Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting ****...

Creator: Mowen October 22, 2013 7:50am
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 2:49pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

As I said in the PM, if you have specific issue with any posts he made, you can link it to me or another admin (or report it) and we'll take a look at it. I can certainly accept the possibility that I've been too lenient on some posts. For the record, there have been posts targeted at you which I have deleted, you probably just didn't see them.

So at what point exactly does he get banned then if 2 years worth of posts harassing me being deleted aren't going to do the trick?

PsiGuard wrote:
You claim I'm showing favoritism (at least I think that's what your point is) as if your two posts are the only two personal attacks I've ever deleted on MOBAFire. In both cases, I also brought it up with other admins before taking any action.

So are you still waiting on an answer from the other admins on this comment, or is the fact that it's not a) made by me, and b) directed to the anonymous individual a factor in why it and all the similar comments like it (just google Vapora + [redacted], I'm sure you'll find plenty more like it) weren't immediately removed like mine are?

And my comments aren't even as bad as [redacted]'s, the only difference is that they're facts, and they paint the anonymous individual in a light they don't want everyone else to see them in. Who would want to be known as a horrible person and someone who tries to cheat the system? And moreoever why is calling someone out for these things worse than [redacted] incessently harassing someone they've never talked to but had a grudge on anyway for years?

Hey if I throw a ranked game and feel ashamed of it and FalseoGod tries to post about it on MOBAFire, can I get that removed since it's a fact about me that I don't like and don't want people to know?

PsiGuard wrote:
5+ paragraph rants about someone in the community is not criticism. If you have criticism for someone, feel free to contact them directly. MOBAFire isn't the place to air someone's dirty laundry.

Last time I criticised them of having their boyfriend log into their account and Elo boost them with undeniable evidence, they denied it anyway (later on confirmed it when we made up though), blocked me, and had an admin tell me to stop accusing them of facts. Apparently facts they don't like are not to be talked about neither in public nor in private.

Can I just PM every MOBAFire user of who this person is and what they did? Is it okay if it's not on the forums? Or if I go round adding everyone on League/Skype to tell them is that a MOBAFire approved method of notifying everyone of what kind of user we have on the site?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 2:54pm | Report
[comment deleted]

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 2:56pm | Report
Hey, just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry, Vapora. All of this **** started off as a joke that has obviously gone way too far, and at this point its just toxic. I don't want to cause any issues on MOBAFire and I'm willing to let sleeping dogs lie. Won't happen again.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 3:04pm | Report
He hasn't been banned because he hasn't done enough to lead to a ban. Just like you haven't been banned because you haven't done enough to lead to a ban (or even a demotion).

Deleted the comment you linked. At the time your report seemed tongue-in-cheek and you didn't react to the actual post so I assumed you took it as a joke. I agree that it's pretty harsh.

As for your question about posting embarrassing match histories, that hasn't happened before so I'd have to think about it. Asking the person who posted it to take it down would be a good start. It'd be grounds for deletion if it turned into a discussion about how bad the person was as a player or something like that.

I don't really care if insults are factual or not -- they're still insulting. Being right doesn't give you grounds to call someone out on the site

Admins can't view others' Private Messages, so while you could talk to whomever you want about stuff like this in theory, if it became a problem to the point where people started reporting it, then an admin would review the messages and decide if any action needs to be taken.

An example would be if a member PMd someone and told them to kill themselves, that would be actionable behavior even though it's in a private message. Generally anything that would be considered heavy harassment.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 3:15pm | Report
FatelBlade wrote:
Hey, just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry, Vapora. All of this **** started off as a joke that has obviously gone way too far, and at this point its just toxic. I don't want to cause any issues on MOBAFire and I'm willing to let sleeping dogs lie. Won't happen again.

It's not as if you were unaware.

PsiGuard wrote:
Admins can't view others' Private Messages, so while you could talk to whomever you want about stuff like this in theory

Sweet. Issue resolved then. PM's will be going out shortly. ^^
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 3:33pm | Report
^Um, I think you missed Joev's point. Don't slander people, either through PMs or public forums. It's not what MobaFire was made for.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 3:34pm | Report
As the official owner of the Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting **** on Other Threads) thread let's please move on to more random **** and less drama.

I will begin with this amazing story about my dog.

Today she found a ladybug and proceeded to try to kill it. She barked at it and looked at me like "you need to help me with this thing maester." My 35lb dog who barks at every guy that enters like "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" is afraid of bugs and will do anything to get rid of them.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Hoppermh
<Altruistic Artist>
Hoppermh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 5:33pm | Report
Mowen wrote:
story about my dog.

Today she found a ladybug and proceeded to try to kill it. She barked at it and looked at me like "you need to help me with this thing maester." My 35lb dog who barks at every guy that enters like "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" is afraid of bugs and will do anything to get rid of them.

^_^ I has a story on topic of pets and bugs!

One time a fly got in the house, he was in such an amazement that something so tiny had the power to fly! He immediately just took cover as if it were an airplane with a bomb ready. Lets just say his idea of safety is under a bed and needs an all clear to be ables to leave it.

On topic of the "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" part I was walking my dog once on our usual path, we pass by a house that owns a beagle. This tiny little beagle comes down the porch and sprints over with the loudest bark I've heard in a really long time. My dog became a rabbit and leaped into the air and launched towards the street~ Pretty funny.

I found he is fascinated with anything new but is such a scaredy cat xd

<3

Thank you MissMaw for the signature! <3
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2017 5:42pm | Report
Beautifully written Hopper! :)
I can't take back the words I never said
FalseoGod
<Veteran>