Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to build AP Xin Zhao :o (Suggestions needed)

Creator: DarkPercy January 24, 2013 6:52pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 4:27pm | Report
Get those items, lich bane and a rabadon + barrier/heal and you can probably solo towers from full hp. If not, league of warmog's

DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 4:47pm | Report
You can easily solo Baron too

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2013 10:36pm | Report
Malady is core. Nashors is core. Guinsoos really gud, I remember when he was reworked people were using it on AD Xin too.

I don't really know what else, though. DFG isn't great because you deal sustained damage with E R W QQQ E.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 12:40am | Report
oh damn im gonna try this in a norm
Bellpepper
<Member>
Bellpepper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 1:37am | Report
What about Liandry's Torment or Rod of Ages?

I mean, both give Health, which you will need since you're buying just about no defensive stats.
Liandrys also does more damage when your target is slowed by Audacious Charge or Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

Only bad thing about RoA is that you would have to buy it fairly early for it to charge... :/
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 5:31am | Report
I think, getting a Warmog's Armor first and then the AP is the way to go. You need enough survivability to even able to hit the enemy for the heal. I would say the second one should be Guinsoo's Rageblade because of the overall effectivity. Third would be Malady, because Malady is without real AP not that effective.

After that, I would build depending onto siutation. Either items with more HP or Nashor's Tooth for more attack speed. Randuin's Omen or Runic Bulwark are great defense items. For a mix of HP and damage, Liandry's Torment works.

I would also say Lich Bane or Iceborn Gauntlet are a must.

Full Offense:

Item Sequence

Sorcerer's Shoes 1100
Guinsoo's Rageblade 3000
Malady 2035
Lich Bane 3100
Nashor's Tooth 3000

Full Defense/Utility:

Item Sequence

Mercury's Treads 1100
Guinsoo's Rageblade 3000
Malady 2035
Iceborn Gauntlet 2600
Runic Bulwark 2950

Balanced:

Item Sequence

Sorcerer's Shoes 1100
Guinsoo's Rageblade 3000
Malady 2035
Lich Bane 3100
Liandry's Torment 3000
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 8:29am | Report
I don't know, Iceborn Gauntlet really doesn't appeal me... I'll have to test. Warmog's Armor, Rod of Ages do not either. He heals himself, so what you want is resistances not HP. And he needs to get his AP and CDR as quickly as he can because he is nothing without it...

I feel like Guinsoo's Rageblade's spell vamp + lifesteal is wasted. I also feel like it's not worth it because other items seem so much more important.

For Liandry's Torment, I should probably not talk about it because I highly dislike this item on most champions. I would never get that on Xin Zhao since the AoE of Audacious Charge is really small... Also, his ult already deals % of current HP so that kinda sucks for Liandry's passive. However he deals sustained damage so I might have to try it.

Lich Bane is really in my favorites but I feel like Malady and Lich Bane aren't really worth getting before you have at least Rabadon's Deathcap. Maybe it's just me.

For now, my favorite build is:

Doran's Ring, Boots, Doran's Ring, Nashor's Tooth Mercury's Treads, Needlessly Large Rod, Malady, Sheen, Rabadon's Deathcap, Lich Bane, Guardian Angel.

With blue buff you have 40% CDR.

Obviously, that's a very squishy build xD. I'd use that mid with MR Glyphs and Armor Seals. I can usually rape in lane.
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 10:41am | Report
Well, what do you want with resistances? In S3, most resistances get penetrated with ease anyway. There is a reason why people get Warmog's Armor on nearly any champ. And for Xin, he gets a good amount of resistances with his ultimate. With the combined amount of HP and resistances from ulti he can survive the initial burst and then start his healing game.

The build which includes Iceborn Gauntlet is basically a tank AP Xin, which mainly focuses onto utility. Obviously, Iceborn Gauntlet offers more utility than Lich Bane.

Rabadon's Deathcap I would get now aswell instead of Guinsoo's Rageblade, but I would still get it last. At the place of Guinsoo's Rageblade I would get Nashor's Tooth then.

Damage AP Xin:

Item Sequence

Sorcerer's Shoes 1100
Nashor's Tooth 3000
Malady 2035
Lich Bane 3100
Rabadon's Deathcap 3600

Utility AP Xin:

Item Sequence

Mercury's Treads 1100
Nashor's Tooth 3000
Malady 2035
Iceborn Gauntlet 2600
Runic Bulwark 2950
He is gonna kill you!!!
Bellpepper
<Member>
Bellpepper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 10:52am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

For Liandry's Torment, I should probably not talk about it because I highly dislike this item on most champions. I would never get that on Xin Zhao since the AoE of Audacious Charge is really small... Also, his ult already deals % of current HP so that kinda sucks for Liandry's passive. However he deals sustained damage so I might have to try it.

But Liandrys + Rylai's makes it so the proc does double damage on every autoattack you do doesn't it? That would make it 10% of his current health which is really strong... only problem is -> if you initiate with Audacious charge and then hit an Autoattack will the Liandrys proc do 10% or 5% dmg (because Charge is AoE)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 10:58am | Report
I don't think either Liandry's or Rylai's proc with item/mastery damage, they proc only with spell damage.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide