all), I don't see why we don't just have the stream closer to the top of the page, and bigger. If it's in a more prominent position, then you'd have less accusations of "shady" stream placement and you arguably wouldn't need it to autoplay in order to attract viewers.

I don't think the Mobafire staff is obligated to do anything in light of recent events. Nothing they've done is against Twitch's policy and they're perfectly within their rights to continue on as they've been doing. However I think it might be a good idea to look for an alternative that doesn't raise such a *****torm of criticism. I know people will always find something to complain about, but I think you have to admit there is some legitimacy to the criticisms of MFTV's stream.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:37am | Report

I know you're being silly and defensive instead of logical, so I'll try and point this out as clearly as I can.

you do have a choice, you can pause the stream or you can leave the front page. Most people don't even spend a great deal of time on the front page

and besides, twitch aid it was okay, if you have such a problem with it, why don't you take it up with twitch also?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 1:37am | Report
well if people didnt make such a ****ing fuss over nothing anyway there wouldnt be this problem, solution do the ****ing research to see if waht is ahppening is legal if it isnt take action if it is go on with your lide
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 2:34am | Report
the reddit thread is giving me cancer,
every SivHD comment is getting upvoted like **** while anything about mobafire being right is downvoted.

gosh dat bandwagon league community.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide