Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Guide Layout, New Versus Feature + Tons of...

Creator: Mowen June 12, 2014 6:10pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 10:30pm | Report
I like the padding for comments in the forums.

But I agree with Astrolia regarding the item icons. They're too big. It looks clumsy/magnified to me.

Otherwise, neat update :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 10:49pm | Report
astrolia, thanks for the feedback!

We're working on some adjustments to smooth over the item layout based on everyone's feedback :) We're going to try to shave off as much padding as we can, and we're going to try adding a toggle so you can disable the names if you don't need them. We'll try those adjustments and then go from there! We don't want to remove the names entirely, as we feel that it's important for newer players, but I think with a little more work we can find a good middle ground. We will also be bringing back the cheat sheet, which will be useful for more experienced players that need minimal information to use a build while in-game.

The profile hasn't really been addressed again in this update, some minor tweaks were made but we haven't gone back and re-assessed it yet. We would like to do a lot more with the profile landing page when we do.

Regarding the Elophant builds, it's a bit complicated. Due to technical limitations, currently the data is based on Challenger matches over the last 7 days, which is a smaller pool. Additionally, the only information we have access to is what was in the player's inventory when a match ended. So if you dump your inventory right at the end of a match, we don't know what you used. We have a few ideas as to why players end up with an inventory like this at the end of the match, and we're still investigating the data and ways to filter out this type of build, as it's obviously not something you'd actually want to aim for in your own matches... However this should be correct based on what we are getting from Riot, before filtering. We should have some better filtering in place very soon.

You can see more variety in the builds on Elophant; http://www.elophant.com/league-of-legends/champion/karma/builds

jhoijhoi, thanks! Glad you like it! More updates coming :)
PoisonIvy
<Member>
PoisonIvy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 11:05pm | Report
I like the versus feature, but I suggest adding a neutral row in between.

Signature by Emikadon
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 11:08pm | Report
OMG MATCHUPS!

Now I have to actually write matchups sections....
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 11:40pm | Report
Quoted:
Pro guides are now only "stickied" to the top of listings if their freshness is "Ideal"

I'm so happy right now - finally :D
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 12:41am | Report
Liking it so far.

Still missing item search and being able to switch item purchase order.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 1:23am | Report
So is there ever gonna be a change to the guide listings? By default you are shown the top rated guides for whichever champion you click on and it literally does give you the top rated guide no matter how outdated it is. There's more but I'll take my guide as an example. It's technically the top rated Leona guide right now, but it's listed as the 10th guide when you look up the top rated Leona build. :|

But well regarding the actual changes I kind of do like the match-up thing, although I don't think it's emphasized enough. It's pretty small, just icon size wise, compared to the rest of the cheathsheet and also unless you list like 10 or so champions it takes up very little space. You know, it just feels sort of empty.
I for one am okay with the cheat-sheet icon size and stuff, or you've changed them by now; I don't know, but I don't like the way comments look now; too much spacing. I'll get used to it anyway, just my thoughts right now.

Oh and while on the topic of missing the item search option and the ability to switch item purchase order, it might be nice to able to switch the match-ups around too. I had to redo my match-ups a couple of times so I could keep it 1-5 since after reconsidering the rank I gave, say, Soraka I had to move her up on the scale but I couldn't do that. Instead I had to remove either Nami or change Nami and Soraka's icons and then switch the texts. Not a big deal but yeah, just pointing that out.

Really nice job over all though :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 2:21am | Report
Quoted:
I had to redo my match-ups a couple of times so I could keep it 1-5 since after reconsidering the rank I gave, say, Soraka I had to move her up on the scale but I couldn't do that. Instead I had to remove either Nami or change Nami and Soraka's icons and then switch the texts.

I think the match-ups could be a little bit more intuitive. It should be ordered automatically by the values you assign. So if Soraka is harder to deal with than Nami (for instance), then no matter the order you add the rows, the coding should factor in the fact that you ranked Soraka as 4 hardness, and Nami only 3 hardness, thus Soraka should be shown in a logical manner to be harder than Nami. Also:

*excuse the shoddy paint job.

♡ sig by me ♡
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 2:28am | Report
I don't think this is aesthetically pleasing to the eye

Also I'd like to see some coding for the matchups. Something like general code for all the matchups ([matchups] for example) and something for the specific champion ([matchups=caitlyn]) which would include the notes as always visible and which shows the ranking of it.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 2:52am | Report
^That's a super cool idea.

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide