Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

DFG and Singed

Creator: luizdeh April 26, 2013 12:30pm
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 7:28am | Report
That's a lot of math. But it should include every possible variable for a better result.

As I said before, this is entirely situational (when in need of burst), and Liandry's Torment should have priority. Also, I think the maths should be done with it double-proc'd due to Rylai's Crystal Scepter, as it is a staple of Singed builds.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2013 4:33pm | Report
As much as Singed's role isn't to be a burst.
I thik it would be hilarious to 1 shot carries just because you can.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 6:31am | Report
Joshified wrote:

As much as Singed's role isn't to be a burst.
I thik it would be hilarious to 1 shot carries just because you can.

Exactly. I've been in enough situations where I'd die for people not being able to dish out enough damage while I'm flippin' enemies like pancakes and trying to stack poison on everybody. In these situations, I usually just go for burst and try to get the AD/APc as fast as possible and then return to being annoying. What's funny about this scenario is that the AD/APc is usually backline, so when I charge through with Q on and Rylai's Crystal Scepter+ Liandry's Torment, i'm doing damage to everybody. Had triple kills this way, just from going straight to the carry, bursting them down and returning frontline. That poison really hurts. Obviously this isn't high level play, I'd probably be chained-CC before reaching target.

And honestly, all this talk about 'roles' and 'what you're supposed to do' is just ********. Singed should be tanky, that's a given. The rest is up to you. Do you want to simply not die? Do you want to kill everybody? Do you want to be the anti-AD/APc? And so on and so forth.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 7:40am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Will it also value the magicpen and HP vs CDR?

Obviously.... I am no regular noob mathcrafter ;P.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 7:45am | Report
luizdeh wrote:

Exactly. I've been in enough situations where I'd die for people not being able to dish out enough damage while I'm flippin' enemies like pancakes and trying to stack poison on everybody. In these situations, I usually just go for burst and try to get the AD/APc as fast as possible and then return to being annoying. What's funny about this scenario is that the AD/APc is usually backline, so when I charge through with Q on and Rylai's Crystal Scepter+ Liandry's Torment, i'm doing damage to everybody. Had triple kills this way, just from going straight to the carry, bursting them down and returning frontline. That poison really hurts. Obviously this isn't high level play, I'd probably be chained-CC before reaching target.

And honestly, all this talk about 'roles' and 'what you're supposed to do' is just ********. Singed should be tanky, that's a given. The rest is up to you. Do you want to simply not die? Do you want to kill everybody? Do you want to be the anti-AD/APc? And so on and so forth.

And while I do agree partly with you (you should do whatever you want with a champion), I have to say that playing Singed as a melee AD carry isn't gonna work. There are many ways to play a champ. There are some that completely suck, some that are acceptable and fun, some that are situational and some that are just straight up the best way to play that champ. I, sadly, think playing Singed as a single target burst caster isn't going to be very effective. The only damage your DFG will amplify is your Fling and 4 seconds of your Poison Trail. I really doubt this will allow you instakill a squishy. Pretty sure just going full out DPS will make you kill a squishy (and tankier enemies) faster.

EDIT: Can you tell me at what point you get Liandry's Torment/ Deathfire Grasp please? What's your build when you reach that point? (talking to everyone in general)

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 8:21am | Report
Singed AD/AS, will have to try it out for sure. =P

For me it's usually: Mercury's Treads, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Thornmail, Seraph's Embrace, Abyssal Mask.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 1:35pm | Report
I dislike the thornmail.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 1:55pm | Report
You know, thornmail is probably one of the most underrated items in the game. Some notes to this:

Quoted:
  • Returns 30% of the Auto Attack damage to the dealer as Magic Damage. The returned damage is calculated before armor (This means if enemy deals 1000 damage with auto attacks and you have 100 armor, you will lose 500 HP and you will return 300 magic damage to the dealer)
  • In average it deals 45% of the damage that you receive (e.g. in death recap it says you received 1000 damage from basic attack which means enemy's death recap should say Thornmail dealt about 450 damage)
  • This item has the highest potential in the game
  • Dueling an AD carry with and this item is a devastating combo
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 2:00pm | Report
Thornmail counters lifesteal but you need HP items behind it. Some people buy it as their first item and wonder why they still got blown up by Kha'Zix.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 2:14pm | Report
Satella wrote:

Thornmail counters lifesteal but you need HP items behind it. Some people buy it as their first item and wonder why they still got blown up by Kha'Zix.

For Singed that means anything with mana. Either you go early Tear of the Goddess or rush Rod of Ages. It is a beautiful item after either and Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

I played with a Rammus a couple of days ago that stacked 3 of those. When I asked him if he knew the passive doesn't stack, he simply said he didn't care. Guess he didn't know about Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart or Sunfire Aegis.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide