Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Celebrity - Meiyjhe

Creator: Mowen January 15, 2014 1:13pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:13pm | Report

Last MOBAFire Celebrity Interview we got to hear the thoughts of one of MOBAFire’s first Veteran’s, DEWO. This time we will be interviewing one of the most recently promoted Veterans, and the Veteran who has most recently joined the site, Meiyjhe!

Meiyjhe has been very involved in the community ever since he joined MOBAFire. He’s created a ton of helpful or fun content, including his review shop, general guides, and the “Banana-awards.” On top of this he’s always helping others or suggesting improvements for MOBAFire.

Thanks for being an awesome member Meiyjhe! Now, onto the interview...

Why did you join MOBAFire?

• I have been looking on mobafire a looong time. I always have been playing a huge variety of champions and each time I didn't exactly know how to build that champion again, I went to mobafire to check some guides. I visited mobafire quite often, but I actually never joined mobafire before. The reason I joined was because my friend made a build on mobafire. I myself thought it was really cool and I myself always wanted to upload my own build, I just never had the courage to do so. Since he did it, it inspired me to make a build on my own and upload it to mobafire. This friend however, is no longer active on mobafire :P

How did MOBAFire improve your League of Legends experience?

• Well, first of all I made a lot of guides, and well, they were bad. Once you make bad guides, people come along and tell you everything that is wrong with it. Back at the beginning, I wasn't that understanding and was too stubborn to listen, but once I realised that the information given is actually useful, I learned a lot of things about League of Legends which I otherwise was too stubborn to learn (like warding).

What pushed you to be so active and involved in MOBAFire right from the get-go?

• Laggermeister :P

Like I said, I made guides for mobafire and I thought they were the best in the world. I wanted everyone to see these guides, but I found out soon enough that advertising on mobafire was against the rules. Thus I had to find a way to become active. Thus I looked at the recent discussion and I saw it filled with Laggermeister comments on guides. I thought it was genius. However, I wanted to be a counterpart to Laggermeister, I decided to give positive feedback to all these new guides so when they think about me (or my products :P), they think positive. However, unexpectedly, the guides remained quite unpopular but the requests for help were in increase. Eventually I realised how bad my guides were, and tried my best to help others instead of shamelessly advertise my own goods :P

What is a memorable moment you had involving MOBAFire?

• There are a few moments that I will never forget. One is the Laggermeister discussions we had, the other is this weird forum game called the "rope" where I went hardcore on, a more recent moment which was very moving as well was of course my own promotion. The funniest thing is when I was looking on the mobafire wiki what all these ranks really meant and I saw the veteran rank, I thought by myself "I will never reach this rank". That might've made the promotion one of the most memorable things in my mobafire experience.

What keeps you coming back to MOBAFire?

• Mobafire has a type of community that I have been in never before in my life. Each time I come online I have no idea what to expect to see, I have no idea what to expect how people will react on certain things. If I see a PM notification, I lighten up and ask myself happily: "Where can this be about?", each time I try to answer a question with the best of my ability and some kind of person with a lot of expertise on this area says "Meiyjhe hit the nail on the head" a tiny burst of joy comes through my mind.

What are you looking forward to on MOBAFire?

• I hope that mobafire remains the way it is as a community, that all things get crossed of the big "to-do list" of the admins and that this will be the best website ever :P

Can you tell us about your journey with League of Legends? What was the experience like when you started, and what is it like now?

• When I started I had no idea what I was doing. Probably like anyone else at the beginning. At one side it made things very fun because I can experiment a lot, at the other side it sucks because my *** got kicked a lot of times. I kept experimenting, I kept learning, but it was a slow process. Now I am still doing weird stuff, but not because I try to find the best thing ever, but because I try to find a fun alternative :P

Who's your favorite champion and why?

• It used to be Ziggs, right now I think its Veigar. I don't know why, but I just have a love for yordles. Both of these champions are completely nuts and I love it. Their playstyle is also very rewarding to me. Nothing feels better than throwing a million bombs at an enemy or oneshotting an enemy tank :3

How do you feel about the changes Riot has made so far for Season 4?

• I actually enjoy supporting now. In season 2 and 3 I absolutely hated it, but now I can just go swagraka and get some killing sprees. Unlike some other people I also love the trinket system, now I actually don't forget to ward. I do not like jungle anymore though, in comparison to all other roles available, I'd rather go somewhere else.

When do you have the most fun playing League of Legends?

• It might sound really stupid, but I love soloqueue. I just love the randomness behind it. Sure, there are times that you get the instalockers and AFK'ers, but the times that I actually have the greatest conversations about nothing with people I have never met, it is just one of the greatest things of League :D

What are you looking forward to in League of Legends?

• I want hybrid to become a thing again. It is just so much fun to be able to do damage with everything. I also want to see things like AP ratios on Caitlyn’s ult and AP Master Yi becoming a thing again, but I doubt that will happen any time soon :P

What’s another game that you are very fond of, and why?

• Right now, Hearthstone. I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft and this game connects really well to the nolgastic feelings I have for WoW. The gameplay is also really random which also attracts me a lot. The arena especially, you can get the craziest decks with it. It is just really random I love it :D

Who is your favorite superhero, and why?

• I am more of a villain guy than a hero guy, but if I were to pick a hero it is Batman. This is because I do not really know a lot of superheros, so it is easier for Batman to be my favorite and the second reason I really like him is because of the setting he is in as a hero. Always in a dark environment with a city that is completely messed up, now thats cool :P

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

• If I would live somewhere, it would probably be in America, simply because I love the size over everything over there. The cities, the buildings, the food, the drinks, the beds, it's all big, I LOVE IT! Besides that, if I were to succeed with my environmental study, there are plenty of environmental problems in America so plenty stuff for me to do there :P

In terms of holiday, Japan. I have no idea how it is there, I only see things of Japan that I see in terms of Anime and television, and what I see is soooo weird. I want to see it with my own eyes :P

Do you have any funny stories from when you were a child?

• My parents punish me every day for this one. In the Netherlands we have this Sinterklaas holiday where we put down our shoes next to the fireplace and it will be filled with candy after the night. This will be done for some days and then at the end there is this big thing with presents instead of candy. Well so I was waking up one day and I ran down towards my shoe like any happy kid would do, but meanwhile I was running there, I passed a huge pile of presents but I kept walking to my shoe. Then I was disappointed to see my shoe empty and I screamed: "THERE IS NOTHING INSIDE", then my parent came by and said: "Please, turn around", thus I did and well, I felt kinda embarrassed.

Be sure to check out Meiyjhe's most recent Forum Awards and vote for your favorite MOBAFire users!

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:32pm | Report
Wait, you love solo queue but have only played like 100 games of it in S3?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:34pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Wait, you love solo queue but have only played like 100 games of it in S3?

Wut? I played plenty of solo queue in S3. Not ranked tho :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:36pm | Report
Officially solo queue = any game mode that you queue on your own. However, solo queue is generally used to define ranked solo queue ;-) Honestly I've never seen/heard it used in any other definition as ranked solo queue in ages.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 1:55pm | Report
Always love stuff like this, it's great to learn a bit more about people who work hard on the site, one way or another :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 2:17pm | Report
lol entertaining as always. always a good time meiyjhe.

SmokedCarpenter
<Member>
SmokedCarpenter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2014 3:58pm | Report
MY SHOE IS EMPTY NUUUUUUUUUU!!! You da man nanners :D

Props to ZeHamilton for the amazing signature!
Mundo in the Jungle
Simply Shen: Top Lane
Always appreciate that +rep guys :D
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2014 2:58pm | Report
Congrats(I missed something)! Nice read. I never actually thought of you as the opposite of Laggermeister, funny detail.

I realized we never ran out of apples for the horse before I saw the presents ^^

Great interview!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2014 3:14pm | Report
Aw, nice interview! Especially liked the story about shoes :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2015 3:27am | Report
awesome interview!11111 8)))
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide